notice about using led grow light?

Discussion in 'DIY LED Builds' started by Sylvanfan, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Sylvanfan

Sylvanfan New Member

I just got two led grow light for my plants, but don't know exactly about the tips on how to use it. Any helps? Any notice about using different colors?
    how to control the time?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    GrowKing likes this.
  2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

There isn't really a trick to using LEDs. The plants should be 2-3 feet below the light by most recommendations I have seen, but some will grow into the light.

Some of these lights have built in timers and if not, a timer will need to be used to control the photo-period.

Buy your light for spectrum the same way you would for any other light.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    GrowKing likes this.
  3. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Exactly what Disco said, especially the 2-3 from the light. Just because it doesn't feel hot a few inches from the light doesn't mean the light isn't intense. I've let them get too close and though it didn't burn them the intensity severly bleached the tops of the closest buds.
    Be Cool, CG

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

What brand name lighs do you have? Do you know what what the wattage is or what type of leds are in it? So many different led lights on the market.

5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Yes yes, specs please :pimp:

6. GrowKing

GrowKing Member

7. GrowKing

GrowKing Member

I am not sure which is best anymore, I am tempted to going back to the old way, but I have read a lot about led doing well. Get a full spectrum or one that has flower and veg switches.. lemme know what you tried.

8. Justcheckingitout

I am a rapid led guy. The diy cob lights they got are great. Alot of different types of combos you can make, as far as if you want a more veg light or flower light or one thats good for both, like this sweet one i just built

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    bigbudztoo, ducrider and nippie like this.
  9. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Nice looking light, JCIO.

10. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Looks great but I thought you were going to go with 5 cobs per rack. What changed your mind?

11. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Looked like 5 to me...

How long is the rack?

12. Justcheckingitout

its a 4 foot with 5 cobs. I put the driver between the last 2 cobs on one side. 20171205_000427.jpg The plants love it. So do I. :bigok: i know, Transplant already, but tomorrow is the big day. 20171204_135432.jpg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  13. ducrider

Oops I missed the one hiding behind the driver.

14. Justcheckingitout

Got to admit, they are fun to build. If it was like a cool legal state where you could grow here, I would build and sell them

15. ducrider

Erector sets for adults!

16. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

So far the best lights I've used as far as LEDs go!