The pilots perch

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Green Goblin, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Answer as frequently as you like: if you could jump in right now...

1. Skymaster 336

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Rv10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rans s10

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Kr2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Long EZ

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Super decathlon

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Aeronca C3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Quicksilver MX

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. Quicksilver MXII

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. Hughes H4 Hercules

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

any pilots here?

I try to get my fix with rc, currently building a 9' tailless slope dart. But it jus doesn't do the trick anymore

:pimp:

bigbudztoo likes this.
  2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

haven't flown in 30 years. It got too expensive with 4 kids. I went the RC glider route for a few years and had fun with it but it is not the same. Got to fly in a long EZ a few times. Recovery from an accelerated stall was no biggie. The decathlon is too much fun.

3. Green Goblin

I got to fly in a longEZ once, I liked everything except pitch control at speed was too much of a job. but bankin n yankin through desert river beds in it was about the best time I've had 50' off the sand, being from dune-land those experiences typically ended badly, and without a fuselage to accompany my tumbling rag doll of a body :roll:

I may have just happened upon the reason for my feeling so old :pimp:

My dad had a Rans s7 courier, kinda like a superdecathlon. In this one I provided my father with the experience of teaching someone to do lazy power on stalls, while they proceed to flip over faster than you can shit yourself, and spiral swiftly toward terra firma...aren't I a thoughtful son? :roll:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    bigbudztoo likes this.
  4. bigbudztoo

My number one thrill ride was in a T-38 while I was in the Air Force. Stationed at Del Rio, TX ---( 150 miles from anywhere, except Mexico )
    Did an After burner climb to FL450 for starters. Then all kinds of woopty do's out in the practice area. Pilot let me fly it for a bit and I was way behind that bitch. Fun part was streaking along at 350 knots in the desert about 100 agl. That was a ride i will never forget.

Green Goblin likes this.
  5. Green Goblin

That would be a good time :pimp:

My number 1 thrill ride was "fighter pilot for a day" my dad and I got to dogfight, I went blind for a bit, still have the video but no vhs player .good times :bigok:

6. Green Goblin

You ever fly ultralights? I never have but I'm actively searching for a CFI within 200 miles

7. bigbudztoo

nope, never got to try those. Looks like they would be a lot of fun.