Accidental cross seeds

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Justcheckingitout, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I planted these expecting only a few to pop and now i got shit poping like pop corn, then i go to get something out of the cubbard and found about 15 more sprouted. Looks like i am going to be busy. I wonder if i can seperate the ones that sprouted in the soil with out causing to much dammage?

20171112_132741.jpg 20171112_132848.jpg

2. Justcheckingitout

Well i got the sprouts in soil seperated and got in soil cups. It went good. I forgot to add i also got all the sprouts in the cup planted and they have all poped up too. I will post a pick of them all later this week. 20171113_121404.jpg 20171113_121254.jpg 20171113_121124.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    ducrider and bigbudztoo like this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

20171114_110320.jpg Well this isnt all of them, got a tote of more with 6 in it. Some of these pots have more than one seed I still need to srperate more as other pop out. I guess I might as well start breeding also. Lol. I tried with C99 but didnt have enough plants started, now I have a few to play with. So if these are seeds from the first cross, these are F1, correct? (The clones are grapefruit c99 and BB, bruce banner or blueberry by the way) they are about ready to transplant to hempy buckets.

4. Justcheckingitout

Ok, so i got 8 of these females in my "JCIO Back in action grow" in the grow log fourm.

Since they a total accedental cross and I have no Idea how it happened, I got a few qestions.

1. If one strain hermied, could it of caused all the seeds from two different strains?. But if one strain hermied wouldnt that plant of had the white hollow seeds?

2. Would the hermie plant seeds most likley be crap weed? How about the second strain seeds?

5. Justcheckingitout

I forgot to update this, I had pics/grow posted in another fourm but the buds were nice and they were potent. Had kind of a pine taste with berry hints. None of the plants hermie or had seeds. I would rate them 7 out of 10. I definitely learned a few things.

6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Question #1 - A hermie puts out male flowers which WILL spew their 'love powder' all over any and all female flowers they come into contact with. My last indoor grow had one hermie I missed that seeded my entire crop of 8 plants. Sucked balls.

Question #2 - I doubt they will be crap but they will carry that hermie gene for sure. I've grown some excellent smoke from hermie beans but I fought the male flowers constantly...not worth the effort IMO. Some of the plants had more male flowers than others but they ALL had male flowers.

Hope that helped Check.

7. Justcheckingitout

Yeah, thanks for the info...I had cloned the plants but am going to let them go at chop. I am sticking to good old dabney and c99. Cant go wrong with those two. Although my buddy in south fl is giving me some og13 I had sent him a year ago. It's a keeper. Fast veg, flower. Good haul and dank also.

8. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

That sounds like a good plan Check. In all honesty.....I was sitting on a large collection of 'hermie beans' and finally decided to get rid of them and buy myself some decent beans. Couple years back things went South with my in-law's and I ended up 'sowing' hundreds of seeds on their rental property that my wife and I were pretty much ran off of due to lies and manipulation.....long story, but suffice it to say I felt I gave those good ol' hermie seeds ONE last Hoorah! Since my father-in-law abhors 'dope' as he so lovingly calls it.....I felt pretty damn good about hitting two birds with one stone! LMAO! :roll:

But seriously....let them hermie beans go man. They are nothing but headache. That I can say for sure having been there done that. I am finally growing some decent genetics and could not be happier. Now if only my feminized beans don't pop a nut.....my fingers are crossed.