The Disco-Zone!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Discorilla, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

So couldn't you use a PFTE/Teflon coated paper? You'd only be using each paper once.

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I've never played with teflon-coated paper, Disco. Mostly my experience is with teflon-coated fiberglass tape, used to prevent plastic film from sticking when it's heat sealed. With a days use, its surface has a worn look to it. In spite of its slipperiness, Teflon isn't abrasion resistant, at all. I would expect that it wears off at a pretty high rate, initially.

I've also dealt a bit with baked-on teflon coatings on heater plates in vacuum packaging equipment. They look very nice for a little while, but do wear eventually. These coatings are easily scraped off with a knife. I had to use a wooden scraper to clean crud off the coating and even that wore it slowly.

I think it would be a fine application for teflon if smoking the end product wasn't involved.

3. Discorilla

Back to the Grow. I've added 2 new HIGROW-1000s to replace 2 600w HPSs that I have been having heat issues with over the summer. These are made with 5w Bridgelux/Epileds.
    [​IMG]

Here is some White Lotus going under one of them:
    [​IMG]

4. Discorilla

Here's Chernobyl under the same LEDs:
    [​IMG]

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Isnt that chernobyl a ratioactive plant? Lol. J/k (pun from the silocone, teflon post) cool looking plant. Is it a 10 weeker?

Discorilla likes this.
  6. Discorilla

Not sure how long it will go this time, but I'm thinking 9 weeks. This is the first run with her and definitely won't be the last. I'm hitting this one with Green Crack X Alien Kush F2 pollen as soon as I can get her revegged and cloned again.

7. Discorilla

Today I took some photos of the garden which should all be ready for harvest within a week or so!

Bodhi's Joystick pheno 1:
    [​IMG]

Bodhi's Joystick pheno 2:
    [​IMG]

This White Lotus from Bodhi was right next to a Chernobyl that hermied, so it got seeded slightly. It will still be stellar smoke, though:
    [​IMG]

Here's the Chernobyl that didn't Herm, and she is a rainbow:
    [​IMG]

8. Discorilla

Here's some Mendo Dope from TGA that I've been testing. This was from the original batch before they lost them to the fires:
    Mendo Dope.jpg

9. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Sweet nice tight frosty bud -Bud

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Nice looking buds ya got there.

11. Discorilla

Thanks guys!

12. Justcheckingitout

Did they loose a bunch of stuff in the fires? Like warehouse stuff? Really anything lost sucks. Hope everyones ok. I am still trying to get fema to help fix stuff from last two hurricaines. I wonder if they could get help?

13. Discorilla

They lost quite a bit of their genetics, their house, and I can't remember what else. Sub hasn't talked to me for quite some time now, but Ocanabis and I still talk every once in a while. That's how I got the testers. TGA almost completely fell apart after the fires, though.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. Justcheckingitout

Wow, crazy how stuff pans out. Its' time for Disconetics to shine thru in the wake of disaster!

15. Discorilla

It's quite crazy indeed. NorStar is helping them remake a good chunk of it, but most of the stuff will be different than the original releases.

As far as Disco'Netics goes, it will take some time to build up a good strain catalog and get everything tested. I'm not going to sell untested bullshit, so that will take a little bit of time. Disco Time has been getting some great reviews, so hopefully I'll be able to do a limited release in the near future! I've got an insane amount of seeds to run through for fathers and such.

16. Discorilla

AC/DC 20:1 CBD:THC Mom
    ACDC.jpg
    Mendo Dope (TGA)
    Mendo Dope K.jpg
    Pure Gooey (CannaExotics)
    Pure Gooey 3.jpg
    Sweet Pink (Second Generation Genetics)
    SP2w5.jpg
    Poison Toad (Boneyard Seeds Norcal)
    PT.jpg

17. Justcheckingitout

Sweet pink, I like the sound of that. Mendo dope looks pretty sweet also. Poison toad looks pretty frosty.

Discorilla likes this.
  18. Discorilla

Here some of them are a little further along.

Mendo Dope Keeper (TGA):
    MDK.jpg
    Mendo Dope Potential Keeper(TGA):
    MD3.jpg
    Grapestomper:
    GStomper.jpg
    Turk 182 (Boneyard Seeds Norcal):
    T182.jpg
    Sweet Pink(Second Generation Genetics):
    SweetPink.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  19. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

So is the mendo dope your creation ? That’s one pretty flower.

20. Discorilla

Nope this was a tester that I got from Ocanabis of TGA. This was a strain that Sub created himself before the Santa Rosa fires that wiped out their home. I'm one of very few people who got a hold of this strain, and I'm not sure they like the fact that I have it. I had a really great male of it, but I decided it would be best not to F2 this strain. Even if it were for personal use, I felt it would have been a dick move.

Mrgreengenes likes this.