750 watts of LED over 25 sq.ft

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by ducrider, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

19C7BA11-148A-4953-8ED5-B1FB2ED1F6A1.jpeg Girl Scout Cookie she’s as greasy as she’s looks

2. Interesting, can you suggest what's the decent height set up for the lightning?

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Impressive....well done. :bigok:

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

nice chunk buds!

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Lucky dog!

6. ducrider

That’s a good question Freddy. The problem is there no set answer with LED like there is with HID lighting. Much depends on how hard the chips are being driven and if your trying to cover an area with a larger footprint than the fixture. My DYI rack is roughly 48” wide by 56” long and I have it centered over a 60x68” growing area. As long as I keep the lights 24-30” above the canopy I can damn near cover the entire space with sufficient light. Ideally I’d like to add another rack of COBs widen the frame and drop the rack to 20-24” and still cover the whole space.

Duc

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  7. ducrider

0B789342-511A-4F47-AA59-FA6C13389018.jpeg E9DD037E-8694-469E-B4B1-0EC5317F3FE2.jpeg Day two of flower for the next round with the group trimmed up and staked up for the ride. Scattered about are 6 Girl Scout Cookies, a single White queen (middle row second from the left end) 3 Lemonberry II (Thai pheno) and 2 Lemonberry GJ cut (lemon pheno)

8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looking good ducrider.

9. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Your grow room always reminds me of those pit traps you see in the movies with sharpened bamboo shoots sticking out of the ground. :rocker:

10. ducrider

Yeah between hitting my head on an Indus bar & giving myself a concussion and being poked in the eye by a stake the room’s a death trap. :biglaugh:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Mrgreengenes and Herb like this.
  11. ducrider

7F7832DF-8F12-4A9F-A628-2BD3D010C0F7.jpeg Yeah that’d leave a mark

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  12. Justcheckingitout

Yeah those bars are solid for sure.

13. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

I need one of these in my mother in laws porch :chef:

14. Justcheckingitout

:lmao:

15. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

You and me both brother!

16. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Due, you ever come close to taking out an eye while working in the garden?

Herb likes this.
  17. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

LOL...I wondered the same thing myself.

18. ducrider

Actually yes. A few rounds ago I hit my forehead squarely on one trying to squeeze under the light rack .. lesson learned, raise the lights.

19. Justcheckingitout

Have you done any DWC with those bars or the cob lights? Is the grow areas you got 6x6, you got 2 of them? I am thinking I can split the 6x8 Box I got in half with panda film wall and do two 6x4 areas. Soil on one side and Dwc on the other. I need to get off my cheap ass and get a light meter. I remember you had one you suggested but cant remember the name.

20. ducrider

Not me brother. A par meter has been on my wishlist for some time now.