Herbs new day/evening job.

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Herb, May 31, 2018.

1. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I've been doing my own thing for a long time now, and still do, but when a dream job comes your way...you take it.

I live just outside of Yosemite so you can imagine the tourists we get here. Well a young local couple started up a Jeep tours business a few years back and their business has grown by leaps and bounds since. They put out a call for new tour drivers and I answered. I've been driving the back roads of these mountains for going on 25 years and all that time I wasn't getting paid and had to drive my OWN vehicles. Now I get to do what I love and do it in someone else's vehicle. The topper is they actually pay me to do this. I think I may have found my new calling. The tips aren't bad either. :punk: This was my office view last night. A sunset tour to the top of a fire lookout peak.

Signal Peak Tour 05 29 18 010.jpg

Signal Peak Tour 05 29 18 001.jpg

Signal Peak Tour 05 29 18 007.jpg

Signal Peak Tour 05 29 18 006.jpg

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I wanna come for a visit & a tour! We did a couple of jeep tours while out in Moab UT earlier this year and had an absolute hoot.
    Congrats on the new gig.

Herb likes this.
  3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

After hiking up Angels Landing at Zion I think I have to add Yosemite's half dome to my adventure bucket list.

Herb likes this.
  4. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

And making money, too ???? hell ya. Congrats.

Herb likes this.
  5. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Looks like fun, Herb.

Herb likes this.
  6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I took a shuttle driving position at a car dealership. It frees up a lot more time for my family and for growing and I get tips too! Congratulations on your new position my friend!

Herb likes this.
  7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's cool as hell. I applied for a job there once running mule trains into the backwoods to feed and supply people working for the park service in the middle of nowhere. Never did hear back from them. I didn't know shit about horses and mules.

Herb likes this.
  8. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Thanks everyone. I must say it's a pretty cool gig. I'm meeting people from all over. So far I've had people from Manhattan, Palm Springs, West Virginia, Ohio, & Texas. People on vacation are really easy to get along with too. Most of them are in a happy place and in good spirits so that makes my job easier. My first tour out was with an elderly couple from Texas and the gentleman, who was dying of cancer, was checking off an item on his bucket list. He wanted to see the Giant Sequoias and I was able to help him do just that. That made me feel pretty good.

Ducrider...if you are ever in my neck of the woods by all means come on by. We run tours daily from 7:30am till 10pm. There's something for everyone.

http://sierranevadamotorsports.com/

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  9. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Thats living the dream. Also Looks like a few good spots to put a couple plants for when your on a hike and might need a nice sun dried nug...kind of a prepper supply stash thing.:affro:

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

LMAO! Lots of outdoor grows up here in these mountains. Unfortunately it's mostly Mexican drug cartels doing so. Nope....I'll stick to my own space. Too many people in Cali to keep things hidden for long.

11. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Awesome gig for a sasquatch jobs like that only come around once in a lifetime good luck buddy -Bud

12. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Is does kinda fit doesn't it? Funny thing is....this fire lookout was once called Devil's Peak due to a reported bigfoot type creature living in the gorge below. This was a story from back in the late 1800's too. Long before bigfoot was made famous through the Gimlin film. So in a way I guess it was meant to be...I've come home. :roll:

13. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

My office last night.....

SignalPeakSunsetTour 07 05 18 004.jpg

blazerwill420 and bigbudztoo like this.
  14. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

you got a good spot there.

Herb likes this.
  15. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

That is gorgeous.