Herb's new grow...

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Herb, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Someone else I know ran that sweet soma and it was killer stuff. You might want to keep clones. How many seeds did you have or start with?

On the GB. Do you think it could be the pheno or fem seeds. I got 1 of the cherry bombs, I think headcase ran that a few years ago. Afyer all the nanners and problems I had with fem seeds on certain breeders I am going to only buy reg seeds from now on.

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

That top left bud on the GB looks like u might want to poke into it to check for budrot. Could have just been stressed to and got those yellow little leaves wich would also explain the nanners, when my GG#4 gets any stress it will throw out a few nanners.
    Otherwise, looks great, those are some big buds.

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I had 2 beans of the Soma....going to run the other next winter/indoor grow I do.

As for the GB...not sure. I only popped the one seed and have four more to play with still. I guess I'll know more when i run those and see if more hermies pop out. The other fems did really well with no signs of male flowers anywhere. I've been watching them like a hawk too.

Thanks for the spot. I had just addressed that very area last night. Being taller than the rest it was getting pretty close to the 600w lamp. I'm not sure just yet if it's rot or if it just got a touch too hot. I'm leaning towards the latter after I pulled the dead leaf out and it didn't look like it was rot, but keeping an eye on it. I'll keep the stress in mind concerning the GG#4. You could very well be on to something here if it is indeed heat stress. And thanks for the comps too...always feels good to hear from other growers what they see....looking at my own plants I'm tend to be critical to a fault. Always thinking I could have done something different or better in some way. I do appreciate hearing good or bad from other growers. There may be something I'm missing right in front of me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Special Update:

The day has come. You see Reverend Maynard.....today is harvest day, but to her...it is the Holocaust! You see.....these.....are the cries.....of the sticky buds. :roll:

Yep.....scissor hash strikes again! :animbong:

Chocolate Cream....Day 60. She hasn't been chopped yet....letting her spend a day out in the Sun. Seemed a proper way to let a jeweled queen go out with some style and grace having never seen the light of day in her short time with us. Tonight however...she gets the axe. :siskel:

ChocolateCreamDay60A.jpg

ChocolateCreamDay60B.jpg

ChocolateCreamDay60C.jpg

ChocolateCreamDay60DD.jpg

ChocolateCreamDay60E.jpg

5. Justcheckingitout

Oh man the bud picture contest just got the bar set...

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

You are in to some fine smoke, Herb. Now, if you need a second opinion via a taste test........:D

7. Justcheckingitout

I will give a third opinion, thats the best way to tell, bigbudztoo and I are profesional taste testers. :bigok:

8. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I know how ya feel, every time i get done with a round i feel i can do better and am excited to see how changes i make will go on the next round. I am way over critical of my own stuff but i like that i am, if one little thing looks off i i g worried and other people say they look great.
    I agree with the close to the light option, if you pulled one of those little leafs out and it didnt just come off with no resistence at all and didnt have a brown stem where it attaches to the bud then it isnt bud rot.
    Sadly i have lots and lots of experience with rot.

That sun sure brings out the shine in those buds.

9. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Congrats you got some fat looking buds hope they smoke as good as they look-Bud

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I didn't even post the best pictures. Saving those for the contest. I still have 4 more plants to take pics of too.....gonna be a bitch picking the best picture for the contest. :idea:

Brother...if I could give out samples I would. This Chocolate Cream is GREAT smoke. Found a little bud that must have come loose and dried out to the point of being smokable last night. The wife and I split it while out on our Father's day road trip today and all I can say is WOW! Tastes like cocoa and cinnamon and the high is friggin' fabulous! This strain is in my top 10 now for sure. Liking it a lot. It's a very light green, trichome covered treat to be sure. :animbong:

Professionals you say? For some reason I find that to be quite believable. :roll:

Dude.....my gut was telling me 'bud rot' even though my mind was trying to believe otherwise. Cognitive dissonance is a real bitch sometimes. You made the right call Greenjah....twas bud rot after all. Got to looking deeper and I could see the spot getting larger so I harvested the terminal bud and broke it open. Sure as shit there it was. Fortunately I didn't find any other spots and have since cranked up the fan in the grow room. I've had my bouts with rot as well but for some reason wanted to think it was just heat. Ah well...such is life with this hobby. Beats the hell out of mites or mildew however. Good call man.

They most certainly do brother. Damn fine smoke. :rocker:

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Day 63 flower....couple days back. Then there were four.

Flower 06 17 18.jpg

bigbudztoo likes this.
  12. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

And day 65...today. Ak Widow 47 up on the chopping block. Going to harvest the next three girls over the course of the next three days....one chop per day ending on day 68 with the Gorilla Bomb.

AK Widow 47:

AKWidow47Day65A.jpg

AKWidow47Day65C.jpg

AKWidow47Day65E.jpg

AKWidow47Day65D.jpg

Justcheckingitout and HeadCase like this.
  13. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Ak Widow 47 all trimmed up now.

AKWidow47Day65F.jpg

AKWidow47Day65G.jpg

AKWidow47Day65H.jpg

14. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

That AK widow looks nasty good. smoking Banana

15. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Herb I couldn’t be happier for you and this grow my friend. It’s nice to have you back. I’m glad you’re saving the best pictures for the contest. I have a couple of my own. lol

16. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

It's quite good actually. The stone leans towards a sativa 'up' high...very racey with a clear head. The funny thing I noticed was that I would start to think I wasn't stoned and then a moment later think to myself....'damn I'm ripped'! Crazy effect but I like it. Will be a good daytime bud.

I appreciate it Mr.GJ. Feels so good to be back. I love growing like nothing else...few things spark my passion you could say and growing certainly does it. Goes hand in hand with one of my other passions...photography. I hadn't gotten my good camera out for years. You and your excellent photos made me step it up a notch. I enjoy others that both inspire and challenge me to do the best I can. Doesn't matter the outcome really so long as I have fun along the way. I hate being bored. :roll:

So that said....here's the tally on the Chocolate Cream dry weight. 44 grams. Not bad for an 18" tall plant that was put to flower 6 1/2 weeks after popping out of the soil. Looks like she was the lightest of the 5 girls too so that's promising. I was shooting for 2 oz's per plant and just missed the mark with this one. I'm confident the others will weigh in a little better. The good thing is this CC is so potent it doesn't take much. Great flavor too. That was my whole intent with this grow anyway. I wanted great flavor with a punch. So far I'm happy.

Chocolate CreamDried.jpg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  17. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

The Hashchis was next on the chopping block. I just cut her today actually...day 67. She wasn't the prettiest girl in the garden but she really put on some weight at the end. I'm actually impressed with the trike production too. She got quite frosty this past week. I'm glad I waited for her to show what she's made of. Judging from the scissor hash the stone is quite immediate and kicks ya in the head like a mule! The effect didn't last too terribly long though but the stone was quite 'dreamy' and lethargic. Great just before bed kinda smoke or when ya just wanna veggitate and melt into the chair.

She's not going to win any photo contest but that's ok. Like I was told by a mentor years ago. 'There's no such thing as bad pussy...just some's better than others'....kinda like smokin' the herb. :animbong:

HashchisA.jpg

HashchisB.jpg

HashchisC.jpg

HashchisD.jpg

I forgot to take shots after I trimmed and before the chop so this is what ya get. :roll:

HashchisE.jpg

HashchisF.jpg

HashchisG.jpg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  18. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Gorilla Bomb...Day 70:

GorillaBombA.jpg

GorillaBombB.jpg

GorillaBombC.jpg

GorillaBombD.jpg

GorillaBombE.jpg

GorillaBombF.jpg

19. Justcheckingitout

I know that right, just like mj plants, some are bushy goodness and some are stinky. :affro::crying:

20. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

ROFLMAO! :roll:

Dude...that brings back some memories....not good ones either. :confused: