What's up

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Mar 20, 2021.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

What's up with you guys.

How's everyone doing? Good I hope

Discorilla and Mrgreengenes like this.
  2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Hey nippie, how the hell you doing? I have come close to emailing you a shit load of times but of course I didn't. Hope things are going good for you and your family. Good to see you back. It seems like just a couple of us show up now and again.

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Hey Nippie! How have you been?

4. nippie

What's up lvs, feel free to hit me up anytime.

And good disco, how's the breeding? You still baking?

Hell, been crazy busy thru the so called pandemic, but life is going good. Trying to find a mini farm to buy at the moment. Kinda pisses we can't do Florida this year since it's one of the few states wide open and all the beach homes are rented.

But heading down south to our cabin shortly to get some r&r in, try my luck at casting since I never catch shit, or if I do, my wife lands something twice the size.

Been off of social media and forums for a while, figured I'd stop by here to see how things are going.

Discorilla likes this.
  5. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Breeding is going alright, but I may be moving soon, so keeping things manageable until I know where I end up. Still baking at home, but working my way towards more career oriented work since getting the MBA in Finance. Glad to hear you have been doing well! I feel the social media and forums thing. My Disco Facebook was like logging into High School, so I deleted it. This pandemic thing has been kinda rough. I miss concerts.

blazerwill420 and nippie like this.
  6. nippie

Yeah can't do fb anymore, you nailed it with high-school comment. I have my friends whom I joked with on fb, same friends now that have group texts.

Social media is toxic for most part.

Glad to hear things going well, keep baking.

And nice to hear you continuing your education. Knowledge is one thing no one can ever take away and it always gives you options.

Discorilla likes this.
  7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Disco, good for you!! I ditch FB about 10 years ago. It was a disaster then, I can just imagine it now. Baking is awesome as is your education. As long as they don't tell you how to think.
    Now on a different note, I have gotten into streetrods in the last year. My bike riding has dwindled with age so I decided that old hot rods was my new direction. My bad knees don't effect my ability to drive a car where as they killed me on my bike. I haven't given up my bike but the streetrod sure is a lot of fun.

blazerwill420 and nippie like this.
  8. nippie

Hell getting old.

Just seen the eye doc cuz I think getting old. I got into building guns vs buying em, ordered parts and dropped a spring on carpet and no shit spent an hour looking for it.

But what type you into? Building or buying.

Honestly, it sounds lame as fuck, but I want to get into woodworking. Just no room right now and half our shit is packed while we look for house.

But men should have hobbies, I'd say fishing is one of my big ones, but I am seriously the world shittest fisherman. I try, I really do, but fish just laugh at me

blazerwill420 likes this.
  9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Woodworking isn't lame. Couple of years ago i built a full on woodshop in my garage. Actually looking right now for someone with a saw big enough to turn a dead cherry tree in my yard into planks. I was by AB's house a couple of years ago. He also has a woodshop in his garage.

nippie likes this.
  10. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I bought a 1936 Plymouth and have done some work to it and have had some work I wasn't to sure of doing myself.
    I love fishing. There was a time about 25 years ago or so that I used to fish a couple times a week. My wife wants to get a bass boat.
    Woodworking is fun and a great hobby. I haven't done it in years. Blaze, they sell different systems to make your own planks. Some use a type of band saw and some use chainsaws.
    Into guns too. Finally got my wife to get involved and she's loving shooting.

nippie and blazerwill420 like this.
  11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey Nippie, I have no complaints at this time. I have a Lotta big things going on right now. Im the head grower for a cannabis farm in Maine.
    I am looking for a house and looking to start my own company with two other friends in Maine. I’ll go into much more detail in the very near future.

HeadCase, Lvstickybud and nippie like this.
  12. nippie

Nothing says old white guy like woodworking lol. But that sounds like a fun project, you going to do a table? I pulled some 100+ year old timbers out of a lake a few years back, but still sitting garage. I cant decide what to do with it. They are massive, and got huge nails in them that I want to keep to give character, but at same time I don't want someone to get caught on a nail.

I just refinished our dining room table and it was oddly satisfying. My wife asked how many times are you going to stain then sand it, lol, but its almost like glass at this point.

That's badass, I never really went car route. The wife does want to buy an old mustang as a project car though, that or a truck.....she loves old school trucks and said she doesn't care if it's driven once a year, but she wants one.

But guns, I taught her to shoot and she's better than me on most days and loves to rub it in. I've just been buying parts off palmettostatearmory.com and a few others and building now. It's like adult Legos lol. And a damn expensive hobby, but I figure if new admin gets there way they'll be worth their weight in gold.

Yeah, I new about your position. So 8 guess you like it up there if you buying a home. And congrats in advance on that and new company.

How's market up there? Any money to be made or just enough to keep you satisfied?

I know I've told you before, start those classes unless you already did. It's funny I read some of my industry news letters and mags and about 1/4 is about pot now and the fed regs they want to push thru. One of my guys just went thru pcqi training and came to me and said, man there was a bunch of marijuan questions on there, lol.

13. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

14. nippie

Bad ass, I like that blue

15. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I've built a table, a clock, a picture frame and several boxes. This is the father in law. The daughter in law drew it and i framed it in mahogany inlaid with black walnut.
    IMG_20180927_100039.jpg

nippie and Lvstickybud like this.
  16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice frame. He looks like Walter Cronkite!!

HeadCase and blazerwill420 like this.
  17. nippie

Nice frame and nice drawing.

I still struggle with angles, I don't know why because I can do math lol, but never seem to be tight.

Maybe I need to buy better equipment

18. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I've found that as far as angles go...the better your equipment, the tighter the angles.

nippie likes this.
  19. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

So where has Justcheckingitout been? He seemed to be keeping this place going along with blazer for quite awhile and now that more people are posting, he's gone.

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

The blue is alright. I could live with that but I don't like the grey/silver and there's a mural on the back that will be disappearing soon. (I hope)