Long time no chat!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by CREATIVE GARDENER, Apr 10, 2021.

1. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

What's up folks, long time no chat!! Big changes in CGs world and I'm sure there's been a few changes here as well. Hope to hear a couple of "welcome backs". Getting ready to fire things back up and looking forward to maybe showing off some big tops. Holler back!!!
    Be Cool, CG

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

3. CREATIVE GARDENER

Is it just Me or is this place just this side of dead?? I can remember when it was hopping!! New grows, lots of pics of big sticky buds. Guess everybody is getting old like me. Going legal here in Virginia and lots of friends want help on grow rooms. So I guess I'll dust the old LEDs off and get back into things. Man do I miss it!!!
    Be Cool, CG

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  4. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Welcome back CG. I think a lot of us have switched to various social media platforms, so there is definitely less people than there used to be.

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

What's up Disco? Weren't you into breeding some of your own shit? Going legal here soon so I'm looking to help some friends get started with some strains with solid genetics and good yields. Nothing really exotic, just some short flower time Indica dominant strains. Something suitable for newbies to get their feet into the water. Any good ideas???
    Be Cool, CG

6. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Not much here. Just working myself crazy. I've been working on pollination projects so that I can begin the selection process once my grow expands. It's breeding, but not professionally yet. For a shorter flowering indica, I'd be leaning towards God Bud or GB crosses. I've been into Jordan of the Islands pretty heavily the past couple years, and everything has impressed me so far.

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

So looking for fast flowering? I was running a Barney's Farm Red Dragon and it is done at about 50-55 days of 12/12. It is very tasty. Easy to grow, nothing special needed. I did a few runs under a 600 hps and she was nice. I did her the last time under LED and she was so sticky that using a grinder is useless. She just balls up and clogs the grinder. Scissors work but chopping for bongs leaves a little to be desired that way. It ended up being like smoking hash balls. I know I've run quite a few that end fast but I usually run them for 9-10 weeks anyways. Useful Bag of Oranges is another one that can be done in 53-56 days. I have a Trainwreck going that is also done at 8 weeks. I know their are a number of strains that are done in less than 8 weeks but you will have to search them out, I can't remember any others at this moment.
    .....and, yes, this place was dying a slow death. JCIO and Blazer were the only ones posting for a long time but a few of us are straggling back and now are trying to keep it alive.

8. CREATIVE GARDENER

Thanks folks, strains have changed so much. I haven't grown for almost 2 years. Was waiting for legality to come around, not like the old Big Bud, 8-ball kush and AK days when life was simpler. Water, nutes and keep an eye on the PH and temps and everybody was happy. But then I think it's just human nature to let our minds over complicate things!
    Be Cool, CG

9. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Welcome back. I just found the 3 phenos of my new cross that I will be running outside this summer.

Lvstickybud likes this.
  10. CREATIVE GARDENER

Cool, hope they do well. Man, outdoors is a different world. I haven't grown outside forever. Between the animals and the damn bud mold it just was depressing sometimes. BUT, the ones that did well, did WELL !!! There's no substitute for real sunshine at all but I just had more control of things growing indoors. Would love to see some pics of them later!
    Be Cool, CG

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I forgot to put that Discorilla was also posting here and there. Those three were like Motel 6, they were keeping the lights on.

12. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I still check in now and then.

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I just made it back in after a year of a shut down. I said f it and going to fire up a gtow..lol.

P.s. welcome back CC. Good to see ya back...even thou this post is alittle old now...lol