AK48

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by nippie, Oct 25, 2013.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1-Strain:>AK48

#2-Appearance:>Spearlike Buds, very hairy which takes away from the frostyness imho

#3-Taste:>Very very smooth, even with a short cure

#4-Aroma:>Earthy

#5-High/Stone type:>Cerebral, couch lock if you smoke a few to many

#6-Source:>Nirvana

#7-Price:>$37.27

#8-Potency:>7

#9-Overall Rating:>7.5

#10-Overall Description:>Very good weight production, just under 15 oz off 4 plants under 600 with 1 month of veg from seed. Most grow spearlike buds, one pheno had more rounded super dense buds. A bit hairy in my opinion only because it seems to cover some of the trichs

#11-Would you Recommend:>Yes, mainly due to the weight this plant can produce. I'm sure future runs will be even heavier

#12-Smokers General Comments:> Great smoke for an older crowd. Reminds people that grew up in the 70-80's of the great smoke back then (it's bag appeal). I think the potency could be a bit better, but it does the trick. Easy plant to grow

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I would love to try growing this one sometime! I've picked this up in the dispensaries in the past, and it seemed like one that would be enjoyable to have around.

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I still CLEARLY remember my first session of AK48!! 3-4yrs later

When i grew it a few years back i hnestly never had any expectations cos it was a cheap £10 bag of Nirvana seeds and sometimes with Nirvana the strains are hit and miss. But the AK48 was without doubt a hit/ I was honestly pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I can distinctly remeber right now as i type this how i was sitting with UrBigBuddie and we were watching a film caled Bronson (bout a UK guy,true story) and i remember not having a clue what was oging on in the film cos i was trying to focus when really i was blzaed and confused. I was glad to know i wasnt the only one. That must have been 3 or 4 years ago now so it just shows you how good the AK48 was that i still clearly remember how mashed i was when i first smoked it. Nippie you do know that in interests of sincereity and honesty iv got to sample some of the weed form each strain report to verify people arent just bigging up a strain..... You got my Address yeah?:razz3:

Nice review BTW:passit:

4. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Im glad to hear good reports. just put 5 fem ak's and 5 white rhino in a moist paper towel ;)

5. nippie

Good weight for sure, just wish it wasnt as hairy, but some folks love the hairiness

I'm sure you'll be happy and CC raves about the rhino

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Lot's of hairy'ness is Natural Bush....:roffl:

Just wondering have you grown the AK-47 and how do you think it compares as far as better or not??? I was thinking of getting some 48 beans, the 47 was def a big hit on my second round of growing it. I had got the cherry pheno and it was great.

7. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Well then seeds are now almost 4 weeks into flower. Strange plants they are!

They dont seem to like getting to close to the light. well not even that close. The top buds have no hairs on them at all. They are just little very dense nuggets. The white rhino are exactly the same height and have no ill effects at all.

The rest of the ak plants from the top bud down are fine and looking good. but 4 out of the five top colas are fucked!

8. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I always had good luck with my AK47, dunno if its the 48s fault tho....

In other news tho, the Rhino is 100% badass

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Yeah yeah heard it all before.

Do a thread! :roffl:

10. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

on?

11. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

What I meant was "I wanna see pics of that!" :coolbounce:

I'm sure you've already done a thread er two….

12. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Im at week 5 with ak48 and White Rhino and at the minute i can happily say the ak has nothing on the rhino. The ak is finishing quick, but its scarred of the lights!

13. nippie

decent buds yet?

14. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Very nice nippie, and nice bag appeal too. :thumbs-up:

15. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

the buds look fine they are just a little on the small side.

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I've grown the Ak48 for a while now and really have been happy overall. I've only grown it and White Widow indoors. I'll flower both in the same room and I've found the Ak is a much taller plant and needs a bit of work to keep the height in check next to the stocker White Widow. It takes a little longer to mature but I love the weight output.

Be Cool, CG

17. choker

choker HIDING OUT

My thoughts exactly. That's all I would grow. I am done trying different strains.

18. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I think I may need to make a correction. I was looking for the seeds I had left and found the packages and I was almost positive that I'd ordered AK 48 and White Widow. The packs said Ak48 which matches the pics and descriptions but the other said ALPHA 13. Man, it's been over 5 years so could the ALPHA 13 actually be a strain of White Widow. It's a much shorter stocky plant with thick dense buds unlike the AK.

Be Cool, CG

19. nippie

AK aint bad, but I have had better, it's a solid producer if that's what you are looking for. No complaints there, just the smell and taste wasn't in demand if that makes sense.

At the end of the day it depends on what you are looking for, if for head stash I would pass on but for other avenues it would be good to have around.

Nirvana is pretty decent with all their strains, they may be the wal mart of seeds (low prices limited choice) but they have a solid track record in my garden.

Fruity and frosty win the day in my part of the world, I've even seen people bitch about herijuana around here (until they smoked it).