Drying

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by therooster, Mar 16, 2006.

1. therooster

therooster New Sprout

I plan on using the paperbag method of drying. How many buds would one add to a single lunch style bag? Can you overload the bag?

Has anyone tried using dessicants (like the ones that come in the pockets of your clothes or shoe box) to help keep moisture down inside the paper bag? Would cutting small slits to allow air in be a good idea as well?

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey rooster, when I dry with bags I put enough in the bag to cover the bottom, a layer deep, that away it drys evenly and faster. Stir the buds with your hand every day gently to aid in the drying process. If you put to much in the bag the bud does not get enough air, so it takes longer to dry and has more of a risk of mold becoming a problem.

Those little packs your talking about using for drying, I would say no. I don't think the material in them was made to be inhaled, some of the material in the packs is ground so small amounts of it pass through the bag. I don't think you want to smoke that.

You can cut slits in the bag to speed drying but keep the bags in the dark. Later