GK Update

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by ResinRubber, Mar 5, 2016.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

For you stoners who have missed the Announcement header; GrowKind will be updating.

Growkind will be down for updates Monday, March 7, beginning at 9pm PST. Traffic will temporarily be redirected to a page explaining what is going on.

We're updating to vbulletin 5. The site will look different but it will be fully responsive and work on any device.

- Photo albums are now integrated into the user's profile, we won't be using the gallery plugin any longer. We're not sure what exactly will happen to all the existing galleries. It may be that we have to have everyone move their galleries to the new system. It may also be possible that the old galleries could exist in a "read only" way somewhere on a new url like galleries.growkind.com or something. Similar to how older members access their old GK galleries now.

- Ads - will probably be integrating a few areas of the page dedicated to showing ads, we will try to keep them as unobtrusive as possible. This is unfortunately a result of rising costs.

- Mobile! yes the forum will finally be mobile friendly

- Secure - We will be updating several security protocols to ensure our members continue to have a safe forum.

- Blogs - If everything loads correctly, we're hoping each member can have their own blog to document grows or whatever they want.

If there are any questions feel free to ask a GK moderator or MrGreenjeans via pm.

Here's to a new look for GrowKind, thank you Webby, much appreciated. Cheers,

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:coolbounce: :redbong:

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Well it's about time. Good luck with that.

4. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Here is hoping it all rolls out smoothly. Thanks, Webby.

:thumbsup:

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Is this going to be user friendly? :kidding:

Will be cool to see what pops up next time I log in.

6. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

We're growing up, I'm getting all misty eyed over here lol.

That's awesome man. Hopefully it's all for the better, i still can't find all my pics from when they got consolidated a couple years ago. I guess I'll see y'all on a new and improved G K in a couple of hours.

7. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

:coolbounce:

8. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I took care of it AB.

9. Mrgreengenes

Tere is a delay, working out some bugs. sorry guys. :redbong:

10. Justcheckingitout

Its working pretty good now, just running around trying new things. My pictures are showing in post, not sure how to get to picture albums or get my avatar up yet.

11. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

you'll find all your albums in your personal profile under the media tab.

12. Justcheckingitout

I found the albums, tried to upload pics to post to test and nether the cancle or continue tabs worked after selecting pics? Just checking it out, I am sure there is still stuff being working out. Its looking cool thou!!!

13. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I'm lost.....

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

And I'll see you this Duc....

15. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

OH sweet Jesus....gotta learn the site all over lol. As for it being "now" mobile friendly I've used only a phone since I joined. It took a while to figure out how to post links and pics- apple and android both did it diff- but after enough cussing and threatening I usually asked a mod for help lol. I like the new look.....but I don't like how the forums are listed now. I preferred the full web version layout but....I was just comfortable. Looks good guys.

16. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

However it is a new brand so the old decays. WTF do you do to compete in the land of VB-Generic now mofos ?

Back-room VIP shit? Looking dead to me so far.

Offering a vid to clarify my mood.

17. Mrgreengenes

Unfortunately we all need to learn the new site and learn to be comfortable with it. Don't sound so negative GT.

18. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

Nah nah nah nah .. LOLO>O>OLOLO)LOPO !!!!

Beyond the nearsigheted locomotion..

What If I said I been around over a decade...

Just a friendly kick in the ass here. I am not paid so don't expect me to Sheppard you.

You all do not be so stupid. New day new ways.

Been here done more than most. It's time to think outside the box.

19. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Well yea we know who you are but that does not matter if your banned.:bduh:

20. Justcheckingitout

Is there still bugs not worked out yet? I still have issues on a couple things.

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_04/image.jpg.fe6f2e85196ac76e272385e6a88801d7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2016