Greejahs ganjah concentrates

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by greenjah, Oct 23, 2018.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Well now that i have strated the switch to hydro i have time to do concentrates.
    I forgot to take pics of the extractor, i have pics of them on here somewhere but it is completely reconfigured to an inline at the moment and in a week and a half when i get back from vacation i will have more new parts and will reconfigure again. So i will wait till then and take pics of the rebuild process.

The system originally had a dewax collomn wich i no longer use. I decided to just do winterizing because when i get the distillate/fractioning unit i have to winterize first even if i dewax so whats the point in dewaxing.
    My first supplies arived today, this is a buchner funnel and flask for vacuum filtering, the media is diatomaceous earth and activated carbon.
    The carbon is only to clean up oil that has excess chlorophyll making it dark because carbon will remove some cannabinoids hurting the yield but the price difference of black oil to much lighter oil is huge so its worth it.
    The diatomaceous earth is the midia i will always use. I just put filter paper on the funnel filter layer and then 3/8" of DE on top, then hook the vacuum to the barb on the funnel and poor some RO water in. This packs the DE into a filter layer and removes any DE that will go through the filter paper.
    Then i leave the vacuum running for a few hours or until the DE is dry.
    Then with the bottom flask empty and dry with the vacuum on i poor in my winterized BHO and it filters very quickly.
    Thats todays new toy, the extractor parts should b here tomorrow but i probably wont update again until im back from key west.

Attached Files:

2. greenjah

Looks like i gotta do the picture the long way to get it to show right on the thread, sorry about that. I will do it the other way from now on.

3. greenjah

Im gaving a little problem with the winterizing alread.
    I purged it most of the way in a double boiler and then put it in the vac oven at 100f. After a while it quit boiling so i put on the vac again, (i think it goes to 15 micron) it then continued to boil so i fully vacuumed it and left.
    Started doin some reading and a few places and charts say that at that vacuum the delta-9 thc boils off so i figured it may be done since any tiny bit less then full vac it quit boiling.
    Anyway it is more like a thick honey, not solid at all. I do plan on putting it in the vac oven at a lower vacuum at 90 for a couple days but thought i would ask your thoughts on the matter so i dont dont waist to much doing experoments.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

The hotter your oven the soupyer the outcome. If you want hard shatter do 85f.

5. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

6. greenjah

Yes, thank you that was it, looks like i have to re add the pic though.
    Im about to take off from ft lauderdale to key west though so i will be adding more pics in a week when im sober again.

7. greenjah

Ok i am back from vacation and getting into this.
    Here is the machine how i set it up after deciding to remove dewax, nitrogen assist, and added a reclaim pump to make it active and added an injection coil and condensing coil.
    (I no longer have a pic of the original system)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is taken apart ready for adding tge new stuff. The main part is the bowl on the right wich is replacing the splatter platter on the left.
    [​IMG]

Here is the new bowl/splatter platter.
    [​IMG]

This is how the new setup is, i can now purge the butane and just open the valve on the bottom to put it in whatever container or pad i am using, depending on what im making.
    It goes to a jar if i am winterizing and onto a pad or silicon pan for unwinterized shatter.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my alchohol evaporator i made yesterday, works great. It evaporated 1000 ml of alcohol in 10 hrs or less.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gg#4 on the left, lsd on the right.
    I winterized in 99.9% iso alcohol and then filtered with celite 545 wich is diatomaceous earth in a vacuum filer system.
    Now remember how great this looks for the next part.
    [​IMG]

I was at the farm till 11pm doing the filtering so it would dry while i slept and when i went in this morning expecting some nice smooth very clear shatter this is what i found.
    It is very runny and the white stuff is big bubbles that seem to be filled with water.
    There is no alcohol smell what so ever.
    Im guessing it is moisture absorbed by the alcohol while drying. My room conditions are 70°f and 35 to 40% humidity.
    Last time i did the winterizing a couple weeks ago i dried it in a 120° or less double boiler with a fan and this did not happen but when it was done it never got to shatter even after a vacuum purge.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So my question is how do i get winterized bho back to shatter instead of this foggy runny crap with big white bubbles.
    Luckly this batch is going into vape cartridges so all the water evaporates while decarbing it but i would like to be able to get it back to shatter also.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

it looks like when you separated the gunk from winterizing that you didn't get all of it or you're getting water in your vac process somehow.

9. greenjah

It boiled off durring decarbing, actually kinda scared me cause even when all the white bubbles were gone it was foggy, i thought i may have ruined it.
    I just kept decarbing and it cleared up well before the decarb was done.
    Lsd on the right glue on the left.
    Its pretty dark but is not foggy, the picture just makes it look a solid color.[​IMG]

If anyone has any suggestions about this stuff feel free, im doing this all on my own experomenting so there is probably better ways of doing it. I see some around that is not distalate and is still nice light blond, other then having lighter oil in the first place i dont know how they do it without decarbing to thin it out.