NYC Diesel.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by jr215, Aug 13, 2011.

1. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I planted it in a 5 gallon bucket and it's almost up to my wall. I tried to hide it between a couple fruit trees. I think I'm going to have to bury the bucket if it gets much taller. My tangerine loves the nutrient run off. It's just starting to flower up.Still has more than a month to go. I think I'm sticking to kush outside next year.

osnyc.jpg

/monthly_2011_08/osnyc.jpg.e0c53fb74b721f55c39d0468ffe78d1d.jpg

2. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

just LST

Bend it over...tie er down and she will reward you.

3. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

do both

Put it in the ground then tie it back for max:thumbs-up: imum yield

4. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I always thought tieing it down was for security so it wouldn't be so tall. You said maximum yield. Is it like a scrog? These plants hardly have any leaves on them. I had one in my tent last year that gave me the largest cola ever. Seems like the fan leaves don't really block out much of the light since there aren't that many of them. I was going to dig a deep hole and drop the bucket in it to shorted the thing. Can I replant while its in flower?

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Listen to these guys. Bend and tie. Easier and more effective.

6. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

take a wire coat hanger, make it into a giant V and jam it in the ground with the top inside the V

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

If you have a garden store close to you, easiest thing in the world is get a "sod staple" done it many times and its easy and you don't have to worry about cutting you coat hanger, wither way will work.

edit.. don't force it! if stem is really rigid it may take a day or two to get it over.

8. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I wound up bending the tall branches and tying them to the bucket itself. The next day (yesterday) I went out to babysit and found that it had already turned up to the sun and it looks like it grew a couple more inches. Cannibis is an incredible plant. No wonder why it's used for so much more than medicine. The flowers on it look like they're going to be huge. The smell isn't too over powering yet, but it's there. I'm hoping that my orange tree will cover up some of the smell. There are still flowers on it that are pretty fragrant.

9. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Shhhhhhhit! The BEST BEST BEST weed I EVER smoked was in central Florida...and was grown in the orange groves...it tasted like a sweet tangerine cuz of all the composted oranges over the years....Id plant em closer the the tree next year:passsit: :thumbs-up:

10. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Stealth against my orange tree. Starting to flower up nicely. I tied down the taller branches and they turned right up towards the sun by the next day. I wish I had a quarter of the strength and tenacity of these plants!

nyod1.jpg

nyod2.jpg

/monthly_2011_08/nyod1.jpg.ae2211d898b4066d2ea5407b8223e959.jpg

/monthly_2011_08/nyod2.jpg.c1e846e9bfaafe77cac1beec0349185e.jpg

11. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

She's budding up really fast this week. Almost MOAB time! I've never used MOAB outdoors. Anyone know if you use if any differently? I'm going to cut the nutrients to 1/3 while I add it then flush for a couple weeks.

nvcdo3.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/nvcdo3.jpg.7476e2d1200af9966cdb7becc4ca3381.jpg

12. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

looks great :thumbs-up:

13. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

You could probably go a little heavy with it as outdoor is a lot more forgiving (but for sure cut back the other nutrients when and if you do). I am going to go a little heavy with my KoolBloom when I hit week five. Enjoy your smoke!

14. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Another week goes by! First morning light. This is the week of MOAB. Its like being 9 years old and knowing your parents got you the GI Joe with the king fu grip and you can't have it til Christmas.

nvcdo3.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/nvcdo3.jpg.57045d7a6a7f7d00be6405426d667183.jpg

15. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Sorry. This is the right pic! Need my coffee:passsit:

nyco3.jpg

/monthly_2011_09/nyco3.jpg.e0cf041af7f923c8f595bbdc6e96b775.jpg

rasganjah and Bigbud214 like this.
  16. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

looks good

17. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

beautiful! :thumbsup:

18. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

jr

looking very awesome man Id love to have a place for an outdoor grow

19. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Thanks. It's between two fruit trees and some other shrubs so it blends in pretty well. I'm hoping for at least a qp. This strain is a pretty heavy yielder. I was expecting more but I'll take whatever it wants to give me!

20. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Good looking plant brother. We should get together and drink a beer sometime, or go have a slice at the pizza place! Call me and we'll plan it. :thumbs-up: :passsit: