So GTD????

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by skunky, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

this is to the mods, but you guys didn't ban him permanently did you? Ah guess it doesn't matter too much if he wants to come back he will under a different name i guess.

GTD i guess you gotta just do what i did when i got tired of proving plastik wrong on numerous things, like lst providing a pathway for water that feels less force from gravity!? BS! but anyway i'm not going to start that back up if you want to check it out search for the why lst and hydro is the way to go, and be prepared for a lot of reading! But your just going to have to give your .02 and hope the people out there on the other end are able to sift through the merky waters and find salvation in the hands of the experienced but either way its not our grows so if they want to take whatever advice that is layed before them no matter how stupid then its their fault for not doing proper research and being able to weed out the bullshit. Anyway GTD sad to see ya go my bro but i'm sure this isn't the last of ya. mods gotta do there job so you shouldn't take it to personal which i doubt you are probably just upset that your nemesis is still here lerking. Ha i think you and donny dislike that guy more than anyone!

2. Diablo2

Diablo2 Lord of Destruction

He should have taken the hint & stopped posting those useless threads flaming that other member... Even if his info is full of crap!

Danny is an excellent grower... He really knows his shit... But, he should have spent more time working on his people skills & stop giving the mods such a hard time.

3. bubblegump

bubblegump Latae Sententiae Excommunication

The banning of GTD is complete BS.....ya got the wrong one fellas.....plastik is a top notch prick....and ya went and banned one of the most experienced guys here for pointing out his prickiness, backed up with facts.... great job.....

:pottytrain1:

4. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

The consensus of the moderators was to ban greenthumbdanny permanantly. For continuous personal attacks against other members, after being repeatedly asked to tone it down, and after numerous threads required moderation.

I chose to only give him a month off... Hopeing that he can come back with a better perspective on things. I cannot guarantee that his ban won't be extended to a permanant status, by another mod, or the administrator.

I do not like having to ban senior, long time members... Especially those that know their shit... Greenthumbdanny definately knows his shit.

However, he was asked, repeatedly, to put certain members on ignore. He did not. He continued to make inflamatory posts after being asked not to. What else are we supposed to do?

User Conduct Policy

Use of Growkind.com is limited to adults, so there is a certain expectation that everyone will conduct themselves like adults. We ask everyone (including Staff) to conduct themselves in a civilized manner toward other Users while using Growkind.com. Excessive offensive posts, and threads that are created to be offensive to other users will not be tolerated in any way, this includes racial slurs.

Our Moderation Policy favors our users input and encourages the use of the Report Bad Post Feature. This can be accessed by clicking red and white icon at the top right of each post. Your report is never visible for other members to view and helps us determine when a thread or post requires intervention.

We will strive to remain a site for our users, moderated when our users request it, but we always reserve the right to remove offensive, abusive or racist posts and threads, without user demand and within the terms of the TOU.

5. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

even if this "other member's" info is complete crap he is NOT personally attacking other members. he is not flaming or trolling. He is not calling people childish names. he's not following members around the forums trashing them. He did not start entire threads for the sole purpose of flaming. That is ALL stuff that Greenthumbdanny was doing.

if you don't like a member's advice don't take it. you can politely point out bad info or even report it so it can be handled APPROPRIATELY

You do not have to start entire threads for no other reason than troll somebody. which is what GTD did. we removed the thread and he posted it agin in spite of the moderators and administrators.

then, he created 2 more accounts so that when he got banned he'd still be able to come back and troll even more. looks to me like he knew he would get banned if he continued. and he continued.

i didn't see any other action that could be taken bubblegump.

as moderators/admin we have to look at things on a different, less personal, level and do what has to be done for the civility of the site.

if people, that are supposed to be adults, cannot interact in a civil manner with people that are different or have different opinions/methods something has to be done.

6. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I chose to only give him a month off... Hopeing that he can come back with a better perspective on things. I cannot guarantee that his ban won't be extended to a permanant status, by another mod, or the administrator.

i admire that snick thank you......

danny well fuck i dont know what to say. man im gunna miss u bro. i prey they let you back dood. danny was one of the most expierenced growers here and i believe that even if he flamed ppl who DESERVED it....i think he had some right to prove the jackass wrong. and he did a pretty good job....

but i totally understand what the mods did, i too told danny to tone it down and ...well...:5headache:

7. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

just so the members here know, this is NOT the first time that greenthumbdanny has been asked to tone it down.

he has been banned before for very similar actions. why am i telling you this? well, the mods/admin take a lot of shit for whatever they do. half of the people always disagree so it's a no win situation for the mods/admin.

I just wanted the general members to know that we do not like banning peeople. especially people tha we "enjoy", such as GTD. I also agree that GTD is on hell of a grower. that is obvious. that doesn't take away from the fact that he furthers drama on the boards when all he had to do is hit ignore.

Just wanted to point out that matters such as this are not taken lightly. they are discussed over by mods and admin and then the action tha WE deemed appropriate is taken.

I also think that snick should be commended for his restraint. given GTD past actions we had every right to ban him permanently. Snick knows GTD can be an asset if he WANTS to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.