Talk About "Luck of the Irish"!!!!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mermaid, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Well can't post too much info as for security reason's ....BUT my parents are now millionare's and then some!!! Mum just won over 2.5 million....yeahhh GO Mum & Dad! :D

I am so happy for my parents as they are retired but worked their ass off their entire life. Most of you who know me well ...well know my dad has not been healthy and has had heart issues for years now. I am so happy that I cried tears of joy as now they can live it up.....good karma is what I am talking. My dad has always been my hero....not materialistic and has given so much to everyone who has come into his life and he always makes a difference in this ohhh so cold world we live in. When ya hear the saying "give the shirt off your back"...well that does NOT even come close to how giving he is to everyone. Anywhos.....my family will be going to Ireland to celebrate with our family over there very soon. You only live once & since poor dad has been on borrowed time which I swear he has 9 lives of a cat...hehhe...anywhos he can now HOPEFULLY have more time to enjoy all this. My parents will be married 45 yrs this July .....they are still in love & adorable as hell.
    This is just amazing....I am still in utter shock!! I think what makes it so SWEET is that my brother's and I were raised that money does NOT buy happiness....firm believer of that too. We were spoiled with ONLY love growing up.....my parents taught us to work hard and be kind to other's. So ya see.....good things do happen to good ppl. The cutest part was when my father looked at my mum and said "this is just too much money for 2 people hon"....then said we better do good deeds with this money or we will be cursed. Being a left over hippie ....all this $$$ has actually made him quite worried only due to the fact he thinks that money is the root of all evil & yep it can be when in the wrong hands. My mum and he just want to live normal life...a simple one that has kept them as strong as they are. Growing up ....we never knew we were poor when I was little.....never! My parents who were childhood sweetheart's.....were middle class blue collared hard working ppl who had NOTHING when they first married! They worked so hard to give us kids a GREAT life....everything they did was for us and like I said with as little as we had we were so rich in love that hell going to the mall when I was a child was like going to DisneyLand....prolly why I believed in Santa so long as I thought there is NO way my parents could afford all these toys/ LOL
    Anywhos...just wanted to share this with my GK family. Like I said we are still all in shock .....it feels like it is a dream yanno? Anywhos....my irish family will be celebrating for weeks and months to come. What I am happy for most is that unlike some greedy or selfish ppl....I KNOW my father and mum will do something amazing with it.....they believe in helping out other's at all times...especially my dad. I just KNOW there will be children who have little with a smile on their face. Like me.....he loves kids & he always said if he ever came into money>>>he would make sure ALL the children in our area who are homeless will never have to worry where they will lay thier head at night...or especially where their next meal was coming from. Like I said...all about karma & this is why he is and will always been my hero.

Peace~Mermaid :animbong:

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

3. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

well, well, well....so happy for your family mermaid.

i just want to point out 1 thing though. a lot of people say that, "money is the root of evil." that's not true. it's the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. there is a HUGE difference. that doesn't sound like the case here........congrats to your family.

4. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

:punk:Sounds like they deserved some good karma!

I'm happy for them!

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

That Is SOOOOOOO Awesome!!

I'm so happy for your Pops & Mommy!!!

Congratulations!!

I sure hope all the relatives and 'extended relatives' don't start crawling out of the woodwork now and start asking your folks for money....the awful, greedy kind of second cousins twice removed, that believe THEY somehow deserve to share in the family fortune!!!!

Hey Sis!!! Can I borrow $10,000 bucks??!! :laughing5:

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Aint Karma Great....

CONGRATS:animbong:..... in fact you've just reminded me to go check out my lottery tickets results from last night!Maybe im a millionare aswell:eek:Peace:smokin:

7. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Congrats to your parents, Mermaid!!

WOW!!

That is some grreat news, Mermaid!! Ka-ching!! :wav:

You never mentioned if it was the lottery or not.

When the lotto first started in my home state, I got 5 out of 6 numbers, and the total riches I received was just under $2000.... 6 out of 6 would've brought me $6,000,000.

The way I look at it is, I will probably never be that close again, :5headache:

but I still play.

Main reason to play the lottery:

You CAN'T win if you don't play!!:punk:

8. saxby

saxby I Smell Pot

:) I am happy for you and your parents, nice to hear of good people catching a break.

9. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Euro lottery is big bucks

Yea you gotta be in it to win it!:punk: I do a European wide lottery and the winnings are obscene,i never miss buying my tickets.I remember a guy didnt put his numbers on for ONE week and they came up!He committed suicide because of it[​IMG]

10. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

I love you Mermaid will you marry me?

11. Diablo2

Diablo2 Lord of Destruction

Back off Randy!!!!! She's MINE!!!

:qright7: :qleft7: :new_snipersmilie: :XXbazooka: :qleft1: :violent1: :new_microwave:

LOL J/K

Sweet deal Jersey!!! :punk:

12. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Glad hear some one worthy won! :punk: Congrats Mermaid!

I played the "MegaMillions" last week when the prize was up to around $350 Million. Did not even get one number right. :5headache:

13. Randy High

Yeah but she wants someone she can talk to and who understands her not one who is only Horney all the time.

Nice Horns BTW

14. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

LOL @ yall....hahha too funny!

Anywhos ty ty to my GK family for the kind words. Mr Douglas..your right>>can't win if you never play. ;)

GeoKitty...hhaha your so right girl! We had a few long lost cousins callin today who we have not heard from in ages. But my dad being the big softy told my one cousin (who btw has some substance issues) that when they get the money>>he will buy her a gift card for the grocery store to buy food for the kids & a gift card to get them some clothes. He may be a kind hearted man but NO dummy...lol He knows if she was handed cash>>>it would go right up her nose. This way she HAS to spend it on the children yanno?

Alien.....I played that lotto too>>>only got the power ball..haha

She won on a Progressive Jackpot >>not the lotto. :D

15. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Thats awesome! Is it horrible that the first thing I thought of is hey you get to inherit it! Don't have too many siblings do ya?

Anyways, for real i'm not THAT greedy of a person. Congrats for your parents!

16. Randy High

It is a sweet thing.

The only wisdom is to use this power of change wisely.

It is a tool... Gift card... Smart move..

I'm sure y'all know to see a adviser right?

If I understand things right there are tax issues to deal with. But I don't know! I've never been instantly rich...

What a trip Mermaid.

17. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

the lotto....

Ah well im not gonna be a millionare this week ppl,only got 2 numbers on one line and one on the other:5masked: ...Bastardo!Theree always next week!

18. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Thanks guys :D

Sorry AP ya didnt win....keep on thinking positive and you may one day! :D

Get a irish wishing stone<

Canna...yep have brother's and love them with all my heart. I dont care about all that money stuff>>>does not buy love! ;)

Hugs!~Mermaid :animbong:

19. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

LOL... It may not buy love... But just think of the grow room you could have!!! :laughing5: :punk: :laughing5:

20. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Congrats on your newfound fortune!

Mermaid:wink:~i KNOW ppl who have and have had substance mis-use probs and let me sadly assure you that even with vouchers/gift cards,if someone is desperate for money,etc then they will get it...

...iv SEEN ppl in supermarkets walking round the tills asking if you wanna swap their gift voucher for cash,sadly if someone desperately NEEDS some shit then PLZ believe me..they WILL get it[​IMG]... now a detox would be money better spent:sign13: