Just a li'l pondering...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by snickelfritz, Oct 20, 2007.

1. greybush79

greybush79 I-Y-Q-Y-Q-R_!!

2 cents

I must say that this was a good thread as others have said. It lends one's own stonedum to take them off to crazy and/or deep thoughts.

Good stuff. . .

2. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Stars are born & stars die every day somewhere in this vast, endless void we call a universe...

Whether or not there is some form of "higher power", I wouldn't know... If there is, it has absolutely nothing to do with any religious belief system we have here. Perhaps the universe itself is a living creature of some kind... A sort of vast consciousness that we, as we are now, could never begin to comprehend more than a small fraction of what it's all about...

I do believe that we are not alone in the universe. With all of the stars & planets within our own galaxy that we call the Milky Way, there has to be someone else out there...

Then, there are the trillions of other galaxies, each with trillions of stars & planets of their own... To say there is no other life anywhere else would be mathmatically impossible, and ignorant. I would imagine that there are races of sentient beings out there whose abilities, knowlege, and understanding of the universe far exceed anything the human race could ever comprehend, and others that haven't learned to walk upright or communicate with each other...

The human race is nothing but dust in the stellar winds... Occupying this tiny, insignificant planet we call Earth, for the brief time we are given... And the brief time this planet will exist orbiting our sun, which will someday die itself, then be reborn billions or trillions of years later... A never ending cycle of life & death spanning the ages... Our existance is but a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things...

Just ONE planet among countless trillions of other worlds...

I wish I had the means to travel to those worlds out there just to know for myself. What does it all mean...

3. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...I know...I know...

...it means my GrowKind tastes funny...

DC

...I guess I could be pretty piss'd off about what happened to me...

...But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world...

...Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once...

...And it's too much...

...My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...

...And then I remember to relax...

...And stop trying to hold on to it...

...And then it flows through me like rain...

...And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...

...You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure...

...But don't worry...

...You will someday...

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

See snick thats why me and you are stargate fans..

Shit snick that was almost poetic..... and sooo true! Damn what id give to walk through some wormhole or some shit.Send me in a catapulted rocket to the milky way,find myself a planet full of herb smokers a planet where the majority share the wealth not the miniority...we prolly cant even comprehend what kind of beings and worls there are out there...

Just to clarify Snick,i know full well that an aetheist is a non believer in a God or organised religion,etc... but what do Aetheists make of the narrative of things like Jesus,Buddha, and other ppl that are revered by many.Like the whole Jesus thing was only 2 millenia away so surely the things he did and said were accurately recroded,etc...just a(GENUINE) curiosity to me,like how do we account for things like that:ponder: Its one of them subjects i think im gonna have to read up on cos a reply post wont do it justice,lol,any good links snick.Cheers:potleaf:

5. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Word AP ^^^

I love the way Snick described it.....always loved star gazing and Sci Fi shows or movies. Heck I still wanna live like the Jetson's! :D

Anywhos....AP I too went to church growing up and also took my lil one's and was even a Sunday School Teacher (as I didnt trust others with my kids) ;)

The thing that ALWAYS puzzled me was the debate about dinosaurs.....if ya think about it. The church will tell you Adam and Eve were first....actually it was Apes (as I believe we evolved from them) and Dinosaurs. There is proof all over they walked this earth w with fossils and bones.

Lots of mixed messages...lots of this and that. I do believe there has to be some higher form ....just now sure what. For all I know my leader is the sun or moon. ;)

I would love to fly to outter space....that is my dream! :D

Peace~mermaid

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I could talk all night bout shit like this..

I always just thought that dinosaurs were never mentioned in the BIBLE as they were irrelevant to the book as the BIBLE is not a book per se but supposed to be a collection of accurate ,ancient religious events with the odd narative here and there...

Maybe Dinosaurs werent CRUCIAL to the accounts recorded and the purpose of them.Im sure there are many many many things in the BIBLE that have not been mentioned at all that we all know to be true but for whatever reason they aint in it.:stop: REMEMBER the vatican has taken many plain and prescious parts out of the bible for reasns only they know like the lost book of enoch and others.As for the ape thing...Hmm not to sure,i mean Darwins theory is being disproved all the time...by SCIENCE of all things,lol!Peace:jj:

7. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Religion is funny....They say the oldest profession is prostitution. I agree, but like to lump religious leaders in with the harlots. All the oldest recorded mythologies stem from the same Sumerian texts (who are also the first recorded society that we know created and consumed beer). The Old Testament is simply a mix of old religion and societal rules. They couldn't eat shell fish because unless you were the one to catch it, it would probably be fucking swarming with disease once it got to you. You shouldn't "lie with another man as you would with a woman," because they were concerned with reproduction and our races survival, not because they were homophobic...that shit has been going on forever and always will.

The New Testament? Jesus said fuck the Old Testament, so why the hell are the fundamentalist still holding on to that?

There have been counsels of the Vatican leaders since before the middle ages to decide what books were to be in the Bible....they based their shit off of credibility and whether or not it said anything acceptable to the church leaders of the times.

I've said before, I do not doubt there is a "god," but until I sit down and write out the book, I can't even began to tell you what I mean by that.

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Good point! Jesus's mere arrival FULFILLED he o/testament 4evr,the NEW T is the one

Yeah i hear ya LION( BTW its really weird responding to one of your posts at the same time as we are chatting on yahoo messenger:rofl:).... you touched a very valid,IMO,point there bout Jesus more or less telling everyone to forget the old testament....ppl dont understand or they havent read or interpreted the old testament properly if they dont understand this cos if you read all the revelations given to the prophets through the ages especially Isaiah and Moses and all the other writings then you will UNDERSTAND that Jesus arrival upon this earth was the FULLFILMANT of ALL the old testament prophecies that had been made

The jewish ppl,IMHO just didnt recognise what was staring them in the face althogh juding by the size of jews who converted to christianity back then and started the organisation that was the church jesus built ...(that i may add was hi jacked by the empire of the romans in a cyncial plot/ploy to still hold all power in europe:angry: )...he WAS and IS the messiah that the jewish ppl denied although more and more jews from what im reading online are apparently now coming round to the idea that Jesus just may be the mesiah that had been foretold of afterall....

IMHO if i was a scholar back in them days when Jesus was around id have recognised ALL the forewarnings and signs,its amazing the rabbis didnt se it and even when Jesus performed miracles in front of them they still refused him as their righrful KIng and Saviour as Jesus IS the head of the Israelites,they ARE his chosen ppl afterall thats another things ppl forget,even though they got him killed he still loves them as brethern and acording to the bible cures all who plot against his ppl... christians become part of the Israelites cos by believing oin Jesus you are brought into his tribe,thats why christians are sepersted and called the gentiles in the bible cos JESUS WAS A REVOLUTIONARY believe it or not!!

The stuff jesus preched was called blasphemous and acccused him of startng what we would call a revolution...all i can say to that is...if Jesus started a revotution then its GOTTA be thee biggest coup of all time cos christianty is the fastest growing religion in the world.Cheers:potleaf:

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I agree...I believe we are a hybrid cross between a primate here on Earth and life forms from 'out there' somewhere. Thus the reason we have not found the 'missing link'. There is no missing link to be found. In effect...we are genetically engineered aliens. :alienwink:

10. snickelfritz

I just think folks need to smoke more weed & chill out.

A lot of the threads lately have been a total

:buzzkill:

11. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

You ever go on godlikeproductions forum???

Your posting style looks familiar....

12. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

ur high ass

13. stickyicky24

stickyicky24 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Great post Snick I too find myself thinking things like that all the time. The problem with me is once I start thinking I get far too deep into it and it sort of takes over all my thoughts for a while. I have to take a step back and realize we're probably 100's of years away from making advances that will allow us to make it to these other planets in search of life. Makes me wish I were an astronaut or that I was so incredibly wealthy I could afford to take a ride on Richard Branson's spacecraft/airplane because I would give anything to take a peak at Earth from way above and feel life with no gravity. If only I could:fly:

14. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Ive always thought that if i were dying from some terminal illness, id love to be launched into outerspace in a little one man pod with enough food and drink to stay alive for a month or so. Just fire me off in any direction and ill go where i go.

Snick.....you and i would make for some great mushroom conversation. Our avatars are a sign of similar tastes in the way we ponder our existence.

15. snickelfritz

LOL...

I was sooooo ripped when I started this thread...

16. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

True, dat.

If anyone is truly optimistic enough to even imagine a "future" for the Human Race, several events must occur, first.

Firt---we gotta get the numbers down to something reasonable. Say, 5-6 billion. This will require either a few nukes OR a pandemic, quick killing disease.

In the event of either of these two population thinners, much of society as we know it will crumble. We CAN come back from a pandemic. It would suck while it was happenning, sure, but once the dust settles and half the people are still alive, those people could pretty quickly get the ball rolling again, with lots more breathing room. I think that's the BEST case scenario.

Coming back from a severe nuking will take longer. But...whatever it is those left alive come bact TO will be substantially different than life Today.

Consider that old fashioned text-on-paper BOOKS will survive, but everything in Cyberspace dissapears if, say, the electric grids blink out and stay out. One generation of kids growing up without school or somebody teaching them to read those old text-on-paper books produces a latgly illiterate society whose own children are TWO generations from being able to read. In two short generations, ZIP! We're back to the Middle Ages. No electricity, few can read and science is just a word. A world rife for the return to superstition and fear of the Dark.

This thing we call "Civilization" is pretty fragile. it depends on things staying pretty much as they are....but things CANT stay as they are if we are to survive.

I think it's reasonable to say that the Future of Mankind is much more likely to go backwards than foreward. In otder for there to BE a "hundred years from now", some devastating shit is gonna have to occur. That devastating shit will color how that future will be....and it may very well look a whole lot like our Past.

The few people who can read will be the gods, LOL. They alone will be privy to the information in all those old, musty libraries and as Keepers of the Wisdom, I expect they'll be damn careful about who gets what information, lest they lose their new-found power. Imagine if only one person out of 100 could read, how powerful that One would be. Now, maybe that One would be a benevolent, loving person who would quickly set up schools and start teaching folks how to read, so they too could become powerful. Share the power, in other words. But really, how likely is that? Who wants to share their wealth and give it to others? SOME, yes. MOST, nope. Power is more addictive than crack and knowledge is power.

Dix

17. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Goddammit. My cat just walked across my desk and somehow deleted about 30 minutes of my response. She's jumped onto the windowsill and has NO idea she just dissapeared my entire cosmology, here, LOL.

Which really IS pretty funny.

sigh. Fuck it. I aint going to even try to get it back.

Let me just say, I DO know exactly what you mean. And, if The Fomorian were here, he would know exactly what you mean, too.

Dixie

18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Snick! What's up old man? Stayin safe and ready I hope.

Deep stoned shit you dug up there. If humankind survives a million years we have no more way of comprehending what it will be than Australopithecus would have of stepping on an airplane or faces appearing on flat surfaces and talking to them.

19. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I love reading this stuff.

Sometimes I get deep. I think most smokers do. Bottom line, tho...

I think mankind can survive anything as long as we have charity.

Snick: If I remember right your atheist, but I think these words have meaning.

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Yeah, I get deep, too.

peace

G_B

20. snickelfritz

I hope that the human race can survive. But, with all of our stupid wars of greed, or over religious differences, I doubt we will. Our entire history is one war after another. Death and destruction, followed by more death and destruction, with new and better ways to kill each other. :Bduh: Will we ever learn from our past? And, if we do learn, will it be too late? :Danger: