vaporizers

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by SMARMY, Mar 5, 2008.

1. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

So at 32 I don't feel old but the lungs sometimes do. I've been thinking about gettin a vaporizer for the house. Now the last time that I tried one it was the oldschool BC vaporizer, it was kinda cheap looking and the herb lost all it's taste. They have a bunch of new ones now . some kinda pricey . what should I be looking for in a vaporizer. any suggestions

"The Master" likes this.
  2. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

volcano is the caddilac of vapos

3. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

You should for sure stay away from those BC's. You want something thats got digital temperature control and doesn't use a active fan blowing over the element. You would be better off with one that you have to pull air past by hitting. Like this one. http://www.gotvape.com/store/easy-vape-digital-vaporizer.php really no need for the volcano unless you plan on smoking a few people out all the time when you use it.

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I just got to see the new version of the Vapor Bros. vaporizer with the new ceramic element...I must say...it's nice. If you're seriously looking for a good vap then I recomend this model.

That said....why not support Webby and this wonderful forum of ours by shopping at the VaporWarehouse That just so happens to be his online store and vaps are right up his alley. I'm sure they'd be willing to answer all your questions about vaps. :ebert:

5. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I have used many vapors and have never really found any I liked. I just didnt like the taste. The best one I used was the Vapor Brothers one. Its a wooden box with a heating element at the end then you connect a "whip" or tube with glass piece to it and suck. Ive used a volcano, roommate had one, they are nice put a process to use and are 500 bills.

Vapor Brothers!

http://www.vaporbrothers.com/

6. CaptKush

CaptKush Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

HA didnt read above post!

Well theres your second

7. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Have they changed that much????

I tried one,... Ohhhh, let's say 5 years ago, was not impressed AT ALL:icon_confused: .....I guess I "get off" on the smoke rolling out of my lungs, lol....and it seemed that I never got that "satisfaction"....:suave:

Have they really improved that much, or is that the point, no smoke....?:confused:

I just LOVE:love4: the tasy aftersmoke, if it's really good, I dont' cough at all....:suave:

8. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

Have they changed that much????

I tried one,... Ohhhh, let's say 5 years ago, was not impressed AT ALL:icon_confused: .....I guess I "get off" on the smoke rolling out of my lungs, lol....and it seemed that I never got that "satisfaction"....:suave:

Have they really improved that much, or is that the point, no smoke....?:confused:

I just LOVE:love4: the tasy aftersmoke, if it's really good, I dont' cough at all....:suave:

sorry @ the double post, I have shit-for-brains computer, lol....:scream:

Mods, delete this one if you wanna..... :)

9. Homemade Lovin'

Homemade Lovin' Underground Grower

I use one like skunky showed but it is not a digital. I got it for the same reason my lungs feel old and used. It is just the wooden box with a ceramic element and a dial. I just used it a few times to found out where to turn the dial then marked it for future use. I LOVE IT!! It was 100 bucks at a head shop rite around the corner. Works great and the taste of the buds is great through it.

10. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

yea a bigreason i like smoking weed as opposed to eating it or vapo, is the taste, it tastes and smells lovely, absolutley amazing, if they had a cologne or room spray that didnt involve burning, well i wouldnt necessarily buy it, id just rather burn a spliff, but it would be a good smellin room haha.

11. skunky

Not sure guess it's just my oppinion but mj taste soo much better through a vape than anything else. the smell is different and you don't exhale huge clouds but you get high on a different level and it tastes soo good!

12. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

take this post as you will, since i do sell the vaporbrothers, but there is a reason that i ONLY sell the vapor brothers, when the other suppliers are begging me to carry theirs.

i started selling vaps back in 2000 and have seen every model available. i never sold the BC cause basically it sucks and always has. the volcano is indeed the caddilac of vaps if you can afford the price, however i am not sure if it has a ceramic heating element, which is very important if you are concerned about health.

beware however. i just returned from a trade show to see if there were any other vaps i wanted to carry and the answer was basically no. i have sold the vapir, the vapor doc, the vapor warez, vapie, etc, etc. i dropped them all for the vaporbrothers. i meet with the owners a couple times a year and they are some of the coolest, most down to earth people you have ever met. they have one goal: to produce a vaporizer that works and produces no toxic vapors. they spent 2 years developing their latest ceramic heating element and had it fully tested to make sure it was safe. everything inside the vaporizer from the wood, to the electronics, the glues and finish are designed with your safety in mind. there are knockoffs and cheaper versions but you might as well make an aluminum foil pipe and smoke if you are gonna use those.

13. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

Wow! Webby, I'm honored that you would take the time to answer my thread. I will be ordering the vaporbro's very soon.

My only question is what's the diffrence with the handsfree model?Thanks

14. skunky

$170 is really a good fair price for the vapor bros! Hit it up and enjoy!

15. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

This thread is a real cool one as I've been wondering the exact same question myself.

My kids are getting older, and when the Wife sneaks downstairs for a spliff, the kids SMELL IT ON HER!!!!:icon_confused: they think its smokes, but we need to adjust her deal, and I was just thinking about this stuff, when you posted the thread, nice!

I remember TRYING to use a crappy knock off when they first hit the scene, and I was GLAD I didn't pay for that turd.

Thanks for bringing up a great topic, and thanks to all who had awesome input!

16. skunky

yea guess you are refering to the crap BC vaps that just used soldering irons to heat a metal bowl, kinda looks like a gumball dispenser. A vape will for sure cut down on the odor. Depending on the bud you are using it will range from a planty like vegetable smell to a more sweet flora smell. Not near soo pungent. Good also if you have assshole neighbors who might call the cops on you just for catching a wiff.

Also don't burn it too much if you are overheating the buds in the vape you will get like a smell like steamed broccolli and sometimes can even get a taste somewhat like popcorn, those are two things you don't want. If you experience that turn the heat down abit. The buds should come back out looking basically like ground tobbacco.

17. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

HA HA HA HA!!!! yeah, I bought it for our relative that lived out in the country, as he saw it, and wanted it. We went and picked it up for him, and I called and asked if we could, "test," it and yes, it looked like a soldering iron, and it also looked like a fire hazard, and it didn't work for shit :qbluewacko:

I'm receptive of the input on "todays," vapes :smokin:

18. skunky

Yea the vapor bros and a lot of them sport ceramic elements and they are a million times better. I have one like a vapor bros and I love it, it isn't the actually vapor bros(like I should have bought) but it works good, and the vapir air one i have works good, but it has some crazy like quartz element and just blows hot air through the herb disc. You could also just get a vapor bowl for your bong and go pick up a digital het gun from walmart they have them near the paint supplies for like $40. Those are more trickyt to use because you gotta get your distance right and you gotta get used to not making the bowl cherry up and burn.

19. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

the only difference is that with the hands free model the whip fits over the heating element and will stay on the unit, thus allowing you to put the whip on and then take your draw with 1 hand. the two main times it really comes into play in my opinion are 1. if you are disabled or have a problem using one or both hands or 2. are using one of the hydrators or H2O adapters to filter the vapor through a water device. in my opinion once you get it down (takes a couple sessions) you don't really need the water filtration, the vapor for me is never hot. some people swear by it tho. matter of personal preference is all.

20. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Well, I'm not going to kiss webby's feet, but I am NOT doubting that the system in question is worth having, so, I will get one for the wifey, who's been blowing spliffs and our kiddies are smelling it.

If I sound a TAD salty? it's because I work for the federal government, get randomed, but that is a different issue from mrs. Master.

I've never been wronged by a GK approved vendor, so I will take webby's advice on this, as well as the words of the others. I'm getting one for Mrs. Master!!!!!

All I get? Is Valium I brought home from offshore, ( And 100 X vitamins !!!)as well as my myco-culture adventures, but that's off topic.

Let me thank all those, who've chimed in on this; I was JUST thinking on this issue, and this very thread was manna from heaven. Word!!!!