GH 3 part - Useless' formula

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Useless, May 30, 2009.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

OK, I figured I would post this here, since some folks are asking about the GH 3 part.
    This is my feed schedule -

Here is the nutrient regimen I use and how I control PH with little or no ph up or down...

So OK - feeding schedule week by week. This is the GH weekly feeding program, slightly tweaked. I will only call out the volume of each part per gallon of water in the following manner: grow, micro, bloom, ppm range. Example - 5-2.5-2.5-400/800 would mean 5 ml grow, 2.5 ml micro, 2.5 ml bloom and a ppm of 400-880. Remember it's per gallon. You Euro's can easily convert to liters. 4 liters is just a little bit over 1 gallon. It should also be noted that I use the hardwater micro due to my tapwater. I suggest using the hardwater micro in place of the regular micro if your tap water is over 200 ppm total or you have over 70 ppm Ca. RO water users should use the regular micro.
    Veg -
    week 1 5-2.5-2.5-400/600
    week 2 10-5-3- 600/800
    week 3 12-6-3 800/1000 (continue week 3 formula if additional veg time is required.)

Bloom
    week 1 6-6-10- 800/1200
    week 2 3-7-12 - 1000/1400
    week 3 3-8-14 - 1000/1400
    week 4 3-8-16 - 1000/1400
    week 5 (discussed in detail below*)
    week 6 0-7-20 - 1000/1400
    week 7 0-6-20 (see bleow**)
    * During week 5 if not using a booster like Superbud, Bushmaster Kabloom etc. run 2.5-7-18. I use MOAB (Mother of All Blooms) or BushMaster at 50% of recommended strength, and use 1.25-3.5-9 for the fert base.
    **If running an 8 week strain you should only run the ferts during week 7 for a maximum of 3-4 days. This gives you 10 days for flushing. I should note that if I use ferts for a few days in week 7, I take the lants over the 8 week mark. Personally I flush for a min of 14 days. But 10 is bare minimum imo/ime.

The ppms work out almost exactly. I tend to lean toward the lower side of the range, unless I have a really heavy feeder that I know can handle it.

At every ressy change out I add in 5 drops per gallon of 35% food grade H2O2. During flush use ph adjusted water at 5.5-6.0
    I will add epsom salt at week 1 of bloom if the plants are heavy feeders AND I see signs of an Mg def. Otherwise I won't use it. The only time I have ever had Mg def is during transition. The GH 3 part is a little low on Mg, but the PBP and Canna nutes are way lower.

Now- how to control your PH...
    There are a couple factors that cause your PH to drift. The most common is running the nute solution too strong or too weak. If it's too strong, your PH drops. If it's too weak the PH rises. You have to find the balance point. If you find that the formula above is say, a little strong, and say you have a 20 gallon ressy, mix the nutes for 18 gallons. If it's a little weak, mix it for 22 gallons. You follow?
    The other common mistake is mixing your nutrient solution and trying to adjust the PH right away. You have to allow time for the ph buffers in the nutrient solution to do their job. Mix the nutes up, and bubble or circulate for 12 hours before even looking at your PH. You will find the PH to be almost right on target.
    I use little or no ph adjusters. (Except during flush). I use tap water, with a starting PPM of 300-400 and a starting PH of 7.4-9.0 (Thats crazy you say! The water is too hard, you will never get stable PH and you will have too much Ca, causing a lockout of Mg!) Bollocks I say.
    Every week, on Friday I drain the ressy and fill with plain water. I let that run overnight giving the plants a little flush. This also allows the chlorine and ammonia to evap. On Saturday morning, I mix the nutes into the ressy. I DO NOT adjust ph at this time. Let that run as is overnight. On Sunday morning, I check ph and adjust if needed. Usually don't have to.
    Doing things this way has saved me from constant PH drifts, and using about 150 ml of ph down every ressy change, and a little here and there throughout the week to keep it in the desired range. Now, the most I ever have to use is about 30 ml.if any at all. (I have a 35 gallon ressy btw) My Ph stays at a constant 5.5-5.8.

If you are still having PH issues using the above method, an alternative is to PH adjust the plain water to 5.5 BEFORE you add nutes.

Well, that's how I do it. Bring on any questions, happy to answer them for you.
    Cheers and good growing to everyone.

2. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Could you add the bloom booster right from the beginning to end or week five to end or just week five?

3. Useless

KaBloom, Kool Bloom, MOAB, Bushmaster *(see note on BM) Phosphoload etc should only be used during week 5 on an 8 week strain.

(BM can be used at the start of flower to totally stop any vertical stretch)

Some other bloom enhancers like hydroplex or b'cuzz pk13/14 (not the other pk13/14) should be used throughout the flower cycle.

4. getnit

getnit Germinated

Thank You!

Useless, I just want to give you a million thanks for your GH 3 part formula. I was having such a bad:roulette: time dialing in the right amounts and now I'm in the flower stage with all going wonderful. You're A-1 in my book.

5. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

whoa..........I wish I wasn't so lazy....but my GH 3 part formula is:

During veg: a little of this, a little less of that, and a little bit less of that.

Transition: equal amounts of everything (little bit).

Flower: Very little of this, a little more of that, and a good amount of that!

Grow is this, micro is that and bloom is that.

6. Useless

LMAO @ CG.

Try getting off your (rather sexy) stoner ass and use the formula I posted. You wont regret it. Blows away GH's basic 3-2-1/1-2-3 rule. :thumbsup:

7. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

It works, to the T.

Here my 1st hydro run with Nirvanas White Rhino, using Useless's Sched, down under, my first time with this schedual.

[​IMG]

2nd round half way

[​IMG]

and to be honest, Id say my grows have been of the lesser quality grows that I have seen with this formula. With good water the values all come out right.

It rocks..

8. Useless

NO. Every nutrient has a different concentration of minerals. This formula is for GH 3 part ONLY.

BTW, you aren't using the AN "properly". You can get way better results following their feed schedule vs. just using 5ml or 15ml of each.

Plus, that shit is super expensive. The cost per crop is much higher than GH, and if you use all their additives and extra's the price is just ridiculous.

9. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Ive been using GH 3 part nutes since I started growing using Useless's formula and I can concur it works like a charm. With that said of course you probably already know that each strain is different and you might have to alter the mix according. For instance Im growing Nirvanas AK48 and it doesnt like alot of nitrogen so I have to be careful not to burn them. For the price of the GH nutes you cant go wrong in my book. Just dont follow the on bottle instructions. Use the formula Useless uses and you cant go wrong! Peace

10. Skydivr

Skydivr Germinating

Maybe a dumb question..., but where do you get GH 3 part? Is it strickly an online fert or is it carried in some stores?

11. mickfoster

mickfoster New Sprout

The only places I've found it is either on-line or local hydro shops.

12. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Hydro shops will have it. If you don't have one near you online isn't a bad choice.

The actual products are General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Flora Bloom, and Flora Micro.

13. Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy Germinating

GH 3-part

Hey Guys,Good infor on the gH 3-parts,I use them and like it alot.There right about AN nutr,they cost to much for what they are and all the aadditives the cost is to high for me.The only thing I have been adding to the mix is a carbo,{sweet}.If you are wanting charts for the GH 3-part go to Http://www.hydroponics.net. Click on the learning center and you will see alot of charts.Go to the flora nutrient weekly feeding program.Put the gallons of your res in and click it give you a 10 week feeding program.Good infor on the feeding by using more or less gallons in the mix.I have been use it for about 3 years now.It cost alot less then more nutr and dose me a great job too.Here's some pixs of my grow with it.You se it works just fine,cuase you can addjust it all the way through the grow.Here's some pixs. Peace What's up with this site I posted pixs and they dont show?

14. greennugz

greennugz Established Healthy Roots

most excellent write up Useless, thanks for sharing the infoz!

Quick question about the feeding schedule tho: from when a little seedling sprouts until it reaches week 1 of veg, how long is that period? and how would I know when exactly to start feeding them week 1 nutes of veg?

this is probably pretty easy stuff for some of you folks, but i'm still learning and i'm a believer in no question is a silly question myself.

thanks in advance and keep smokin'! :passit:

15. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

That would depend on what your medium is. If its hempy, I usually start feeding at about day 7-10 from the time they break ground. Look at the cotyledons, when they start to yellow its time to start feeding. Just be careful at first. Dont give a full strength week 1 mix, start at 1/4 strength of the week 1 mix and work your way up. Peace

16. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

the MAD SCintest

Useless,knows his shit:smile: ...EXELENT brake down Use...very very nice:passit: ...when om done veggn my OG KUSH n Bubba KUSH...i prolly guna need u help...these are picky MOFO's/LOL Bud3

17. Useless

Which OGKush and which Bubba K cuts?

In general, lots of N and MG. They eat those like no other. Especially the OGKush. Lots of N and Mg during transition is needed to keep em totally healthy. Top the shit out of both of them to make bushes. That way you can get some yield. They are slow veggers, especially the BK. So a few extra weeks of veg is needed.

I saw ytou like the Platinum OG. Really? Cause I think it sucks. Not a good representat6ion of OG at all.

18. Budweiser 3

hhhhhmmmm

gotcha on the og nutes!!!!..thanks bro....the platinum i got i did not grow..it came from the sorce...it is DANK as hell...lotta coppys out there:icon_scratch: ...all thought the PURE KUSH...is of the wall the BOMB..very potent...and the purple SD is right up there witm...just my opinion ....ohhhhh the cuts er from n Cali..a med strain ..OG KUSH.N Pure Kush..N Bubba kush...is all i no! Bud3

19. Useless

If you post some pics and descriptions of smell and flavor, I might be able to help you ID which cuts they are....

20. Budweiser 3

ok gimmee a bit buddy

..ok the smell..like lighterfluid/karoscene..sickly dank smell...gotta download pics from ph ta pc ...om a bit rusty...LOL..they are the bomb though best i ever could even imagen..they tell me the queen is from very old school hindu kush.!...thanks fer the hand:passit: Bud3