Ever feel like your being watched?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by AverageJoe, Jul 9, 2009.

1. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I really don't worry about being busted from posting on the internet. As has been stated already, it's really not cost effective for LEO (whatever agency you wish to mention) to try to track down small-time growers who grow for personal use. Most of those cases would just be a fine and you would be sent home (in California, anyway.... the jails are too crowded).

The only cases that I've heard about some one getting caught was were where the person posted pictures of themselves with their plants and their faces clearly shown. Somebody recoconized them and passed that info to their local law enforcement. Police will act on that because there is some one making a complaint AND they know who it is (address and all). Easy bust!

Stories like that make the news because of the stupidity of the poster.

Just don't post pictures of you and your plants together. Somebody you pissed off might turn you in.

2. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

Ive never really been worried, though i feel i am probably at higher risk than you guys in the states because afterall, im the only kiwi on the site and if the nz poilice decided to do anything im the only target here.

3. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

If a GK member goes down that shit spreads like wildfire! If LEO is with us watching what the hell is he waiting for? Day after day we log on and here we still all are! I do wonder about the people who just vanish... :icon_scratch: Soon this grow will be over for me and I am done with this shit. Going to grow just enough to keep myself under the misdemeanor line so even if I do get caught LEO can write me my ticket and get the fuck out of my house!

:new_321: LEO-

4. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

See, I would fully expect that these web forum programs have back doors built into them, and with the right key you can get in and collect data and not have any restrictions whatsoever. Full Admin, or more, access to any and all info including personal information without anybody knowing they were even there. We assume the :snorting: would be a fellow member always trying to bait us for evidence. What a waste of time that would be :rolleyes:

5. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

in today`s world i just figure that someone is watching and ya know what i dont care.:passit:

6. Ginsberg

Ginsberg Developed Alternating Nodes

A different perspective...

You're being watched all right: and to a degree unimaginable to the resources of all law enforcement agencies. It's called 'data mining' where your profile can be assembled to to an amazing degree of accuracy. Legal, political, financial, personal; it's mind blowing.

I just finished reading "The "Eighth Window" by Jeffery Deaver. It's a fictionalized crime story but but the story line of data mining (with a few artistic liberties I'm sure) is largely factual. Deaver provides the reference material he used in assembling his construct of the data mining industry. Utterly fascinating stuff. I'm not sure if it's frightening but it's certainly a natural and unavoidable evolution of a computer based society.

Your anonimity is gone. Gone baby gone.

7. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

The government doesnt have enough employees to watch everyone... It might get logged into a computer somewhere but by the time anyone would get to it would be years from now.... Data Mining for targeting advertising is another deal though

8. Ginsberg

I didn't clarify: Marketing is what it's all about. Wal-Mart is one of the big players. A large percentage of data comes from various government agencies. But the data clearing houses will sell to anybody. And they reduce, condense and codify according to client needs. It's really kind of an alchemy when you think about it

9. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Huh Just noticed your location....You guys get pounded by rain in the am? I did but the crops needed it.

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

We'ed tell them anything they want to know & show pictures .Plus if they act like a chick we would probally meet them some where-Bud

11. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Ever since I switched auto insurance....

[​IMG]

stickyicky24 likes this.
  12. Ginsberg

Pretty heavy but not long enough; barely 1/2 inch. Western Lake Co.

13. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Where I live if I go any farther north Id be swimming and if i went east I would be in PA.

14. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

phuggin LOLOLOLOLZZZZZ

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You trying to tell us something Joe?:smokin:

16. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

Actually the nervous center of the governments "cyber taskforce" is in Ft. Meade maryland. Yeah bud it's in your backyard. That's where the green team resides. The NSA who is at the forefront of electronic monitoring of all sorts picks the top Marines under the 1081 MOS which is Signals and Intelligence. The top of each 1081 class get's the option to go to ft meade as a duty station. This is the real deal shit the elevator goes down so going to the 7th floor is down 7 stories. ALL INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS SIFTED THROUGH HERE. They sift every bit of info on the net. It's constantly working on a hot words list. The program name is Words it will rip through 3mb encrypt in about 8 secs.It is contstantly searching for keywords. We're talking as much computing power as every home computer in this country put together. This group of machines which include servers as well as actual computing terminals is the dragonslayer or the internet you cannot hide from it. The only way to keep your server secure from this beast is to not connect it to the internet. If they want it they can take it and you will not know. How do i know? I know a guy that knows a guy that knows some stuff.

Ever watch the Bourne ultimatum? In the beginning the reporter is on his cellphone with his boss talking about a Project Blackbriar and in the US at a CIA op center a red flag popped up on a computer screen and said what group of words had been used by what cell # and where the call originated and who was on the other end. This is no stretch this actually happens. When this happens they start going through your past. Checking your citizenship your taxes your bank statements your passport. Where have you been? have you received any large cash sums? Been traveling anywhere interesting? If they see anything then they will put a team on you. They don't bust down your door you won't even know they are there. Like in the movie Enemy of State they will plant "bugs" on you giving realtime audio and sometimes video as well as a GPS location. The initial contact is to steal your garbage. You can tell a lot by what ppl throw away. Also if you use a credit card or ATM card at the grocery store everything you bought can be looked up without an operative leaving the office.

Will something like this ever happen to you? No not likely not unless you been hangin with the wrong crowd.

I know this is way off base from the original thread but it's such a wild subject. Even knowing all this goes on 24-7 i sleep very well at night...DSP

17. AverageJoe

Actually Steel, you are right in line with my vision of this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Now we just need to come up with an all inclusive list of words you should never type, or say on the phone.

18. WiZaRD

WiZaRD Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I haven't read the entire post, but yes sometimes I have strong feelings I'm being watched. Well, let me rephrase that, I feel that they are on a trail that is not much of a priority with me being the end point or directly related to that point. I have not evidence to support, but I'm shutting down none the less as soon as I chop. I will restart when I move, and have the closest thing possible to absolute stealth.(this entails way to much to list, but you get the point).

Back where I'm from, I used to get involved in moving swag, pills, nuggets, all sorts of stuff. I even brought 'junk' to an area that never never got it. I used to get feelings with no evidence from any of my 5 senses, and trust them. It always seemed that I would have broken ties with people 1-2 weeks before they were busted. It actually got to the point that the main guy I worked with (who was not arrested until a year after I moved) couldn't help but ask me if I had some sort of inside connection with LEO. I told him no, but it was hard for people to believe. I've had many 'psychic' moments, not just about leo, and those who truly know me, know I can really just 'feel' things coming. One of the main reasons I quit the 'game' all together was the suspicions that I was somehow involved with or in some sort of enforcement agency. I didn't want something bad to happen because of someone's suspicion's that I would have had myself, had I been on the other end of things.

I do know a couple of people that used to work Narco where I'm from, but never communicated with them. It wasn't long ago, that I saw one of them at a funeral, and we got to talking about 'back home' where he still lives and he got to telling me how much stuff he really knows, and how many people that I knew, have assisted him in search warrants time and time again. He even explained how snitches for pay works, the works. Let's just say if you're SELLING there is a great chance they at least KNOW of you. Whether or not you're of importance or not is a different story. Now of course this all depends largely on your location and the amount of enforcement power your area has.

19. AverageJoe

Back in my twenties me and a buddy were breakin pounds down into sacks and sellin' em to friends. He was in it for the extra cash. I was doin it for the free smoke. We were renting a house at the time and were young and stupid. People were coming and going all day, all night. crank parties, loud music, cars everywhere. in/out...in/out...in/out....all the time. This was in a middle class, suburban, soccer mom, 2.5 kids, 2 SUV's in the driveway neighborhood. stupid stupid stupid :bonk:

One day the landlord shows up and says "I don't know what the fuck you guys are doing out of my house, but you should know that I was just contacted by one of the neighbors and was told that three or four different neighbors have all gotten together and for the last couple months have been taking pictures and documenting times and license #'s of every person that comes and goes from this house. They insist you are selling drugs and are going to put a stop to it. "who us?..nah" If you know what's good for you, you will get the fuck out of here now!!" It was his semi-cool way of evicting us. For the next couple days we watched the neighbors watch us, and shit!, he was right. Needless to say we heeded his warning, shut down and got the fuck gone.:5badair:

Those neighbors were probably all proud of themselves and still talk about it:fu: :lol1:

To this day I know we were really close to getting popped, but the spirit of Mary Jane was shining upon us. :XXsunsmile: :notworthy:

20. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

lol. go on type them here and lets see what happens ;)