Why we say yes to drugs

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by daytrypper, Aug 2, 2009.

1. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Have you checked out www.growmoreweed.com ? THEY GOT A SHITLOAD OF AMAZING MJ GROW AND MJ RELATED BOOKS:rocker:

daytrypper likes this.
  3. daytrypper

daytrypper A Fat Sticky Bud

holly crap, thanks for that link.:thumbsup: As if I dont have enough on my reading list as it is :smile:

4. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Not being a dick ........But IMO MJ is NOT a drug but a herb......a Kind one

5. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

We choose to smoke herb because prescription drugs & other legal chemicals are...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, the reason these "legal drugs" exist...

[​IMG]

Have a nice day, Amerika!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lukesmommy likes this.
  6. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Not being a dick either, but... If you think that way then tons of things wouldn't be "drugs". cough cough caffeine and cocaine, both natural but definitely a drug. Yea yea cocaine is concentrated and extracted but so is hash and tons of the people in the MJ world smoke it. MJ(the THC and other canabinoids) is a drug, anything besides water and bare essential vitamins and nutrients is a drug. The definition is anything that enters the body and alters normal bodily function, which MJ definitely does. Not near as bad as tons of other stuff. Hell I had sterile pyuria(white blood cells in urine with no positive culture) caused by taking damn ibuprofen for a headache. I will say it probably has the least adverse side effects and the safest drug known to man though.

7. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

I base my statment on this

Cannabis, genus containing a coarse, tall, hairy annual herb .

Coca is a plant in the familyErythroxylaceae, native to north-western South America. .

Not being a dick but by your logic blueberries are a drug:passit:

I might add that cocaine is a processed substance derived from the coco

plant --MJ is not processed and turned into MJ.

As for carrots, they contain beta carotene, a common vitamin supplement

that is classified in places as a drug, If you search blueberries and its extracts I'm sure one could make the case that some of them are drugs too.

8. skunky

Ok then to be technical MJ is a herb, but THC and canabinoids are a drug. A chemical can't be a herb. So compare hemp to what we smoke.... what we smoke would be a drug compared to hemp. You may not want to look at it that way, but honestly there is no way around THC is a drug.

And on the blueberries thing, they have every thing nutrients, vitamins and "drugs". The antioxidants they contain ARE drugs. So technically and gettting on the verge of anal with it, if you wanted to you could say most food sources are also low dosage "drugs".

Hey man, drug is just a term that's been given a bad name. Now if you want to stick to a legally defined term of drug being something that can alter your function and is controlled under laws then ok, but a drug is ANYTHING that enter your body or any living thing and alters function whether that be for good or bad.

drug is a drug is a drug, just too bad the term is considered evil.

Also, the cocaine thing since I just saw what you added. Dude the coca(not coco, thats chocolate bro) plant has it in there already you just extract and purify. The processing you speak of is no different than extracting caffeine from tea leaves and purifying it. You don't alter it's molecular structure at all like you would something like heroin. Coca plant does have enough to give you a drug like feeling though, thats why the works chew it. Now I know you didn't mention it but how is that different than people drinking coffee to stay awake? It's not.

Also if you read my first reply, I didn't say vitamins were drugs. They are essential elements that are required for our bodily enzymes to function properly as they should, we just can synthesize them and have to supplement them by eating.

Trust me man I got a degree in Biology, Chemistry(organic emphasis) and Molecular Pathology. This is my thing.

Toker, man don't take it as I'm jumping on you are talking shit or anything I'm just laying out the facts on this one. You may have a different definition of a drug but I go by the accepted medical definition.

9. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Snick, you're my hero man... LOVE IT!!! And your avi jams my clam too!

Peace

-LM

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Drugs rule!!!!!!

11. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Love those picks snick the last one I'm gonna print off and post all over the place if that's alright with you...

First off let me say that I love natural drugs.

Now then. Breath really fast and hyperventilate ur bad self. Notice the similarity to another state of conciousness...the HIGH state of being? So then would oxygen be considered a drug?

I habve a fantestical idea! We should limit the amount of oxygen a baby can receive at birth! Cause its pretty obvious that all that crying and carrying on is simply a ploy to get higher and higher! Call the gov't! Alert ur politician! The highness must be stopped! Oxygen is the gateway drug, not bweed! Stop the oxygen!

12. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

No worries here GG.

I swiped them off the net myself.

A lot of them came in different e-mails.

Some I got directly from Deesillustration.com

Dees does some quality work! He also says his images are free to use as long as you ain't selling them.

Peace

13. skunky

Yes pure concentrations of oxygen are considered a drug, like home oxygen therapy and hyperbarric oxygen chambers. That's because our bodies are adapted to a ~20% oxygen concentrations. Pure oxygen produces euphoria because it is a very strong oxidizer. Hell if you want to get in to that 70% of our atmosphere is nitrogen gas, and nitrous oxide is a very very very large component of the atmosphere and is one of the main "greenhouse" gases. Now you should know just as well as just about anyone that is laughing gas and you are inhaling it all the time yet when you goto the dentist and get it from the pure tank it's considered a drug and definitely has an altering effect.

Hopefully you can see the link there, they are both present in the atmosphere naturally and breathed in all day ever day, yet when concentrated in a pure form they too are drugs.

Trust me, like I said I got this.

Oh one thing I forgot, the hyperventilating gives you that effect because you aren't allowing your body to exchange gases as you should properly. You aren't releasing all the CO2 from the lungs and you aren't breathing too fast to really absorb oxygen into the alveoli quick enough. So at the alveoli in the lungs you are retaining more CO2 and not uptaking enough O2 and causing yourself oxygen deprivation.

People just don't like to think pretty much everything is or can be a drug, and it is.

14. Ginsberg

Ginsberg Developed Alternating Nodes

I see the whole 'drug' semantic as inclusive of all indulgence. I can't draw much distinction (at least in my case) between smoking pot, rock climbing, gambling etc. All those things have their foundation in our base hedonistic tendencies and they can stay recreational or travel badly into some serious self reliant territory. Just depends. But, as I see it, its all the same.

15. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I'm not into coke at all, but from what I've seen and heard, coke gets cut with a BUNCH of shit, making it pretty bad. (Not sure if you were trying to make it sound good or not but you compared it to hash)

16. skunky

Just pointing out it really is no different and if you want to compare cut cocaine to hash just ask UBB and TA and skuzzi about soapbar hash. Shit is cut with stuff just as bad if not worse than anything used to cut cocaine or any other illicit drug.

People just don't seem to realize what a drug is, don't seem to realize they have both good and bad effects. Seems if it's good people don't want to call it a drug I guess because they don't want to feel like an addict. Take away the cut though pure cocaine is no different than pure caffeine or THC other than the response.

Point being no matter how much someone wants to deny it MJ(actually the THC) is a drug, just no way around it. Now a heavy or dangerous drug? No. Like I said before it is one of the safest drugs known to man, but still a drug.

SecretGrower420 likes this.
  17. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

Solid points skunky. Never heard of soapbar hash, but I guess you could add a bunch of shit to hash to make it really bad.

18. skunky

If you are interested here is a decent thread overviewing soapbar, shit has been known to be cut with stuff including rubber and plastic. The shit people will do to increase weight is disgusting. Shitty that some people could careless of the effects the cut could produce and only care about making more money.

http://www.marijuana.com/strains-definitions/61234-what-soap-bar-hash.html

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Happy to show you another rabbit hole,lol..

Glad to be of assistance to you,i would recc this site to EVERY member interested not just in grow guides but MJ history,myths and conspiracies,it is THEE best site on the net for books of its KIND for free and they kindly let us GKers use links and use their site,they even members here so check them out,one good turn and all that ppl:thumbsup:peace:potleaf:

20. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

"its the fuckin rubber init that gets you off..."

SKUNKY i thought you knew yer stuff man,im disappointed in ya.....all brits know that its the rubber in it that gets you HIGH:rofl: Que Goldie Lookin Chain Song from MySpace profile called soapbar,read and learn scottyboy:thumbsup: It used to be good back in 19canteen now its pisspoor,i got some squidgy soft black other night tho,veruy nic,almost pollen/charras like.Peace:potleaf:

G.L.C SOAPBAR...

Burned a new hole in my tracksuit today,

Smoking Soap Bar without an ashtray,

Red-hot nylon dripping on my skin,

I ripped the fucker off, and threw it in the bin,

Soap Bar’s cheap, and so’s my clothes,

They’ve got to be cause of all the fucking holes,

It tastes like shit and it makes you cough,

And it’s the fucking rubber in it that gets you off.

Yeah, I smoke Soap Bar with lots of bits of plastic,

I leaves mine in it cause it tastes fantastic,

Skunk costs too much, I can’t see the appeal,

Of smoking Port Rocky, Soap Bar or Gold Seal,

Smoke Rocky in a bong, bucket or hot-knives,

Bake it in a cake for your Mam as a surprise,

I smokes Green, and it’s gone in an instant,

But Soap Bar lasts, cause it’s fucking consistent.

Smoking on up, Soap Bar in the sky,

I’ll smoke Soap Bar ‘till I fucking die,

Before I die and they lay me to rest,

I will always smoke Soap Bar, that’s the best.

Last night I went out driving in my car,

I sparked up a fat spliff of fucking Soap Bar,

A Blim-burn burned right down to my dick,

And while I was distracted, I fucking crashed into a

Brick wall, the car was fucking battered,

The bonnet flipped up and the windscreen shattered,

You’re better off smoking The Green instead,

Cause it don’t Blim-Burn and it’s better for your head.

Soap Bar! Sitting in a deep sweat,

Thinking! I’ve got to get some Rocky for the,

Weekend! The sight of Draw excites me,

Stick it in a bong, light it up and chug a fucking,

Whitey! Burning holes in my tracky,

This shit always happens when I’m smoking fucking Rocky,

You’ve heard it on the news; you’ve seen it on the telly,

Add up for moving Soap Bar down fucking Liz Werry

“I do it like a little cause light the fucking thing as always”

I used to smoke Skunky but it was far too smelly, man!

Most Soap Bar comes from fucking Holland,

They make it out of oil, and tires and pollen,

Diesel, Miramar, Flat-Press too;

These are types of Soap Bar available to you,

These little bits of plastic you find inside;

You can use those as a quality guide,

Of the standard of Soap Bar that you are smoking,

The more bits of plastic means the better the toking.

Eat a Hash-cake but wait a while,

It’ll take about an hour ain’t Draw versatile,

You can burn it, eat it, or smoke it in a spliff,

Space shakes, Draw gateau’s, you knows it Delia Smith,

Lying in your bed dropping blimps on your pubes,

Selling Draw to your mates but it’s really Oxo cubes,

When you’re cooking up draw, be quick don’t lick it,

Cause it’s really fucking hot and it’ll burn your fingers.

This bloke said to me; “You haven’t got a clue,

About the damage that Soap Bar can do to you”,

I tried to see things from his point of view,

But I couldn’t fit my head up his asshole too,

The bloke was wrong, I knows my stuff,

I knows if I smoke it, I’m gonna feel rough,

My lungs are fucked and my throat is raw,

Cause the thing about Soap Bar; it’s fucking hardcore.

Well anyway I think it’s better myself to lean forwards,

When smoking Soap Bar, because you are less likely to Blim-Burn,

You know what I mean?

Innit, check it out man! I got some quality fucking Gold-Seal for you, innit?

Shape up all those little bits of plastic what you find inside, right,

And then fucking stick them in a teapot,

Makes a lovely cup of tea, that does.

What I do, stick a fag in the microwave, right,

You toke it up, you sticks the Draw on top,

And you rams it in a bong and you rams the bong in your fucking head.

Yeah that’s like my fucking lungs feel like,

They’re fucking collapsing sometimes from the Soap Bar like,

You know?