The end is drawing near...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by snickelfritz, Nov 26, 2009.

1. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

Soon, it will be time to fight for your rights!!! Prepare yourself now!!!

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...sponse-to-ft-hood-terror-attack-70535237.html

Attorney General Holder Reveals Aggressive Gun Control In Response to Ft. Hood Terror Attack

WASHINGTON, Nov. 19 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Before the Senate Judiciary Committee November 18th, 2009, Attorney General Eric Holder revealed a stunningly broad and aggressive anti-gun agenda.
    "The President of the United States asked that politicians notuse the Ft. Hood attack to engage in 'political theater.' It appears those committed to attacking gun owners and the Second Amendment simply can't help themselves and are engaged in blaming guns and gun owners on the heels of this terrorist attack. Sadly it looks like 'politics as usual,'" said LEAA's spokesperson, Ted Deeds.
    After explaining and defending his decision to give enemy combatants constitutional protections and the right to public trial in civilian courts, Attorney General Holder revealed his support for a national gun owner registration scheme and authorizing the government to ban firearm possession for any person by merely adding that person's name to the terror watch list.
    Drawing reasonable conclusions from what Holder publicly said, we now know:
    • Holder wants a national, permanent gun registration system administered by law enforcement. A registration of honest citizens that have cleared the federal background check for gun purchases with those records permanently retained by and shared among law enforcement.
    • Holder wants new federal authority to prohibit any person on the federal watch list (reported to be 400,000 names) from buying guns and supports confiscating guns from those on the list who possess them.
    Transcribing General Holder: "The position of the Administration is that there should be a basis for law enforcement to share information about gun purchases." "... [It's not] inconsistent to allow law enforcement agencies to share that kind of information, for that information to be retained and then to be shared by law enforcement." "It seems incongruous to me that we would bar certain people from flying on airplanes because they are on the terrorist watch list and yet we would still allow them to posses weapons." {Emphasis added}
    LEAA's Executive Director Jim Fotis said, "Those behind the badge don't believe more restrictions on honest gun owners is a reasonable, practical or constitutional response to acts of terrorism. As a retired officer, I know that America's men and women in blue want to fight terrorism, to stop terrorists; not waste time keeping records on innocent gun owners!"

puffin likes this.
  2. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Problem

Reaction

Solution

Problem

Reaction

Solution

Problem

Reaction

Solution

Problem

Reaction

Solution

Problem

Reaction

Solution

over and over and over and over.

and we allow it to happen over and over and over...... :roulette:

3. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

more like!!

And fight fer yer lives:shocked: :shocked:"BIGBANG"....................:fly:

4. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

rinse and repeat!!!! same old shit wake up people before its too late for you.

5. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

allready too late!

IF ya aint been awake its too late:siskel:....long as i got some BUD and a lighter om good!:wink: ..........

6. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

You want them come get them! Because we will not bring them to you i will die for this country and what it was built on not what some yogurt eating calorie watching pansy is trying to shove down my throat...DSP

7. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/opinion/13sun2.html?_r=2

Editorial

Twitter Tapping

Published: December 12, 2009

The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for tax delinquents, copyright infringers and political protesters. A public interest group has filed a lawsuit to learn more about this monitoring, in the hope of starting a national discussion and modifying privacy laws as necessary for the online era.

Law enforcement is not saying a lot about its social surveillance, but examples keep coming to light. The Wall Street Journal reported this summer that state revenue agents have been searching for tax scofflaws by mining information on MySpace and Facebook. In October, the F.B.I. searched the New York home of a man suspected of helping coordinate protests at the Group of 20 meeting in Pittsburgh by sending out messages over Twitter.

In some cases, the government appears to be engaged in deception. The Boston Globe recently quoted a Massachusetts district attorney as saying that some police officers were going undercover on Facebook as part of their investigations.

Wired magazine reported last month that In-Q-Tel, an investment arm of the Central Intelligence Agency, has put money into Visible Technologies, a software company that crawls across blogs, online forums, and open networks like Twitter and YouTube to monitor what is being said.

This month the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the Samuelson Law, Technology and Public Policy Clinic at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law sued the Department of Defense, the C.I.A. and other federal agencies under the Freedom of Information Act to learn more about their use of social networking sites.

The suit seeks to uncover what guidelines these agencies have about this activity, including information about whether agents are permitted to use fake identities or to engage in subterfuge, such as tricking people into accepting Facebook friend requests.

Privacy law was largely created in the pre-Internet age, and new rules are needed to keep up with the ways people communicate today. Much of what occurs online, like blog posting, is intended to be an open declaration to the world, and law enforcement is within its rights to read and act on what is written. Other kinds of communication, particularly in a closed network, may come with an expectation of privacy. If government agents are joining social networks under false pretenses to spy without a court order, for example, that might be crossing a line.

A national conversation about social networking and other forms of online privacy is long overdue. The first step toward having it is for the public to know more about what is currently being done. Making the federal government answer these reasonable Freedom of Information Act requests would be a good start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you'd like to know this shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the economy collapses and the government goes crazy and turns on the people like a pack of vicious dogs, you need to be prepared!

NMDK JNLD TRFK TDIJ WLKS TROJ WJDI KSKD XK3S

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

8. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

Revolutionary's Creed

The Revolutionary's Creed:

I AM THE AMERICAN MILITIA!!! I am the enemy's worst nightmare. My brain is a finely tuned weapon! The one thing that they can't have without killing me first. Without my brain I am useless. Without me my brain is useless. I think for myself and control my own destiny. Long live the free West. Long live the United States of America.:qright2: :USA: :iwojima: :qleft7: