2nd Grow, ghetto closet.

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Naturalistic, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Naturalistic

Naturalistic Developed Alternating Nodes

Hello.

Since my first grow i have ditched the CFL Cab and moved into the closet. For now i am on a table top but might move to the floor once things get taller. I have 8 feet of height to work with. About a 3x3 area on the floor.

[​IMG]

I have upgraded to a 400W Switchable MH/HPS Remote ballast and SuperSun2 hood. Running MH bulb at the moment right at 24inches above the container tops.

I have a couple of flouro tubes left over that i will utilize when the plants get bigger, for side lighting and to mix the spectrum a little.

[​IMG]

Here are all the beans. They are still a few left to pop dirt but most are UP !

[​IMG]

Plan is to veg them out until i can find the females. I will most likely top them, but i am not sure what my best option is atm. I have 15 1 gallon containers to re-pot into when i need them, although i don't think i will fit that many ! I am hoping to flower atleast 6, hopefully 9.

Temps are never over 80F, usually around 78F. Few fans blowing around, one on the hood, one on the ballast, etc.

I started them in MG Organic but i already have a cactus mix and seperate perilite for the re-pot. Tomatoe food, Superthrive, and SuperBloom are my nutes at the appropriate times...

Any suggestions welcome. Pulled a few zips off the cfl's. Hoping to best that with the HID. :passsit:

2. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Youre gonna have some serious space problems. That's a good problem to have, though.

3. Naturalistic

Yea i have too many plants to possibly flower them all if females. It's all good though :)

Babies are green and healthy, staying nice and squat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Light is still 24in away.

Temps are at 74F

24/0 light schedule.

I also replaced all of my fans to oscillating fans a few days ago. Temps went down 2 degrees and the musty smell is gone.

4. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Hell ya. Nice seedlings. They grew alot. Gj. Keeps updating us:good job: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

5. Naturalistic

Thanks !

[​IMG]

Not much going on.

6. bncooldude13

kool

:passsit:

7. Naturalistic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been working on transplanting into bigger pots.

Light approx 17in from tops of plants

Temps : Currently 77F

Also topped one plant, my first attempt at topping, to see what happens.

8. Naturalistic

Day 10:

Temp : 80F

These are all random bagseed i have collected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. spinkler

spinkler Game On!

"One of us! One of us! One of us!"

;) :thumbsup:

Nice upgrades. You should be well pleased with the outcome! :flyy:

10. Naturalistic

Haha. Thanks :beerchug-2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

Looking good so far. You will probably double your yield with 400W. :smoke2:

Do you have an exhaust fan? If not, that should be your next upgrade...followed by a carbon scrubber (if the overwhelming scent of all those girls in full bloom is a problem for you).

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Very very nice. Looks like you got a pretty good handle everything.

cheers,

13. Naturalistic

Thanks guys :bong-2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guys think these 1 gallon pots are big enough to flower out in ? Or should i repot once more when i find the females ?

MellowDude. I have two oscillating fans in the closet but am not exhausing to the outside. My plan is to get a tent and scrubber next though, now that i have a light. :beerchug-2:

14. bncooldude13

Those pots are big enough to flower in. Looks better every day dawg :good job: Keep us updated.

15. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

1gal is probably a little too small for plants from seed. They will turn out fine in 1gal but likely stunted and won't reach their potential yield due to getting rootbound. How stunted depends on if you veg them much beyond maturity or if you start 12/12 as soon as they're ready. 3gal pots for the girls will help significantly. More than that should only be necessary if you prolong veg time.

16. Naturalistic

Great info, thanks. I will most likely re-pot one more time once i find females then. This is just for personal, but i would hate to miss out on potential yield.:passsit:

Bigbud214 likes this.
  17. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

I think you'll have a nice size personal stash for quite a while. I see at least 15 plants, so 8+ females isn't impossible. :smoke2:

18. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

very nice grow man. plants are looking nice. hope my first grow goes that well.

:anibong:

19. Naturalistic

I turned on the HPS and a few flouro tubes earlier for a few hours, and then i flipped the switch for the first time.

Time for 12/12.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Avg 8-10 inches. few are taller, 1 shorter.

Im hoping for 50% females out of these 13 plants. Even 6 females would be great. Especially if i can pull atleast a zip per plant. Last grow i got a little more then a zip per using less light, same size pots. So i will still transplant into bigger pots when i sex them. :bong-2:

I started with 15 plants. I killed 1 runt early on and put one in the living room for a house plant. It's still tiny, ill take a pic sometime. It barely get light, lol. But i bet it wont die !

ScottyG420 likes this.
  20. Naturalistic

Should start showing sex anyday now. I've added 2 65w CFL's.

Light is down to 8inches from canopy. temps holding lower 70's.

The stretch has started.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite plant, hope it turns female. It's been topped.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]