Rally to Restore Sanity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LionLoves420, Oct 29, 2010.

1. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Today I drive five hours to our capital so that tomorrow I can be at the John Stewart/Stephen Colbert Rally to Restore Sanity/and or fear.

Fuhurt, who is mentioned in my signature, will be debuted to the world in drawn form. If anyone is planning on watching the rally live on TV, look out for the long haired guy holding a sign with a magical drunken leprechaun on it (my sign, though stereotypical, will say "Can't we all just get a bong?")!

I know a lot of people don't like these two guys because they think they are liberal as hell, but they are not, and leftist leanings are not the meaning of this rally, only satire.

I would love to hear what anybody thinks about this rally if you have an opinion.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Go get-em Lion. Hope to see a glimpse of Fuhurt.

Drive safe,

3. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

This bout weed or the immigration. Im lost? Either way i support both ;)

4. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

I'm still not sure I understand the point of the rally. Is it just a big party, or are they trying to accomplish something?

Is Stewart's brother (NYSE COO, bankster Larry Leibowitz) going to be there? Perhaps he can give some tips on how the common man can better funnel resources to the elite class.

5. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

I wish I could go. Have fun, Lion!

Fomorian, I think the point is satire. Hopefully the turnout with make the point that 95% of people are neither far left nor far right, hence their enjoyment of said satire.

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Love John Stewart........ Colbert is cool too but i like John's show a lot more. Anyway I bet it should be a cool event, I wish I could go. Have fun Lion and be safe.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It should be fun, so have some.

I'd like to go, as it's probably less than a 2hr. drive, but I have work lately and can't afford to turn it down.

Visit Arlington before you head back :thumbs-up:

8. LionLoves420

Its all about the 90% of us who are tired of the the hatred and non-helpful discurse in our politics. But, mainly its about showing the crazy fuckers out there getting air time that we sane people are still here.

Of course....its hosted by comedians........

Here is the completed sign (I fixed the spelling mistake). I forgot a ruler and a good eraser, but this will do. Look out for it!

[​IMG]

9. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Have fun!

Do you think sanity will be restored in the general populace? Ha ha, I kinda doubt it.

:passsit:

10. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Love Stewart and Colbert. Have a blast Lion. Smoke a doobie, they'll highlight you and your sign in clip I bet. hahaha

BTW, not to nit pick here, but I think your statistic of 800,000 is bit off. I think the number you are looking for, that has been quoted in every prop 19 argument, is 80,000, and that's Californians, not nationwide. Unless you are looking at a number I haven't seen yet? Where did you get that statistic?

11. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

plus i dont think they were chared with marijuana possesion :roffl:

12. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

I've been looking for ya Lion, but no luck yet. Hope you're having a blast.

-tC

13. LionLoves420

Fun as hell. I didn't get close enough to get noticed by the Rally cameras, but my sign and myself were photographed by others several times. The metro was like a fucking can of sardines, I didn't have to hold onto anything, there was no where to fall.

As for the stat, maybe I am misreading what I or they wrote, but:

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3418#question5