Optimal Humidity for drying?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Dixie Hicky, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Ok...it's humid here. Today the RH is 44% and that's about normal. Problem is, it takes two weeks for buds to dry! You guys who talk about buds hanging five or six days to the "snap" point...make me jealous! Should I just deal with it, or buy a dehumidifier? and what IS the optimal drying RH?

Thanks

Dixie

2. MellowDood

MellowDood weed eater

44% sounds nice. Florida is 110% all year!

Actually, indoor humidity for me was around 50%, and if my memory serves me (it's quite hazy 5 years later) there were some bigger buds that required 2 full weeks before they were dry enough to smoke and begin jar curing. Most of my buds dried in about 10 days with smaller stuff ready after 1 week. I assume a dehumidifier would help, but patience also works. :smoke2: Sorry I don't know the optimal RH, but I can report never having a mold problem so at least you know 40-50% is good enough.

3. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Here in Colorado, my plants take about 10 days to dry.

My humidity is around 40%-50% in the area where the plants hang.

Seems to work really well. I like the results. :) :ebert:

:alienwink: :affro:

4. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Why are you jealous?

A slower dry gives it a slight cure. As long as it doesn't mold, your good to go IMO.

peace.

G_B

5. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Oh...well, that mnakes me feel some better. LOL...now, this "poatience" thing you speak of....uh...where do I get me some of that?

LOL!

Thanks

Dix

6. NOTthatTIGER

NOTthatTIGER Developed Alternating Nodes

e-bay....all day long :mashed: