Glenn Beck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RKinG, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

So be kind to me and stop talking right now.

I'm a progressive. I'm a secularist.

The likes of O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh would see the likes of me lynched. I'm not gonna recite the conservative agenda for you Billy. You know damn well what it's about and as such, you shouldn't be surprised to see opposition to that particular world view on a weed site. Seeing as how conservatives by and large would like to make MMJ illegal and persecute the sick, what the fuck did you expect?

2. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Witty....lol you crack me up Lion! :thumbs-up:

3. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

no tv

This is the kind of s*** that makes me happy I quit paying my satellite bill and cut the cable off:dog-nana: :321fu: :roffl:

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

His preversion of everything American is why I hate him.

As a former marine myself, I can tell you that I have served with numerous people of different backgrounds. The idea of scaring white old ladys into thinking everyone that is not a White Anglo Saxon Protestant is out to get them gets under my skin. I served with numerous Mexicans (yes I said mexicans, hispanics, that spoke fluent spanish and were American only because they were born here), blacks, and muslims that I would trust my life and my family's lives with.

TO act like their is a global conspiracy to get someone is laughable but people belive it. He sells a good product and does it well. But some people don't relize that hes selling a product (gold, gold, gold) and take his words as if Jesus himself where saying them.

It's easy to be divide people based on differences, it's harder but much more effective to find the common ground and use that as a starting point.

I'm sure you got the lecture as Parris Island about how every is equally worthless, they do that so you and kid next to you black,white, hisp, country, city, christian, musl, find common ground and work as a team. Same as when one man doesn't get his blouse on quick enough, everyone gets undressed and starts over. Because in the end, we are a team!! Same as America, it's easy to divide, but in the end WE ARE A TEAM and need to find common ground so that we may win or thrive!!

5. trpn bily

trpn bily Veggy Stage

THIS is what I am talking about. These guys would have you lynched?

as your boy algore would say.. BULLSHIT!

If you disagree fine but no one wants you lynched.

We just vote. We don't lynch.

Actually never heard any of those 3 comment on mj.

Progreesive is another word for liberal. You want to take more taxes for more stupid shit.

Its not that I don't expect a different point of view here I do.

I was expecting a more thought out argument than

" mow en down "

Now it seems we have gotten there.

6. trpn bily

trpn bily Veggy Stage

My beef is the simple minded " yeh I hate him too lets kill him and anyone who listen to him".

I'd like to see more depth than KILL THEM ! They think differently !

7. trpn bily

trpn bily Veggy Stage

The thing i miss most about Parris Island is.... yeh I got nothin :eusa_angel:

This place is where I thought the comon ground was.

Am I the only conservative who grows?

I may have taken this whole thing too seriously here. Like someone said maybe its just banter.

I don't wanna lynch or shoot liberals. Just vote them out.

I don't hate them I just disagree with them politically.

Liberals( progressives... havent had a new idea in 25 years or a good one in 50 but go ahead call yourself progressive )

want to " mow down " those that disagree.

I am rolling a fatty:passsit:

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

That's the problem in a nutshell, the politicians and pundits keep us fighting among ourselves and we are looking the other way when they pull their damned shinanigins.

9. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Nope, you aren't the only one. While I completely disagree with the mow them down comment, I completely agree that Beck is a right wing nut job. Just to be clear, I vote with whatever party I think will screw me the least. That usually turns out to be the republicans.

10. nippie

We do have common ground thats why we can have discussion.

I'm no liberal, I have been pushed out of the republican party by Palin, Beck, Rush, and fox news. I do not believe for a moment that this country was founded on Christian Principals. ALmost every founding father was a deist, not christian. These people make me sick on how the use the preversions of the truth to get what they want. Watch Fox news and listen to how many times things are phrased "What if" "Could the be" "Is this the start of..". They act like their target audience are retarded and can't digest facts if given to them.. And oh my god, if you disagree on any issue you're a commie!! Well fuck that, I deserve to think and do as I please in a country that I served, AND SO DO YOU!

You remember just a few short years ago they were up in arms that anyone questioned Bush during a time of war, and that they are traitors and defeatacrats.. now they are screaming the wars are lost and constantly bashing Obama for the same policies that they once praised under Bush.

And dont get me started on BAchman, the bitch is faker than Palin. Have you seen how much money she makes off government programs!!! and then claims that they are a waste of money. And the stimilus that failed and cost the country so much money, funny under freedom of info act Bachman's numerous requests for money "that will create jobs" in her district are are available. If this is such a flawed policy, why the fuck would she try to use it and then hid the fact that she used it.

The hypocrisy of the republican party has gotten outta hand. The tea party is clueless on what it takes to actually gov. Putting them in charge is the equal of having a private be in charge of the armed forces.

BTW, I vote indep, lately repub on local issues, and dem on federal issues. 10 years ago I couldn't have imagined voting anything other that republican.

Edit.. you don't miss the fungus and fleas... I swear it looked like I had herpes growing on my leg and finally saw Sr. DI about it, he laughed and said it was .... and wash it and it'll go away. And the bleach water was always the best, nothing like drilling your ass off, then being forced to drink water that taseted like bleach, then being told after that do NOT drink it if it tastes like bleach,lol. One thing about that place is they never told you what you did right, but jumped your ass about everything you did wrong.

11. trpn bily

trpn bily Veggy Stage

well said midnight

12. trpn bily

trpn bily Veggy Stage

Edit.. you don't miss the fungus and fleas... I swear it looked like I had herpes growing on my leg and finally saw Sr. DI about it, he laughed and said it was .... and wash it and it'll go away. And the bleach water was always the best, nothing like drilling your ass off, then being forced to drink water that taseted like bleach, then being told after that do NOT drink it if it tastes like bleach,lol. One thing about that place is they never told you what you did right, but jumped your ass about everything you did wrong.__________________

that brings back old good memories lol

hated it but loved it

diggin a hole to bury the one sandflea you tried to knock off without the DI seeing you.

cckskrs have eyes in back of their heads

I want a smaller government that spends less and intrudes less on our lives.

Can we find common ground there?

just for old time sakes...

OOHRAH!

13. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Independent....also voting more conservative each yr in local/state elections as well. Local and state elections should be the focus more then federa...get the scumbags representing you out of office. Has nothing to do with even liking one party over the other. Just try to vote with common sense or as you stated..."lesser of the 2 evils" if there truly is one.

As for economy? Oh the Dem's blame the "tea party" who wanted spending cut's? Sounds like the Dem's are smoking something stronger then weed eh? Tea Party has dwindled down and the Rep's are made up of more "Progressives" then conservative's. They all blame one another yet who is to blame? Still would love to know when the President will fill us in on the plan to create jobs? Also when will he get rid of the idiots he surrounds himself with on a daily basis? Bachman is a whack job, Romney has made a career of running for President yet never wins, Obama will never get re-elected as he proved once again he is merely a " rock star" on tour with a "one hit song" from over 3 yrs ago that people grew tired of listening to. The list goes on.... Like Ron Paul but highly doubt our country will have the common sense/balls to vote in a 3rd party...too many brainwashed sheep listening to spoon fed media. Don't know who will be the President next term...? Does it even matter if we keep getting "repeats" of the same crap with a new face?

The only thing protecting us is the right to "bear arms" or we would be screwed. Don't care if you hate guns or preach they are the devil to me. I know and our government knows when they feel like pushing us too hard...we can push back if needed. You can only push people so far if they are unarmed... :) Take a look at the UK..biggest item being sold is American Baseball bats. I bet they wish they had the right to bear arms right now huh? Yet we have people in this country who want to see gun's banned? Good gawd....they have no clue! What is there were riots in your streets. people breaking into your house, stealing from you? Hmm bet you change your mind quick and let's not forget martial law. Wish I invested in baseball bat's as they did gold..never checked to see how much that stock has gone up.

Peace out!

14. nippie

oorah!!

did you ever make the mistake of saying "you" to a di? ....you...ewe is a female sheep, are you fucking with me farm boy!! Do you wanna take me behind the barn!!

I don't know, I miss the quarterdeck first thing in the morning, or the beach "sand pits" in mid august.

Ahh, to be young again. and damn that uniform got me some serious action!!

See we have common ground, and we are in agreement about government, but it's just how to obtain that goal is where we differ. I believe those who can, should pay more before cutting back on services that people depend on. Two answers to same problem, one would think a little give and take and neither of us would be totally happy, nor totally screwed.

Mermaid likes this.
  15. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

My son in-law is serving in the Navy...brother did too. Both loved the traveling as they only did 3-6 month tours. I was just shocked how low the pay is when you think about the time away from your family. 38,000 for an average soldier is not much considering those serving on the front line. You get housing which in NJ is over 1400.00 monthly for a military family since everything it is expensive to live here.

I think we are all basically on the same page too when it comes to our core beliefs in how we would like to see America. Ever wonder how many mouths they could feed off campaign money they raise for elections? Obama's recent fundraiser was 30,000 a plate! Same with the Republican's and all the money wasted on campaigns. Would love to know how much money total from both parties are raised each year. Not to mention the folks paying for this..they donate 30,000 when that could have helped a family for well over a yr. Now that is one example of what is wrong with our country.

16. nippie

Agreed,

You see if you find common ground on whats agreed upon and move on from there its makes life a lot easier than dividing everyone then trying to reconcile.

What's worse is pol's that aren't going to make the cut are going to keep their warchest or give it to another pol instead of actually doing something benificial with that money. Do you have any clue how many kids you could feed on what Obama raised during one dinner?!?!

My biggest things is I see my liberties at risk more from Rep than Dems at this point in life, but at the same time they need to stop wasting money.

and your spot on the 2nd amend.

"Fear the government that fears your guns"

or you could trust the government just like the indians did:roffl:

17. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

LOL...you got that right!! Oh the Republican's are a risk on other issues...I vote more conservative in local/state election's then Federal. Just depends on the person running...like I stated before, I try to pick the lesser of the evil's.

Of course they want to keep against one another and choosing sides..conquer and divide right? Just say no as we are all sinking together..lol Best thing is to unite and maybe our tax paying citizen's will come up with a plan... :) They sure as hell can't make one.

18. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Moved to politics.

I try and vote Libertarian when possible, though I admit I didn't in the last presidential election.

It seems like the parties are starting to switch sides positionally again. Democrats are increasingly wanting things like pot legal while the Republicans want more invasion into our everyday lives.

Either way Beck should stay out of the conversation and is only hurting the rest of us by getting to people with a low IQ, thus fueling the divide between Americans on all sides.

19. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

In that case, you got a beef w/yourself. :eusa_wall:

Shouldn't you be watching the 700 Club or something?

20. trpn bily

trpn bily Veggy Stage

I bask in your enlightenment:thumbs-up: