Meet Duke...mastiff/dane

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mermaid, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Mr.A...awww they are so cute!! Happy he is cancer free now too! Yes they are heavier as far as filled out then Duke will be due to his body being more like a Great Dane. They are big dogs..wow 200 is huge!! Love their faces..sloppy kisses and just adorable!

Kinda figured the "staring" could be just a positive perk to the breed. Read more about the English Mastiff and even on Great Danes...seems they are both people dogs. Apparently Mastiff's feel you are part of their pack which explains why he never wants to be alone....they love to be with you. Then it did state they are lazy and not much for being outdoors>>check check! I felt like I was reading about him...haha So his personality seems to be more of the English Mastiff as he sure loves to pick up toys and a quick learner which is exactly what it said about this breed. Also did mention they hate to be alone, love to get on couches/beds and not to get this breed if you don't want them on your furniture...lol Good thing my daughter does not mind, he is always on beds and takes the whole couch! :)

I kinda like the full English Mastiff that your frd has...love how big they are but wow 200? Read they can get up to 250...that is huge! Now I see why your frd spent so much on feeding them!! :)

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

What a sweetheart!!! So happy for you and your new addition!!! :dog2:

The staring is most likely the Dane in him. I have been around a couple of Danes and they both do that. One of them would come up while you were talking and sit with his face 6 inches away from yours and just look at you. Found out he liked to smell people's breath as they talked, but it was a bit intimidating for people who aren't used to large dogs for this elephant to come and sit and stare at them half a foot away from their face!!! lol

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

3. hupla

hupla cooking dinner

Molosser is a category of large, solidly-built dog that includes several breeds, probably all descended from the same root stock. The name derives from Molossia,[1] a subregion of ancient Epirus,[2] ancient Greece, where the large shepherd dog was known as the Molossus.[3]

love the huge breeds :)

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thanks. I'll have to look into that.

5. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Thanks GTWT and you could be right about the staring. He does get close and to some it is intimidating yet to me it is rather endearing. Always seems as though he is facinated or just being sweet..nothing scary. Just odd since most dogs won't look at you unless of course they are begging for food...haha :)

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just wondering how Mer's pups are doing?

7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Don't know about the dog but Mer is ok having fun with her grandson I think she moved to her mom's to take care of her. -Bud

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Thought something like that had happened. Thnx for the update Bud.

9. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

I wish I could just "like" this or whatever. But I'll comment and let the "Keep in Touch" vibe flowing. :jj: