GrowKinds getting a upgrade!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mrgreengenes, Sep 10, 2011.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

as it should......if need be, your phone company can print out every single WORD or SITE that youve sent in a text or site visited and what you did while you were there.....

And I STRESS, every single text message youve EVER sent can be printed out just as you typed it, IF the need arises and that need is usually police/DEA inforced........PICS as well

Be careful out there in what u send

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Not entirely true. Though it differs between cell companies, they only keep text records for a certain amount of time. It would take a state sized server to keep that much data indefinitely between all the phone companies. Also the same rules apply to your phone as to safety on this site: if they are requesting your records you already fucked up somewhere (though I am not sure if requesting data records from a phone is considered the same warrant requirements as the internet or the phone).

I honestly would be more worried of leaving this site open on a phone and a cop seeing it. If they realized what it was at a glance that could be considered probable cause to search you.

However, just like a computer, the information (even if deleted) can be recovered at least partially from the physical phone. If you are doing illegal things through text, you should make it a habit of doing a hard delete of information often.

3. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I got 2 cop (very close) friends and a family member on my ladies side thats a DEA agent in AZ..........we've had this convo MANY times and its done on a regular basis, mostly in violent crimes tho but it IS there for the taking for law enforcement

I mean, I can fit 20,000 songs on my ipod and that shit fits in my pocket.....common sense tells me big business has a lil more room than that, even IF it gets erased every year, how much more info do they need? They build a case around ALL info and written texts are a killer

I just watched the First48, where a guy said he was nowhere near a crime scene, they took his phone and found he was within a half mile of said scene, then he said so what, then they called the cell biz and got all of his texts from a month prior and found he was in contact with the victim doing dope deals and this time he killed the guy over $1200 of weed when he usually got $300 bags, the texts got him caught and nothing else, they had him red handed making deals 20mins before the guy was found dead, all cuz of TEXTS.....now I know its a TV show and im not an idiot.......but from my cops buddies and my girls fam and all the other things you hear........is it worth the risk ????? Just to be right on an opinion.......NOT FOR ME!!!!!

Why the rule, no cell then????? They cant wiretap a cell but they can review the records of calls and all texts

4. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

It is worth the risk if you are smart. I didn't meant to say they couldn't use the records, I am just saying that they do delete them, and if they are looking at your phone records, you already fucked up. It wasn't the phone that busted you, and was your actions.

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Don't forget everyone that GK will be down later on Thursday night starting between 1am eastern time and may possibly last till the early morning hours until GK is back up and running. Thanks again.:thumbs-up:

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Thanks for reminding everybody.

I'll be at work all night, so I'm good :thumbs-up:

7. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

The upgrade is progressing so far so good but is being slowed by the fact that I was bought two rounds of Lagunitas on my way home tonight, couple that with the reciprocating smoke out and I can't stare at the screen any longer tonight. I will be up first thing in the morning working on the site. Hope to complete the software upgrade by afternoon and then bring the forum down for the database (posts & accounts) transfer.

I swear to MaryJane it will be done before the end of the weekend!!

Thanks for your patience.

8. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

I have rescheduled the forum downtime for Saturday at 2pm. I know this isn't the best time to bring down the forum, however I need to have a large block of time where I am alert and awake in case I run into any issues, so the night time upgrade just won't work. I expect to have it back up Saturday evening but it could be down for longer in order to get the gallery and all the other custom stuff to work.

Again thanks for your understanding and know that this upgrade will greatly enhance the security of the forum and hopefully nearly eliminate the spam account creations.

9. Mrgreengenes

Hows it going Webby? I'm here buddy. Where do we stand as far as the upgrades. If I try and PM you it looks all screwed up.[​IMG]

10. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

what theme are you using?

11. Mrgreengenes

Looks all set now. I'm going to bed too. Night

12. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I tried to log on, it gave me some redirect error and then apparently it logged me in.

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Anybody play with the new "multi quote" tab? It's next to the "quote" tab in the message reply. Click it and it turns red then move on to the next post you want a quote from and click quote reply as usual....voile'.....there's both message quotes on the page.

14. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

These upgrades are reallysuperfuckingnice!! Thanks to whoever put in work on these improvements. :thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

15. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

hey guys, long time go read :wave:

So I decided to upload a few pics today, but I couldn't find the photo gallery. Sure, I am stoned....but I'm not THAT stoned. I noticed the photo gallery link in the 'Community' button up top, but there are only a few pics in there. Sooooo, can a brotha help a brotha from anotha motha out, and tell me where to access my gallery?

16. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

We are on a new server and its still being worked on. The gallery function to access your pictures is not available at this time.

t6

17. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

thanks dude :wink:

18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

haha.. just sent a pm to the big man asking about that.. gues I should have read this first