Upgrade Hiccups (aka bugs)

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Webmaster, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

If you find anything that looks funny or isn't working after the upgrade to the new forum please let us know in this thread.

Thanks!

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

We're live! I know there are still little issues here and there so post them here.

Also the gallery is offline till Monday.

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Thanks for all the work involved in doing the upgrades Webby.

GK members, please be patient while the bugs are worked out. Please post all glitches you may be experiencing here so we can work out any problems. [​IMG]

4. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

nothing yet

been around a little and no bugs...

n c m

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

For now I think it works well enough for people to use it. I know there are little missing buttons or emoticons that don't show up here and there.

Known Bug: when you try to mark multiple unread PMs read at once you may get a redirection error.

Been staring at this screen for 11 hours now and got a breakfast to be to in the morning. Gonna crash. Add anything you find and I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon.

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Webby

Also interested if it seems faster (slower?). The forum is on it's own server now.

7. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

bugs huh??

So you gave me the mites :roffl:

8. Mrgreengenes

I thought you already had them. :roffl:

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

edit..

log in redirect is not working correctly.. you have to click on growkind link but you are logged in

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011
  10. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Yeah that, getting the same error.

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

currently active members button used to me at the top of the forum page where community is now and it was also at the bottom of the page above the names. The bottom is still there but the top is gone

Cheers

T6

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yup, Log-in redirect just got me at 7pm Sunday night.

We have video embedding! Yippeeee!!! Gonna scout around late tonight and see if anything else fun is new.

Thank you thank you thank you webby. Feel like it's Christmas dude!

13. Mrgreengenes

I got this info from Midnight Garden about a potential problem.

[​IMG]Midnight Garden [​IMG]

Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

:) :) :) :)

| My GK Garden | Join Date: Oct 2010

Rep Power: 26 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Re: Question about videos

Hey MR greenjeans, thanks for doing the youtube thing, I really appreciate it. I don't know if you are aware but if a user puts the entire youtube link between the tags it will cause the page to redirect to youtube, just something to look out for.

Thanks again!

14. Midnight Garden

Til too much spam

I saw that one of the features of the upgrade was to fix the problem with spammers. Well, there has been a lot of spam on here since the upgrade. I would suggest that if you take a look at what domains it is coming from that you will find tha majority of it comes from the .ru (russian) domains. I'd just block any site signups that originate from any .ru domain. It always worked for my old site.

15. Midnight Garden

I just tested this with a post in the smokers lounge. Instead of throwing you straight to youtube it just makes a white box with no video that keeps you on this site.

16. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

:popcorn-2:

17. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

I just went to add a photo to one of my albums, and it looks like I have no albums at all. I had four or five, and now I see nothing but the Add Album link. Pictures appear to be there, as they still show up in threads. Please find my photo albums.

18. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I went to the Photo Gallery and got this:

vBulletin Message

The GrowKind forum is down for a much needed upgrade. Please check back for updates. The upgrade could take up to 24 hours so please be patient.

2:00pm PST - Forum brought down. Upgrade completion: 0%

3:37pm PST - 25% complete

4:37pm PST - 30-ish% complete - database import running 1 hour now.

5:32pm PST - still waiting on database import to complete.

6:24pm PST - ...still importing. at the rate it is going there's at least another hour of importing left.

7:37pm PST - still importing...

7:57pm PST - database import complete! upgrade 50% complete.

8:35pm PST - software upgrade complete. template conversion and bug testing in process. upgrade: 75% complete.

8:51pm PST - forum upgrade 90% complete. now upgrading add on modules, gallery, etc. This may take some time.

Maybe it's just not finished yet. That last 10% could take days because of all the photos?

19. Midnight Garden

That's probably what's wrong AB, I don't even see a link to the photo gallery anymore, got to take a back road to get there.

20. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I was looking tonight and it appears there's a few limitations on the photos that need to be adjusted. Size limits and number of pics. Mine are gone too so rest assured we'll get it ironed out. I know MrGj is digging into the update settings tonight.