LED Lights

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by farmerted, Aug 20, 2012.

1. farmerted

farmerted Germinating

I was wondering what kind of success anyone has had in using LEDs for grow lights as either primary lighting or as supplements to MH/HPS lights. I'm thinking of using red spectrum LEDs for supplemental lighting with my HPS lights during flowering.

2. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

The only reason for using LED's is to keep heat down. Their penetration is very poor and no match for HID's.

3. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Yeah a few people experimented with them and i dont think they saw many benefits apart from what skuzz mentions.AlienBait put them to the test if you want some insight:thumbsup:

4. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

In my opinion, if you are growing one or two small plants, then maybe.

As for suplimental lighting for a HID, not worth the price.

5. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

I think induction lamp is much better than LEDs, with color temprature closer to that plants need to grow than others.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  6. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

I have some ideas on plants lighting and want to share with you, but I do not know how to say, because some of you may be very rude, which I can not accept. So I hope all of you are polite, please.

7. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Nope not going to happen.

Peace....

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Do NOT start pushing induction lighting on this thread! Ppl do not accept spammers (does that translate in dutch?) and you already have one foot in the grave, if you dig.

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Allright Susan, grow a set and speak yer mind.

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Talk to HappyHappyHighGuy he has used LED extensively for small scale micro grows and has good input on how they performed for him. I believe he is still using some of his LED lights. Dude grows dank herbs....

11. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

I want to know what should be talked about in this forum . Now I am really confused.

12. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Sue, Anything!!!!, but trying to advertisse your f**king Lamps.

You know, I though, well maybe everyone is tripping out... and your are not a spammer....So I went to your profile.....and checked ALL your posts...which was 10 at the time....

ALL it was Lamps.....lalalalla.....lamps.....lalala...Lamps....... and the name of the company that make them.... to me seems like ADVERTISING..

Comon...... Get on board..... and say something usefull, or helpfull, or maybe even share your grows with us, pictures, anything...but lamps.

One you do that, and we like you..... we will be nice to you.. from then on...

But until then..... your are just pissing us of....

So if you want to be part of our community.... Share something with us, besides talkiing bout those lamps.....

Atleast you gave us a thread, that we can post some funny shit on, and get a good mood out of it.... I give you props for that.... so far...

ok there....welcome aboard.. the GK Ship.....where we keep our decks clean......make sure you dont walk the plank. Admin lynching

UPDATE: I see you have edited the NEWS thread, and deleted the name of the company.....oooo do I see progress????......Try showing us your garden, or give your Honest oppinion on one of the GK thread, Im sure you got something intresting to say... Check out someones Grow Logs, and say what you think about it. People make these grow threads, to share with others, check em out.

:passsit:

13. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

We all are.

Peace.....

14. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Would you like some cake?

15. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

Thinking bout gettin a new led lamp. Technology has def improved since the UFO LEDs came out a few years. Induction is iight, but led is the future. I agree that the technology is not yet there to compete with the 1000w hps or mh. However these new LEDs aren't the ones you find on your Christmas tree...

NEG

16. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

WARNING: Im not advertising, I dont work for them, Im just discussing latest LED technology. :roffl:

Yes, I believe that the new Solar Storm and Solar Flare,are the strongest they have now. Seen them in High Times, all the time.They are very expansive and have a limit of range.

But its cool how they have a switch for Vedging mode, and then a Flowering Mode. Not sure whats the diffrence between the two.

Then an extra switch for UVB , to simulate a CFL light, which is cool for vedging plants. And its UVB light stimulates better trichome production during flowering. I believe, not 100% sure though.

O and its has a built in ballast, which is cool.

LED stay way cooler, making it perfect for Illegal grows, where heat is an issue, for things such as FLURing by a Copper Helicopters. Sounds good. And you probably dont need a Blower Fan, to cool, so less electricity. So just a oscillating fan, just to keep the airflow moving.

They are Half the Power of a HPS light. With same out put. So a 400w- will be as good as a 800w HPS. But Everyone who has one, says the range on it is terrible. And you can only put few plants under, even the most powerful one. Which is terrible for your money, unless you wanna get alot of em, and blow alot of money.

I guess the pay for themselves, after few grows. Because you save on electricity, and cooling. Just starting up, is a bitch, because of the cost.

They got a forum on there too, with lots of people posting their Weed Grows on there, which is awesome. To see if they are worth it or not.

And they said they got 100% money back guarantee, if you dont like there product, which i respect. And last time me and my buddie called. The dude was trying to give a deal for 2 for 1 special. Although, its still fucking expansive, no matter what price tag you throw at me.

:5eek:I cant beileve I just typed all that. I hope that helps, to guide people torward Alright lights, and not some cheap China made, BS.

Sue I hope you are reading this too. LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  17. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

Good info

Yeah I was planning on a 2 plant microscrog (paradise ice cream if any one was interested) so I think the led will be perfect for what I need. Anything bigger and I would stick with MH or HPS. Plus one nice thing about the led is that the hood, ballast and light are all housed in the same component. Makes a clean grow op if space is a issue.

NEG

18. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

Now,some days later, my plants have been grown well, so I am very glad to say the lamp I have used is very good. Thank you for your advising me to use this kind of lighting,indeed.

19. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

20. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

:F-A-Q: