harvest ready?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by ken420sara, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ken420sara

ken420sara Germinating

Just want to put the feelers out.....my outdoor crop is nearing harvest.

with that being said....my fan leaves and a few others are turning yellow and falling off. Trichome are milky. Still waiting for amber trichs. Just wanted to see if anyone knows if this is normal, the yellowing and dying of fan leafs. I grow outdoors in Southwestern PA.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  2. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

yes

t6

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

4. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

5. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

im nearing the last few wks myself here in michigan...all are different strains..bubba kush/trainwreck/sun queen (my own cross)/jack 47/big budxnorthern lights/fruity chronic juice/white widow...anyway aside from all having different dates of harvest what i usually end up doing is a double cut on each about 2wks apart..ill only take the top 3rd maybe half and wait 2wks before taking the rest down (weather permitting)...ill go in with my loop and check every flower ...determin how long on each plant and only make my cuts if that individual flower is ready...sometimes ill take half at milky trics and the other half when mostly amber just to have and try each to later take notes on which i liked for what reasons...all were cloned mid season and if i liked em i put em out again in force the following yr...but anyway your plants are doing what there sposed to be doing..ya might have some wks yet depending on how you like your high....maybe try the double cut so you can have some early smoke while you wait for the grand haul later??? good luck and happy harvest/s bro/

6. ken420sara

ken420sara Germinating

thanx all........just trying to be sure. Last harvest was the same...due to 5 plants being offspring of last years. But this year I have 3 different strains, purple haze, big bud, and skunk pink.

7. ken420sara

ken420sara Germinating

trichs

Ok...to start with last week I had 95% clear trichs....this week 95% cloudy....would it be safe to say in 2 or 3 weeks I should harvest?

8. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

3+weeks

I can't imagine Anything being done for at least another 3 weeks. even my early finishers are about halfway which means 3 to 4 weeks. unless you started flowers being them for 30 days inside before August 15th.

9. ken420sara

ken420sara Germinating

been growing outside since spring.....been flowering since mid August !How long is normal flowering period?

10. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

FUBAR THREAD !!!!

OD is definately not ready yet...Look in a farmer's Almenac and find our when the light cycle in your region was 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night....You may need a calendar and some scratch paper....

11. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Im in the same general area as you and i can say that most outdoor crops will not be ready for harvest until roughly the second to last week of September to the 2nd week into October.

And I'll add this.....

Out of all the outdoor crops i did, the one i let go into the end of the first week of October was the best stuff i grew. Couldve been the strain, who knows.

Good luck. And watch out for thieves.... they are the reason i havent grown in my backyard for 2 summers now.

12. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

depends on the strain

And where geographically came from has a lot to do with it to. I got some that start early and finish late some that start late and finish early. Just depends on where they come from The dominant genes anyway.

I know some plants will flower at 14 hours