LED light

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by noreastgrow, Dec 8, 2012.

1. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

Hey, so I know a few weeks ago there was a thread on LED lights that went no where. I am here today to give my few cents. Just bought a California light works 200w full spectrum solar flare.

First Impressions: pretty cool. Very bright - this one has 40 5watt leds. Puts out more heat in a small enclosed room then you would think. But the coolest thing is how little sound it emits - zero. So far I am happy with this light.

Can't comment on the growth it produces yet, but time will tell.

NEG

2. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Fuck Yes!!!!!!!!!! Now show me what you can do with that thing!!!!!!!

Btw, was it me?? who gave you a hint to look on the Cali Lightworks??? I knew some people would be intrested in what I said. Excellent :)

Does that thing have that side UVB light?

Lets see If it compares to a 400HPS..... and how many plants you can fit under that thing...

And remember....if you dont like it......send that thing back....and get your $$$ back.

Finnaly someone on GK is trying this...

3. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Great. Post up some pics and let's see this thing in action.

:popcorn-2:

4. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

I'm defineately interested in the results...

5. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

Solar Flare Update

So its been a rocky few months here with this new LED. For seedlings and early vegging these lights are worthless. The plants were growing but the internode spacing was soo small. Never seen anything like it. there was like no gap or growth between nodes. So i decided to pull the plug and swap out for some floros. This brought them out of that wierd growth habbit i mentioned before.

So about two weeks ago i decided to swap the solar flare back in. I had been trying to find out what would be the best height for the light. Did a bit of researching and started and 9 inches from canopy.

This is where i began to respect the power of this LED. Within four hours of running one plant had severe sunburn damage and the other mad minimal sunburn damage. Raised it to 13 inches. Waited. STILL had some sunburn damage occuring. Finailly i said fuck it and went to 16 inches. This seems to be an adequate height for this light. The plants are loving the light. I am seeing a slight decrease in internode gap space, but not as severe as before.

Defeinetly a lot stronger of a light then I originally anticipated it to be.

Also one thing i wanna mention to anyone thinking about using LED is choose your soil wisely. the soil drys down sooo slowly. I've only been feeding them once (maybe twice) a week. I'm using foxfarm organic soil but i think for my next grow I'm going to use something lighter that will dry up faster.

NEG