Nutrient formula using jacks hydro 5-12-26 and calcium nitrate 15.5-0-0

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Bje4201, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Hello y'all, just getting into hydro growing. I have everything I think I need but cannot find the ppm or tbs. per gal. For the nutes I bought. I have jacks hydro 5-12-26 and jacks calcium nitrate 15.5-0-0. I have a 7 gallon reservoir for a dwc system. Any tips/pointers would be helpful thanks

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

never heard of it man sorry do they have a website?

3. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Ya, I found the formula before I bought it. All I wrote down was 1.9G per gallon, and of course I can't find it again. I was hoping for some ppm and ph problems if any. I can do outdoor all summer long no problem, but am trying to stay supplemented through the winter. Hopefully I get this down ok. Oh, I bought it off of jrpeterslab.com if that helps any.

4. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

5. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Ya, I found the formula before I bought it. All I wrote down was 1.9G per gallon, and of course I can't find it again. I was hoping for some ppm and ph problems if any. I can do outdoor all summer long no problem, but am trying to stay supplemented through the winter. Hopefully I get this down ok. Oh, I bought it off of jrpeterslab.com if that helps any.

6. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Sorry about the repost. Thanks bro that helps. I remember reading that the guy using it had a 190 ppm but I've read so much crap I can't remember what it was. I just want to get my regiment down before I shell out a bunch of $ on seeds and stuff ya know

7. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Ok I found it. 1.9G jacks hydro, 1.5G Epsom salt, and 1.9G calcium nitrate. This is all per gallon. Apparently the ratio comes out 105-26-114. Does that sound right?

8. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Also, I got pea gravel for my net pots. I couldn't find any clay pellets, vermiculite and the like. Will they work ok?

9. noreastgrow

noreastgrow Super Dank Headies

just be careful mixing nutrients. putting the two together might not give you what you think you are getting (because they might be diluted at different ppms) like adding the 15.5.-0-0 to your 5-whatever-whatever wont necessarily give you a 20-blah-blah. Just like if you doubled the rate of a 10-10-10 that does not give you a 20-20-20.

and 105-26-114 makes no sense since the analysis can only go to 100%

NEG

10. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

That all just sounds sketchy to me.

But yes you can use pea gravel, I've used it many times

11. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Thanks, I mixed some of the jacks up and I have a couple Reggie beans germinating to try it out. I also went ahead and shelled out the money for some quality beans and some name brand nute. I got some gh ph kit and gh flora kit. I'm gonna see what the jacks does with the regular stuff and then do the gh with the good beans. Will what I got produce results? And thanks about the gravel.

12. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Thanks on the pea gravel. I ended up getting some gh flora kit and a gh ph kit. With a ppm tester, the jacks seems to have a serious ph drop over one day, and this is with no plants in it. Any way, here's my setup

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_02/image.jpg.912be5f0c8f1395a9af4afacc5d5ebe3.jpg

13. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

The jacks is a bust. I used it in some soil seedlings and it killed em. Waste of 20 bucks, lesson learned- buy the right shit first.