Dogs times nearly up...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by TheApprentice, Aug 13, 2013.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Ahhh fuck!:sad4: My Dad just phoned me there... Seems the Dog could be on its last legs. Wont know till 10am tomorrow once the vets ran blood tests and shit. Its looking like bowel cancer though:sad4:I say the Dogs 14 nearly 15 my Dad says its 13...but hes been saying ts 13 for the past two years:bduh: Its my Dog but when shit happened in real life my Dad took care of it and ,well hes 68 nearly and the 3 hours a day he walks the dog is good for him so i let it be. Seriously feel sad though,almost lost it listening to my Dad trying to hold it together on the phone. That Dogs been on MANY adventures with me over the years. Shiiiit the dog could write a bestselling book:roll:Only comfort is the fact im just back from a holiday and the Dog was there,i was taking it out with me for middle of the night strolls while smoking my blunts. Gonna miss the Dog. Hes been on his last legs for a while. Still healthy and strong but i noticed on holiday hes lost some of his spark cos he was always a hyper barking dog and now hes just quiet and mellow.I noticed he was looking quite thin near the hind legs though and the vet today told my Dad the same thing.Its a well trained dog and always waits for its long walks to do its busines but my Dadsays the past week its been howling to get out during the night which is weird.Been sick a few times too aswell as the runs. Just hope hes not in pain. Least i got to spend some good time with him among the hills,rocks and sandy beaches. Funny how sometimes we can get more upset about a dog going than real people. Gonna miss my Zorro:sad4:

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

/monthly_2013_08/DSC_0546.jpg.20b96f8ce626499dec99aba88d87124e.jpg

/monthly_2013_08/DSC_0553.jpg.d4c752f1fa3cd71b67bbcace3f185da4.jpg

/monthly_2013_08/DSC_0602.jpg.6271930b8e1627cab1efc5dc84a9cd69.jpg

/monthly_2013_08/DSC_0621.jpg.e81b29cf19646b9670ff5970bcaf34d0.jpg

/monthly_2013_08/DSC_0673.jpg.ecf41b1196e0da4b7e0e8b2f8f59a10c.jpg

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Sorry to hear that. Been there, done that. I'm on 4 & 5 as an adult and none past 8 yrs. You should feel blessed you've had him that long; he's led a good life, I'm sure. Nice lookin' dog :thumbsup:

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I feel for you TA. As I'm sure you know, my dogs are a huge part of my life. I love them as much or more in some cases than people. I lost my oldest dog at the age of 14 like 2 days before Christmas this last year. It was extremely hard to lose her. I took comfort in knowing that she did a ton of cool things with us like camping in the mountains, playing ins the snow, running in the waves at the beach and sleeping at the foot of our bed faithfully for years and years. Dogs give us a lot and don't expect much in return and I think that's why we form such strong attachments to them. They really do give truly unconditional non judgmental love.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Burning one for Zorro. They do burrow into our hearts Ap.

5. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Sorry to hear that TA. My 16 yo dachshund had a seizure the other day. It was scary as fuck, I held him in my arms while it happened and I thought he was dieing because I never seen anything like that before. The vet could not find a concrete reason. He seems to be fine now as it has not happened again. All the best man, it's almost like losing a child.

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Cheers guys. When i feel chokked i just think of the funny shit we done. I literally took that dog partying with me over the years. Few times he literally saved me from getting arrested cos when cops have swooped im like "just walking my dog officer":eusa_whistle: Although one time i was confronted while i was walking the dog and i wrapped the chain round the guys face and sadly me and Zorro got arrested. Kinda feel bad about that now. But we made bail once we sobered up:smoke2: He literally has been a good friend.A lot of people in my friends and family will be sad if and when he goes:sad4:

He spent his first month of life being taken around in the cleavage of an ex with HUGE tits. Cant say i n ever shared my shit with him:tvlaugh: To give you an idea of how well that Dog is known in my home turf. Even now when my Dad takes it out its walks he says cars pull over and people get out to ask how Zorro is LOL! Kids running up in the street to pet him shouting his name. Hes had a good innings though.Put it this way he was the youngest of 8 dogs and the only black one,the rest were all white with shaggy coats.Hes the last one standing with the exception of UrBigBuddies dog Ciara ,the sister. Even then from what UBB tells me Ciara cant barely walk and is on a shitload of good drugs. My Dad says if the dog dies hes coming down to stay with me for a bit cos its gonna hit him harder than me. The day i brought Zorro home as a pup my Dad freaked cos i walked in said "Dad iv got a Dog,can you feed it im away out" on a friday night drunk.He threw the Dog out the door as i walked out and we ended up with a bit of a confrontation. Funny how shit chnges.I asked my Dad for the dog back last year and his reply was "no way,we're too close now":rofl6:

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

sux, don't get a bandaid dog, they never turn out

8. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sorry to hear that bro.

:sad7:

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I sorta disagree. I got my 2nd pup right after I lost my 1st. I did unintentionally hold him to standards, but I had a lot of fun with him. I lost him 2 yrs. ago and miss him dearly.

Loss sucks, but the time you have together makes in worth it.

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

we got a bandaid once, it was a bad mistake. Dog was terrible and had terrible genes (backyard breeder) but at the time we were just looking to fill the whole that was left because we were devastated by our loss.

We just wanted someone to come home to you know, but the problems that came with out weighed the good

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

You went to a shitty source and that's why the dog had issues not because it was a replacement for a lost companion.

I say if you're a dog person and you love dogs and want one around then go out and get a new dog once the old one is gone. No need to wait unless you want to. That doesn't mean run out and get the very first dog you see from some shady backyard breeder that's selling inbred dogs. Get a nice rescue or take your time and look around your area for a reputable breeder.

For me when I lose a dog. My first instinct is to start planning to bring in a new member of the family. Not so much this last time because I had just had puppies. In the past though a new dog helped me get over my loss.

Everyone is different though. :passsit:

12. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Vet took all sorts of tests and to take Dog back once results are in and hes gave it something for now:jj:

13. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

he's not gone! don't replace him!

when my last dog died, I cried like a little boy for most of the day, when I could be alone. I comforted him when he was going tho - he passed into the next world thumping his tail. If you can be there with him when he goes, do it. My boy passed with a smile on his face, knowing I love him and that I was there right next to him.

14. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Damn,vet rang up and said his blood tests and shit indicate hes got no liver,kidney probems etc etc. So now the vets saying he could have a thyroid issue and need to do more tests. Life in the old Dog yet it seems. Although if my Dad says the Dogs not right then im inclined to believe my Dad. See what happens thogh,no news is good news:bong2:

15. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I'll say a little doggie prayer for your pup TA.

Best witches

Duc

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Got put down two hours ago:sad4: Hurtin like a muthafucka...

17. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Sorry for your loss my friend. :5grouphug:

18. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Bummer man.

19. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Cheers man. Even when you now summit might be round the corner it still doesnt mask the grief. Im going for a drink otherwise i'll sit here feeling sorry for myself. It had a good life and at least it got a good family holiday there with all the grandkids and shit. Nice goodbye. I knew i wouldnt see the Dog again after that but still took my breath away today out the blue when my Dad rang me. Its back legs were fucked and they reckon it had cancer.My Dad just said "put it down" and im inclined to agree. Fuck seeing the Dog stuck in the house ,eating only chicken for rest of its life and on tablets 4 times a day. No life for a Dog,well not my dog.It was one of those outdoors type dogs. Rather remember it in its element and prime than see it suffer in pain.Fuck it,its done:sad4:

20. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Sorry to hear that TA.