Back in the saddle again

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by friendlyfarmer, Aug 18, 2013.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

A blank canvas

[​IMG]

And the paint

[​IMG]

Thanks to the kindness of friends and the genius of Fusion, those are 8 little Lemon Thai cuts adjusting to their new digs.

:passsit:

2. DXE

DXE Moderator

When do we startI can see a setup similar to mine ( 2 tents) along that left wall. A work bench with shelves on the wall with the window would be awesome too.I would do false wall against the foundation (to help regulate temp and provide moisture barrier) and possibly frame over the floor to provide the same protections. The space on the floor can be lined with foam board.See picture of my buildout - a structure like that on the left wall would be awesomeBoth the 'dxe' and 'SpawnOfDxe' should be available to help out :) - Just give a shout... "SpawnOfDxe' is getting ready to break ground on her own grow..... I am sure she will call on you when she is ready to start :)

IMG_1788.JPG

/monthly_2013_03/IMG_1788.JPG.bb8bef48d6c7965ee8ba4a3e826b24cb.JPG

3. friendlyfarmer

Cool

Right on!

Off to dePot I go. Calling D&J :thumbsup:

4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Calling in the pro's I see. :jj:

:FAQ::roffl:

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

You have the room for one nice set up there! :popcorn-2:

6. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Are those T-8's?

7. friendlyfarmer

Yep.

I've got a 1000W MH that I've never really used because my previous space was too small, but I'm gonna use it now. For the time being I just found a convenient shop light.

8. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

how big is the space overall?

9. friendlyfarmer

9' X 12' but only 6' ceilings. Super low. I can't even stand up straight. But I gotta work with what I got.

10. friendlyfarmer

Stoned sore and tired

Yeah its a laid stone foundation. House was built in the mid 1800's, and that's how they did it back then. It's a 3 foot thick sieve :roffl: It hasn't rained much in weeks and that corner is still wet. Might be a spring or something.

I see a dehumidifier in my future :jj:

BTW headroom is only 5'7"! It really feels like a cave, especially now that it's closed in.

I got the outer walls framed and rocked. Tomorrow I'll frame the tents. Then wiring, plumbing, insulation, panda film, and then equipment.

Although I'd like to run tables, I don't have the height for it. So I'm thinking dirt. Also, by order of Mrs. Farmer, operating costs will be scrutinized so I'm only going to run one 600W HPS for flower, and instead of the 1000W MH , I'll go with flouros to veg, because they run cooler and I can get them cheaper than a small MH. I have one 6" fan for ventilation and cooling. Check out the weird little block room under the fireplace, with the ash door conveniently sealed shut. I'm hoping I can get away with venting into that creepy Spider Cave Hole From Hell.

I Hate Spiders :XXbazooka: :spider:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That is going to be so bitchin.

12. DXE

DXE Moderator

More Pictures!!!!!

Greetings

Nice work

I had similar issues with my better half watching the expenses - went with a t4 array for Veg - MISTAKE!!!!

Just not enough photons - the plants were easily 2 weeks behind what same strain under MH/600 looked like. As you know, I relegated my t4 array to mom storage.

That last picture is a chminey?? If so that will be perfect for exhaust air....

:coolbounce:

13. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

:laughing4:

:new_popcornsmiley:

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

NEVER put your drill w/battery on a concrete floor or any battery for that point, it sucks the life outa them and renders the battery unchargeable for life, then u gotta blow 100 on a battery......been there, learned the hard way

Room is guna be sick, if u do it right, you should be able to do like 2lbs a month outathat room

15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

True. Set it down a piece of wood. And it looks like you're about to lose a nice level.

Room looks good :thumbsup:

16. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

where's my popcorn...looking good so far

17. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

My grow area only has 6' of head room and thats why I decided to do a SCRrog.

It kept my plants under 4'.

:passsit:

18. friendlyfarmer

Are you serious?

Shit! I never knew that about batteries. Thanks for the heads up.

BR I gotta check out your setup. I have some significant limiting factors. I gotta watch the electric bill, and discretion is key as I will have service people to worry about. That is a guarantee.

Ofo that's a cool way to make pure water, no pun intended. I have an RO filter, but I'm sure I'll make a ton of water in the dehumidifier, which is the same thing right?

For now I'm limited by power. I can't run a ton of shit. I have to go with one 600W HPS for flower. But CC I'd like to hear what you would do. I'd like to set a realistic goal for a year from now, and build towards it. Two pounds a month sounds good to me.

For this run I'm thinking of The Resin Rubber Recipe in 7gallon smart pots?

Constraints - discretion, power usage, ceiling height and budget.

19. friendlyfarmer

what would you do

So what would you guys do? Two questions - first, how would you get the most out of the 600, and second what would be your ultimate set up given that space?

:read2:

20. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

You should be able to keep your temps in check fairly easy in the basement. My grow is the attic with A/C and this summer was quite an expensive power bill.

:flipando: