Clones in soil

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by BongRippa, Feb 12, 2014.

1. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Fabulous post. Im sure that's why the to the ezcloners work so well. stability of temps and RH.

2. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

Thanks for all the response and interest guys. Here's my clones, still getting the temp dialed in. As of now it reads 75* and a RH of 79% so im hoping im good. the meter only been in there for a couple hours and the RH keeps rising.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

well if i could please id like to say ive cloned quite alot into straight soil...but...what works best for myself is taking any soil to be used and toss in the oven on 400 for 45 min (preheat).....then i cut my clones rather long...maybe stems say 8in.....placed into cup of distilled water with clonex gel disolved in there...maybe half a teaspoon...let soak overnight and then (re-cut) the ends next day and place into semi sterile cups of soil...roots explode in 7 days.....so many ways to clone ...ive been taking cuttings from plants two wks into flower the last yr....i get wicked nasty branching out of the under developed bud sites that just blows the doors off reg clone cuts.....they root even faster it seems to me but non the less (monster croppen) is the new super clone tec...yeah even in soil...happy grow my freind!!!!

4. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I'd taken clones a few days into flower because the plants were getting big and bushy and the lower branches just weren't getting any light and they did ok as I remember. But a lot of people back then weren't really keen on it suggesting it causing hermie problems. I think genetics has more to do with the hermies than anything because I never had a problem with the good stuff. The only hermies I had was back when I was using bag seed.

Be Cool, CG

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

That's a great thread. But I have one little trick I used. I would put a clear cup inside the colored one and just pull the clear out every now and then to check for roots. when I saw a good root system I'd transplant. Worked well for me. Good luck!!

Be Cool, CG

6. BongRippa

BongRippa Full Flowering

A lot of great cloning tips going around..Giving me ideas to try next time around.

:bong-2:

7. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I've taken cuttings from flowering plants all through their flowering stage ( up to week 8) and have never had any issues at all. They do seem to root faster.

8. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Good info. Thanks LVS. I gotta take cuts from a flowering plants and was wondering.