Helping a vet on his dieing bucket list

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

So I know this guy was in nam, he got captured had bad things happened to him, he escaped and got back to a small village and they got him help back to a base. He's been fucked up for a long time, his son just died from a drug over dose and he's been drinking so much, we thought he would die when he stopped, but he did stop drinking and he looks good, so after a recent gun show we went to he asked me to get him some smoke, he's going to die soon and has a bucket list and is going from FL to Ca to see his mom and travel down the coast over there and other stuff after that. I don't feel right about selling him the weed, I am not a dealer, he deserves all the free weed he can get, but I'm not into giving all my stuff away.

What would you do?

How does this sound:...... I will give him a 1/2 oz to take with him and then I am going to tell him to stop in Co and get some legally and take that also. He can get enough there to probably last him the rest of the trip. I wished I could help him more, he's not my biggest buddy, but the poor guy has been to hell and back and is a straight up good ol'e guy. Not to mention I owe him a great thanks for fighting for our country most of all. Might sound silly but I feel I will never see him again. Guys like this should be remembered and have a chance to tell the world their story. It's a good one.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

If I could afford it, I'd give him whatever weed he needs. If not, work out a friends and family discount. He's dying and you can always grow more weed.

3. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Agreed. Your plan sounds perfect. A half zip for a mortal, non-GK toker will last a month! Especially of your fine smoke!

4. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

the man deserves whatever he wants.

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Why you guys think I smoke. :jj: A lot of vets smoke.

Yea I would give him the half and thank him for serving his country and have a nice trip! :redbong:

6. Justcheckingitout

Ok, I got it worked out where I can give him a zip and that will get him going. He's got the money (get's a decent military check and S.S) to get more along the way in Co, and then he'll be in Ca, so he'll be able to get more there.

Today is the day he'll be by and I really do feel this will be the last time I see him, it's sort of weird, This dude helped another guy escape when he did during the war and saved his life also, that's truly amazing to me, he's been shot, stabbed, and worse things.

A lot of people don't realize, you can pass a person on the street and you would never know what they did to help our country and fellow man.

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

hook this dude up!!! Id give the guy anything he asked for...minus a BJ:roffl:

But seriously, look him in the eyes and thank him for his passion and hard work for this life we get to live, applaud him for the struggle he goes thru...share your appreciation, nothing wrong with that ya know?!

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

What he said. well and the others. I'd give what I didn't need whether it's a half or full z. The second paragraph up top will go a long way.

Oh yeah....and feel good about yourself for helping him out. :thumbsup:

9. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

I work with a guy who has some crazy Nam stories. 3 tours. Imo , there hasn't been a war since where our soldiers went through that kind of shit. I'd hook him up.

10. Justcheckingitout

We have shooting guns in common, last time we went shooting, he was drunk and the range master was all over him, not going back behind the fire line during cold range, shit like that, but he's def sober now, last gun show we went to, we walked around and he's giving me all sorts of info on guns, the 12 gage pump shot guns they used on point during patrol, he said they would load them with buck shot, stories like that I will never forget. Then to have someone who has several medals for going beyond the call of duty and purple hart, (I think my brother said he had 3?) and he doesn't feel that killing two northern V.N. guards to save him and another guy to get free was anything other than something that had to be done or die and after years of torment after the war, can live with all that peacefully now at his age is mind blowing to me, since I never had to experience any of that because men like that already did it for me. I am truly grateful! I sure hope he lives long enough to make it back this way one day and we can go back to that range and have a blast again! :coolbounce: