Galaxy 600w select-a-watt HPS ballast

Discussion in 'Ballasts' started by ResinRubber, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Galaxy 600w HPS Select-a-Watt.

http://sunlightsupply.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/product/902517_Spec-Sheet.pdf

[​IMG]

Purchased by user at various locations. Average price $90-$120.

Would I buy again? Absolutely

Would I recommend? Yes

No need to go into what a typical HPS ballast is anymore. Any quality ballast should do what it's supposed to. That shouldn't be remarkable. The ability to switch from 400w to 600w is pretty standard fare too. (Although the negligible energy savings switching down to a 400 vs 600w boggles me. Why do it?) The Galaxy has a typical 3 year warranty, which I've never had the opportunity to use. Which also brings me to the reason for the review.

What is fairly remarkable is that I have 6 600w Galaxy's from both this model and it's previous generation. None have failed over several years of use and my gear gets thrashed around pretty good. Moves, garden tear downs, garden builds. Some have operated in ambient temps from -20F to 90F for months on end without fail. That they're cheap to boot makes it an easy buy.

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Great info.

AND it floats over your white table :roffl:

3. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I have had a 400w going for about 3 years, never had any issues. When I purchase another ballast it will be galaxy.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Repeat customers get the anti-gravitational feature for a small upgrade fee. Figured wtf, why not? That's all it did was hover there. Does nuthin' special for the weed but looks pretty cool huh?

5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Been running 2 galaxy 1 ks for about 9 months now.

No complaints at all. A good replacement for lumatek

6. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Resin the anti gravity feature saves on shelf space, I like it:alienwink::alienwink:

7. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Germinating

I also believe the anti-gravity feature helps keep the unit cool due to more air space :roffl: