Would you rather...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by jr215, Sep 25, 2014.

1. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

So after a discussion with a friend of mine, I have a question. Would you pass up the most potent bud in the world for bud with a better flavor and aroma?

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Something that used to piss me off when I started buying dro was listening to this dude go on and on about how good this smoke is, id buy a g for 25 bucks and smoke a whole joint of it, it tasted good though. I smoke for the effect. It could taste just like a whatever but if it doesn't get you stoned what's the point? Go buy a flavored cigarette for 6 bucks a pack. At the same time i don't want to smoke some harsh weed that taste like shit even if it does only take 1 hit

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

no, potency is where it's at.

you can flavor strains (which I am highly against) but genetics rule the day

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

My vote potency -Bud

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Its why we all strive to have the best of both worlds. I will take taste over potantcy because i am a one hit guy and hate shitty tasting weed. Usually good tasting weed is good potancy pot.

6. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Strawberry Cough is both tasty and potent! That's why I love to smoke it!

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

That's the truth. Nice strawberry soapy hash flavor. My chunky diesel is very similar with s bit of berry undertones. Doesn't look crazy triched up but man it's a good one.

I like potent tasty stuff.

8. Discorilla

By the way JR...

You have asked a perfect question for me to think about, because now you have me thinking of all the fun breeding projects I am starting up with some of these Tasty and Potent Monsters! My goal is going to be to make as tasty and potent of weed as I can simultaneously.

I have a Fruity Line in the works dedicated to EeVee and her Evolutions (Pokemon nerd).

There is also a Disco Line that will concentrate more on the Piney/Hashy/Diesel varieties.

It's going to take a while to stabilize them, but I know I'm working on both aspects because they are both important.

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Potent has to come first. I don't want to savor the flavor for 8 hits waiting to get high. But then, I don't want to take one hit then gag till I puke either.

I've always preferred smell over taste. 2 or 3 good puffs then the aroma of a top that's 3 days from harvest does it for me.

Be Cool, CG

10. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

I would give up a little potency for flavor and aroma but if it doesn't have both then it ain't for me.

What breeder do ya'll use for Strawberry Cough? Dutch Passion?

11. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Nice Diso. Sounds like you're on your way to greatness. Thanks for your answers. Rasganja and I were debating this a couple days ago. For me, flavor and aroma are great, but I'm not smoking a cigar. I want a good head change quickly. I'll find plenty of flavors in the kitchen when the munchies kick in.

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I want the entire experience. Flavor, stone, smell, aftertaste. That's why I grow. Would you limit yourself to straight everclear for drinking? Or only the most timid wine? People want combinations of all discernible facets. Same goes for weed.

Sharing a doob of Trainwreck is a bad choice for inexperienced tokers. It tastes strong, hits hard and wrecks your head. A nice blueberry is the order...smooth toke, uplifting high, not too strong, great flavor. But it's nice to have a head knocker in the cupboard too. All things in their place and time.

13. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

region matters here, sometimes people can get twice the value of a strain on the west vs east...what's in style matters.

sad but true

14. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I agree with RR, but if i had to choose it would be potency.

Im a big medical guy so if it is week it wont have the medical benefits either unless it is week because it has a lot of CBD and less THC and tastes good, then i wouldnt mind needing to use alot.

15. Discorilla

Nope, the cut I have is the cut that Kyle Kushman created. It's a 25% THC strain, that tastes kinda like Strawberry Milk to me.

Dutch Passion's has these genetics in them, but I have heard they lean more Indica than the true mother.

16. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Late to the game, but in my world potency comes first, then flavor and smell. I can toke catpiss or harsh diesel strains all day if they get me high. Weed that doesn't get you high is garbage. Maybe some commercial potential, but for this head I don't want boxed wine. I want everclear. I will worry about taste and smell but only if the potency is there. If it's not then out the door with that pheno.

For me potency is necessary but not sufficient. A good strong strain that tastes like shit won't get another round in my gardens either. I let go of a good White Rhino strain because of this. Was harsh and smelled like burning tires.