Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by DaBurner420, Sep 26, 2014.

1. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

When attempting to log in under "incognito mode" or using a proxy server, I am unable to successfully log in 90% of the time. It will say I successfully logged in but then shoot me to the log in page again.

Any similar experiences out there? Solutions? Thanks.

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

It's because of the proxy and you not clicking the remember me box.

3. DaBurner420

I was able to log in both ways without the remember me box. I just used the box with the proxy server and it won't let me in. I'm currently incognito, the 1/10 times I can get in. Rather be using a proxy.

4. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Proxy? Incognito? wtf? Should I be worried about something?

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Then maybe it's something new with the google chrome incognito browser. never had that in the past though i just use strictly proxies and TOR depending. The incognito browser blocks some cookies and also blocks browser history. Incognito does nothing for you besides keep things from showing up in the address bar when typing URLs really to be honest. you can still find the other traces. Not worth your time unless you hop on someone else's comp and they have chrome just because they probably won't be looking through everything afterwards.

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just checked my preferred proxie and Chrome incognito. No problem. Many members run through an anonymous proxie with no problem. The only headache is when members use the same proxie IP. Rare, but it happens. Although it doesn't have an effect on the user experience...the only headache is we end up having to check if somebody is using multiple memberships. A GK nono.

Gotta say at this point, methinks the problem is on your end. Might start by checking access permissions or cookie settings in your browser.

7. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Its because you visited the site went didnt close window.

If you put in log in the go to another site then come back you are atill logged on. If you close that window youll have to relog on

8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I noticed if i use private browsing i can not download pics on threads from my phone, different issue but i think its that apple software. Sucks because i have to download pics to computer then Download on site.

9. DaBurner420

I use incognito on my phone because others may have access to it. At this time I don't have a prob logging in while incognito. Still having probs with the proxy server. Maybe it is my browser, newly updated chrome beta. I'll screw around with proxies and browsers and report back.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:coool: let me know how things work out. Want to log this one to refer to in case something similar pops up with another member.

Thanks man,

11. DaBurner420

Here is what I found. I've tried multiple online proxy servers using the latest Chrome Beta browser without being able to log in. Logging in under incognito was a dice roll. I switched to Firefox and now I have no issues logging in under "private browsing" or using different proxy servers, including both simultaneoulsy. So the issue was basically the browser. Thanks everyone.