Ebola WTF

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Lol nippie could be

2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Well... mother fucker! I feel pretty dumb right now. LOL not sure why I had WNV AND EVE confused in my head. Probably should have read the article again. Note to self don't rely on memory so much.

As for the armed guard question. They had sheriff's office staking out the apartment because those people directly exposed to him and who were cleaning up after him after the confirmation of Ebola on multiple occasions those people left. The precaution there isn't because the people may had contracted it and aren't actively infected it's because of uncertainty of the duration of viability on inanimate things. Their clothes and everything are subject to contamination at that point from contact with any infected body fluids like him vomiting and such. How long it can remain viable is still questionable. Just a precaution. And one confusion with the fear is airborne transmission. No it can't truly aerosolize it's too large for one thing. But you could cough and spit up some fluids and whatever it lands on is contaminated. Puke is pretty good at splattering.

I think more will come. I simply do not believe it will be like Africa. Though it is my fear that perhaps this or a scenario like this could be the brilliant attacks ISIS has said they were just b recently ready to execute. Like a new wave of suicide missions. Instead of bombs strapped to them they infect themselves then fly under the radar during the incubation period. Because how in the hell do you prevent such a thing? All it would take is finding some highly impressionable people to convince to do so. That's what's scary to me. Though I hope that's just a movie plot in my mind. Though not impossible by any means.

3. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I have mirrors attached to my glasses.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Skunky..no need to feel stupid we all do it but see now you are thinking. If there was no risk of this spreading there wouldnt be gaurds. Now take that line of think and apply it to a door knob..or luggage carousel at the airport.

No one knows what it will do.

What if someone takes Tylenol to break the fever and gets on a plane?? They land and next thing you know a true outbreak.

I the people infected now will survive but we need a travel ban so we dont get worst case scenario.

Any like history? ?? Europeans lived with small pox for centuries. ..then we came here with it. Ask an Indian what small pox did to the native population if you can find one

No need to paranoid but cautious actions have kept us out prison this long, so no need to change the way we think

5. nippie

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-officials-meet-flight-passenger-shows-ebola-symptoms/story?id=25965383

A United Airilines flight from Brussels was met by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials today at Newark Liberty International Airport after a passenger on board believed to be from Liberia exhibited possible signs of Ebola.

The passenger was traveling with his daughter on United Flight 998 and both were removed from the plane by CDC crew in full hazmat gear.

The passenger suspected of possibly having Ebola was taken to University Hospital in Newark for further evaluation. Upon his arrival, the emergency room there was not accepting any other patients for four hours.

A senior federal official said the passenger was exbihiting "flu-like symptoms."

According to an official briefed on the situation, preliminary information was that the passenger was vomiting on flight but did not display most of the other symptoms.

"He's now being treated with protocols as if he has it, but no clear indication at this point that he does," the official said.

Other passengers remained on the plane while the sick passenger and his daughter were being removed.

After they were off the plane and it was determined he was not contagious, the rest of the passengers were allowed off, a source with knowledge of the situation told ABC News.

"Upon arrival at Newark Airport from Brussels, medical professionals instructed that customers and crew of United flight 998 remain on board until they could assist an ill customer," the statement said. "We are working with authorities and will accommodate our customers as quickly as we can."

6. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

If you click on the link you provided, the headline is now this: "Passenger Who Showed Possible Ebola Symptoms Does Not Have Disease." The media will keep digging for that story, and people will keep eating it up.

7. nippie

you correct but it shows how easy it can come here. the american doctor that was cured is now back in the hospital.

8. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

....because his immune system is weak and he probably has an upper respiratory infection.....Am I reading a different internet, because that took about two seconds to find and read....

:danger:

:roffl:

9. nippie

:rofl6:

I'm sure that has nothing to do with Ebola though right, this isn't a secondary infection because of the virus.

How many times in your life have you randomly gotten pink eye??

And I'm sure if you read the internet for more than 2 seconds you would realize he's in isolation because they don't know.....you know that whole risk vs reward thing:thumbsup:

I don't why the CDC just doesn't read the internet :jj:

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Crisis mode is tiring. It sells news, allows government open reign to more forcibly enter our lives, gives people a reason to feed more $$ into the system devised to "protect" us from the crisis du jour, keeps people focused on immediate concerns rather than any underlying flaws.

Allowing crisis thinking limits apparent options, creates unrealized threats, forces persons to operate from fear over knowledge and.....distracts. It really is a very good tool.........unless it's being used on you.

11. nippie

allowing this puts us in crisis mode, simple travel ban would nearly eliminate any chance of it coming to the states, britain and france stopped flying there along with a few other countries

doesn't cost a thing, easy solution to the problem.....the only reason we have done this is for political reasons

12. nippie

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/08/ebola-patient-dies-texas-thomas-eric-duncan

Thomas Eric Duncan, the first patient to be diagnosed with Ebola outside Africa since the current outbreak began, died on Wednesday, the hospital that was treating him in Texas announced.

“It is with profound sadness and heartfelt disappointment that we must inform you of the death of Thomas Eric Duncan this morning,” the hospital said in a statement.

“Mr Duncan succumbed to an insidious disease, Ebola. He fought courageously in this battle. Our professionals, the doctors and nurses in the unit, as well as the entire Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas community, are also grieving his passing. We have offered the family our support and condolences at this difficult time,” it said.

------------------------------

Wonder what the hell are they going to do with the body....another off note, CDC finally admitted Ebola could get airborne :flipando:

13. ResinRubber

Precisely. Now ask, "what am I not paying attention to while this is happening?", or, "what is happening to alleviate this crisis that I wouldn't otherwise agree with?"

Some things are what they appear to be. Most things are probably. Problem is when a government, any government, is involved there are agendas at work. Without fail, it's inherent in sociopolitical systems. So our part, as those being governed, is to be skeptical of all things stemming from any sociopolitical system. Especially when it's a crisis.

My take on this? Some third world African continent corrupt governments are going to reap hundreds of millions of dollars for healthcare system improvements. Many, if not the bulk, of those dollars will fall to corruption with a few people getting very very wealthy. Why? Who are they? What are their alliances? Maybe it's all very innocent? Could be....but I'm a skeptic.

14. nippie

nope, you are right RR.

they'll need roads and hospitals etc built to combat ebola over there.....but same as here politicians decide on who is getting contracts. And politicians decide that by who's giving the biggest kickback

Only difference is our Gov is the Mother Mary compared to most of the African govs

15. ResinRubber

There are days when I have my doubts.:passsit:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  16. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

That's every single day for me... :passit:

17. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

More days of doubt for me than confidence

18. ResinRubber

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/11/07/obama-asks-gop-congress-for-ebola-funds

Ding ding ding ding....that's the dinner bell for corrupt African governments and US medical contractors lining up for a piece of this one. You guys were wondering why we didn't close travel or enforce quarantines? Here's your answer.

Do you think US citizens would give half a fuck about Ebola if it were contained to the African continent? Or how about enough of a fuck to spend $6.18 billion whopping fuckin' US dollars so contractors can get fed, a few third world government swindlers can get bribed to retain US influence and the President can claim he's actually doing something positive to "keep our citizens safe" while getting away with it?:wtf?:

A big heaping steaming pile of manipulated bullshit. That's all it is.

Notice how much of the funds aren't even to specifically contain or treat Ebola. Defense gets a cool $112 million :eusa_eh: (defense always gets in on a payday), FDA gets another $25M (because they do such a good job with safe drugs), the US Dept. of International Fuck-em in the Ass (U.S. Agency for International Development) hauls in $2 billion....BILLION! And that's without a whisper on how it gets directed. Just a directive with little to no accounting oversight. Pretty neat trick huh?:pimp:

Then $2.4 billion seems to fall in the lap of the Department of Health and Human Services and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Seems our domestic agencies wouldn't need such an infusion......IF ONLY OBAMA HAD ENACTED A QUARANTINE.:BangHead: or closed the motherfuckin' travel:BangHead::BangHead:

So really, nothing is being done except $$ changing hands. Bidness as usual and nobody notices as long as Twitter/snapchat/FB or their fleshlight/vibrator (equal masturbatory rightist here, versus a masturbatory leftist which would be communal in nature) breaks down.

yay USA.....kind of.....maybe......ahhhhh fuckit :bong2:

19. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

:roffl: awww shit Res I wonder what ole' Hunter S. Thompson would have to say if he were alive and 25?

20. ResinRubber

"Lizards"