Venture into BHO, or not? Playing with washing machine hash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by CCrete, Jan 19, 2015.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You ain't been paying attention to all our bho threads? The Cali tubes are good, but a cat like you could fashion up something equally effective for less $$. How much material are you wanting to convert?

Skunkpharmresearch.com is about the best site for info on extracts. If you want the basics, ask away. There's a few of us here who can keep you steered right.

3. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I consider these the basic items:

Extraction tubes or soaking containers.

Pyrex baking pans - I prefer the round pie pans (no corners)

An electric griddle

A vacuum pump and chamber

A point n shoot thermometer

Parchment paper

Zip ties

Coffee (or whatever) filters

Various plastic cups, buckets, funnels, etc. for getting the material into the extraction tubes.

A fan if doing the initial purge indoors.

A gram scale.

Basic process - stuff the tubes, blow the butane through into pyrex dish, boil off liquid butane on griddle, purge oil for a few hours on griddle, scrape onto parchment paper, place into vacuum for as long as you can take it. Test. :redbong:

I highly recommend Resin Rubber's threads on this topic. Especially the video one. Great video.

4. CCrete

in all honesty, id rather just buy a setup, my time is so limited right now to do a DIY thing and source the parts...plus im having some bulging disc issues that are slowing me down right now

But....I have about 4-5lbs of (dried buddage)(not sure what that equals to in trim weight) trim that I wanna make better use of from here on, that's every month or less

5. CCrete

video?

6. ResinRubber

Hear you on the buy it part.:passsit:

If you're talking about 4lb runs every month, you'll be going through butane like a motherfucker. Get one big enough to learn with but don't break the bank. If you find a bho niche and have that much trim, a closed system to retain butane is going to be your next step and you'll be laying out pretty big even on a DIY Terpenator style.

Now you know I likes my oil and I don't want to deter you CC, but we went a different route for months of larger harvests. Big run BHO is expensive time consuming stuff. So we went out and picked up a small portable washing machine off craigslist to do ice water hash ala' Matt Rize.

http://medicalmarijuana.com/how-to-make-hash-ice-water

The video...it's out there just like a thousand others.:redbong:

7. friendlyfarmer

8. friendlyfarmer

Check this out - the two pounder looks perfect and actually is kind of affordable. This is what you really want.

http://bhogart.com/product/2-5-lb/

[YOUTUBE]/aR--J3Xiig0[/YOUTUBE]

9. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

How much is that thing

10. friendlyfarmer

According to the website $2,700. That thing is slick.

11. CCrete

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=CbA55NhT67M[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  12. CCrete

Ever seen one of these setups?

I was looking for the zipper bags for the washing machine and came upon this thing, seems legit but I dunno if its enough

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=CbA55NhT67M[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  13. CCrete

Nevermind, im going to buy a new washing machine tomorrow

Fuckin right Res...right on with the info, makes my life waaaay easier and safer than BHO in the quantity that id have to perform and cheaper than hell to get the return and quality:passsit:

14. ResinRubber

That's what it's all about, ROI. My crowd is older and BHO just don't ring their bell. If I had a market it'd be a no-brainer to spend the $$ to be pumping decent BHO out and crushing the black/brown garbage I see the local kids passing around. If ya got the niche, go for it. If not, it ain't worth the effort on a large scale.

I'll post up a pic of the machine we picked up later today.

15. CCrete

Im the same with my crowd....although im mid thirties, my circle is all 45+

it sounds weird but unless you have a nice car and decent house & job, you cant afford me, lol....younger = trouble that I don't need, im sure you know what I mean

Im on my way down to a local "brand new" but scratch and dent wholesale place to pick up a cheap washer, I got 2 old ones but why risk the product...probably got around 10-12lbs of trim to run thru it asap

Ive also read that I can just use a delicate garment bag for my "in washer" bag???????

16. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

EmoTek Obe... best extractor around...

17. CCrete

I saw $27k???

Not bein a dick but dayyyyum!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  18. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Hmmmm, me think me stay with bubble.

19. ResinRubber

Nothing against the 'Tek Stash...but most of us can't roll that big, again it's ROI. At $27K the EmoTek Obi is something that has to be used all the time to make sense of the cost. Hauling it out twice a month ain't gonna cut it for ROI.

I ordered one these for the wash. No idea of quality since they haven't arrived yet.

[YOUTUBE]aFllQKbf2ds[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.wackywillysweb.com/proddetail.php?prod=WZS.

They have larger sizes too.

20. CCrete

I did my first run last night with the washing machine and grabbed 15 grams of blonde....washing machine is a bit extreme for me tho...I need something smaller....Guna grab the bubble magic 20 gal setup tonite. Washer is Goin back today!