Just Checking In

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nuggnester, Feb 16, 2015.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

What's up fellas. Just wanted to give a quick update on how the restaurant biz is going. 2 and a half years in biz...and man has it been tough. Just had the baby 9 weeks ago...too. Well Janurary and February hit...and I figured it'd be another slow ass two months of NOT paying off bills...last year we did 10k in Jan and Feb each. Chicken scratch. Well this year we did 17 in Jan and we are on pace to do about 19-21K for Feb. FINALLY. Did it. 28 years old with a successful restaurant. We are extending hours...getting ABC license...music on Saturdays...the works. We plan to start knocking down walls to renovate our current space hopefully within a year...as long as these new hours roll out goes as planned and we bank. We have been #1 on Yelp for over a year now...will be recognized as one of the best restaurants in VA for the second consecutive year via VA Living mag...and are starting to get that "snowball rolling downhill" feeling. Feels so great...almost lost my relationship of about a decade over it.

word of advice...don't work with your wife. It's a recipe for disaster. As soon as I got her pregnant and she was FORTUNATE enough to be home and not have to work...her whole personality/mood/hormones changed. We have never been better. She will remain outside of the daily grind of the restaurant forever hopefully unless we fall on hard times.

Hope everyone is well. Hold your loved ones close.

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Congrats on the Baby and the business, Nugg. Restaurant is one of the toughest to make a go of it in and glad to see it is ironing out well for you.

Glad that snowball is rolling the right way for you.

BBT

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Slammin it. Way to build a nice life Nugg.

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Right on man may the force be with you!

5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Good for you man! And a woman at home taking care of the baby is a great mom! Dont be afraid of helping changing poopie pants, its not bad when its your own kid. :smokin:

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I got to say, it's nice seeing a person living and working there dream. :bravo: :not-worthy::not-worthy::not-worthy:

7. nuggnester

Thanks guys. Yeah I love my new life. .

Been changing a lot of poopie diapers. Not sure what all the big fuss is about. Takes me one minute.

8. nuggnester

Anybody going to the WSOP in Vegas this year? Let's meet up and burn one

9. ResinRubber

Mustard yellow that fills a onesie. Yuck!

10. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Sure is nice to hear good news for a change.. congrats man!

11. nuggnester

Annnnd on that note ends the good news. Found out today I have a perirectal abcess on my rectum. Going in for surgery tomorrow. 28 years old and already having surgery on my ass. Sweeetlife

12. ResinRubber

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

How did they find that? Was there some type of symptoms? At least going to the doc now days they dont cut more than they have to. I know thats not much help but catching things eairly is better than later. Hope the best for ya!

14. nuggnester

Yeah...gerbil...*hangs head*

I have been in severe pain (increasing each day from a 1-5) since Tuesday. Symptoms started on Sunday. Feels like the end of my anus is in a vice grip.