Calcium deficiency? I'm not so sure

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by ducrider, Jul 15, 2015.

1. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

The girls are three weeks in and several of them are showing text book signs if a calcium deficiency but I'm not buying it. They've been given cal-mag at the end of veg and again two weeks into flower as well as a few waterings with molasses as well as epsom salt. What believe is happening is an over saturation of potassium from the ph up I'm using (potassium bicarbonate) which in turn is causing a Ca deficiency. Is more cal-mag the solution here is a flush in order? What say the collective??

My water out of the tap or the R/O ressy is 4.7 & I've been adding approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons per 5 gal of water, twice that when adjusting water/ fishferts.

I'll post up a pic or two later this evening

Thanks

Duc

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

how much calmag did you use? if you used 5ml per gal like the bottle says you are supost to use it every time you water, once here and there isnt enough

3. ducrider

Thanks Greenjah!

Yup, I've been using 1 tsp/gal per the instructions on the bottle but you're correct that I've not been following their schedule. I was thinking that the dolomite lime & Epsom salt I amended the promix with would last longer than it did. I also didn't want to discount the possibility of this being caused by an excess of Potassium from the PH up I've been using..

Sounds like and looks like I just need to follow the schedule and get on top of the Cal-mag... I'm heading to SC for a few days so I'll dose em up before I shove off for the weekend & hopefully come home to a happy garden :redbong: :redbong:

cheers

Duc

4. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

Any change after giving more cal-mag?

5. ducrider

Oh yeah, the cal-magic rocked em & the girls are looking fine:thumbsup:

6. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

Awesome:thumbsup: