Hell's Angels Protest Marijuana Legalization

Discussion in 'Cannabis Politics' started by GrassNGlass, Oct 28, 2015.

1. GrassNGlass

GrassNGlass Germinating

Now that Trudeau's the PM in Canada, the Hell's Angels have started protesting marijuana legalization claiming it's going to put them out of jobs. Any government officials tempted to get out the world's tiniest violinist may want to hold off - the Hell's Angels are saying that less jobs means more violence between competing motorcycle clubs.

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Its a rough life in the club, the top of the chain isn't hurting for cash by no means :dink: They changed their ways a while back to keep under the radar. There are meetings with other clubs to try to keep cops off everyones back, courious if the Canada chapters have the green light on the uproar. Would cause internal blood shed if not.

3. GrassNGlass

GrassNGlass Germinating

Yeah, it's a serious concern that Parliament will have to address. It's just funny that they put the sympathy for organized crime at the forefront of the protest and the ominous, impending violence almost as an afterthought!

4. GrassNGlass

GrassNGlass Germinating

Actually not such a serious concern after all - I just read that it was a hoax posted to several "news" sites.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

My local 81 doesn't seem to have much problem with $$. The idea that the H/A would take to a political solution, thereby giving credence to something they inherently abhor (the "system"), goes against everything I've ever learned about 1% clubs. So no surprise it was a hoax.

:passit:

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I'm fighting legalization n my state, only because it's monopolized not legalized. Fuck giving billions away to the rich

7. Justcheckingitout

I know more than a few people in several chapters around Fl, OH, and the real old timers from NE when the club expanded there many years ago. I was invited to different club houses for parties and our band has had many chapter friends come hang out, fuckers always drank all our beer!! Lol. The show the old ladies gave was well worth the beer. I always had to respectfully decline our band playing any club houses. (I could see the singer fucking up and our shit getting trashedd) Made some good friends that if you just mention their name people will bend over backwards and kiss your ass. Its called "being under the watch" of one or more members. Good friends to have in time of need but god forbid you piss one off, then you've pissed them all off and no one's going to save you. Really most are decent guys, some well....I dont want to piss off anyone. :pimp:

8. GrassNGlass

GrassNGlass Germinating

Are you in Ohio? I just read that Issue 3 failed and after reading examinations of the initiative (like this one on Leafly) I don't blame you for voting against legalization. Congratulations to Ohio for having higher standards!

9. Justcheckingitout

This is the exact but worse set up Fl is going for next year. No one can grow at home and only certin number plant farms with 30+ years in business can grow. But here is my take, I will still be illegal but at least more people who need the meds can legally get it. Its a win/no win deal. Most states blame other states for allowing people to grow way more than they need but shit the small guys need to make cash too along with more people getting meds also. The greedy bastards in OH and Fl politics that wrote the bills to vote on all have their hands and bank accounts open. Thats the shame in it.

10. nippie

Flo didn't have shit on ohio. Making free medicine was prison 1-5...but ro could sell all day. Even med dispensaries weren't allowed to make profit, bit ro selling to med dispensaries were. Fuck nick lachey...greedy ass 2nd rate boy band bitch. I've been in the trenches for years, he thinks he can come in an swoop up the rewards.

A handful of us got the message out, a handful, every news story we were there...I'm proud to say I fucked the man. Our politicians have heard us, they are crafting med bill as we speak. I will be part of that.

While I believe it should be out legal, patients should come first. Look at bb here, if anything....he deserves every option he can find. If ro would have passed pricing would have been outrageous...because people would have been to scared to do shit. .....they actually called anti deal or amendment because they were going to stiffen laws against everyone but them. Literally things that aren't even crimes in ohio would have become felonies

11. nippie

I will add, I'm going to have a hard time ever supporting norml again, they sold us out in ohio. While locals held strong, national sold us out...for a seat at the table and a feather in their hat

12. Justcheckingitout

my friend just got out of a 8 year prison deal in OH for growing, he never even had a speeding ticket. Its really fucked up here in the US. Most of us thought in Fl that we were going to get a decent deal and us little guys fought hard to get votes and the Bill was against us and they were trying to make light of the state and a few people making all the money. I dont think it will pass next year here either. Either way I will be growing. Live free or die still holds true for some of us.

13. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

In Ct they limited to 4 growers or producers and 6 dispensaries. Thats it for entire state. Talk about monopoly.

14. nippie

8 years in ohio....did dude have a warehouse. hell theres a presumption of probation for under 20000 grams for first time offender

you gotta be pumping out like 100 lbs a month to get a sentence like that around here. That's why legalization was shot down, we were the first to decriminalize marijuana. Just under a quarter pound isn't even a crime...100 grams is MAX $140 fine...max...you can't even go to jail, it's just a ticket, not matter if you get that ticket daily, it's still just a ticket.

BB, yea we aint making that mistake here. Hoping we have something together by spring, which is really within reach. We are a conservative state....but trump card....same as I pointed out to a couple senators, do you want bernie fans coming to the polls to vote on amendment and presidential election. or do you want to keep those guys at home and happy with a medical bill. They finally understand they will lose control of the state if something isnt done. Medical polls in the high 80's % in Ohio, recreational is stuck at about 50%

15. Justcheckingitout

He got 5 years mandatory min for just over 100 plants and another 3 mandatory min added for some BS and a year added for something else. They threw his wife in prison for 5 years and she was the sweetest woman, now its a different story. I raised so much hell calling peole up there I almost got in trouble. I tried petitions, calling the gov office, tried the president pardon deal, dont call the judges office, I learned that. That mother fucker let my buddy set in jail the last christmas he filled his second appeal and he was granted release but judge sat on file till mach of the next year. What a dick. I offered to let him stay at my place till the statue of limitations ran out but he didnt think they were going to throw his wife in jail but judge re nigged on deal. She went n thinking she was going home and 5 years later that happened. Thats another reason I hate the laws they got. Too much time for a non violent offence.

16. nippie

damn, thats harsh

17. GrassNGlass

GrassNGlass Germinating

Yeah, man, these stories are infuriating. But I think it makes it so much more important that Ohio stood their ground and told the greedy scumbags to come back with a better bill and don't come back at all.

18. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

I second that. It's a plant not a bomb.

19. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

your insane for sticking your neck out there with what u got jamming...nooo way jose