Scrog revisited

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by mytwhyt, Jul 29, 2016.

1. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

Why does a scrog screen work so well, when it works?.. I can't link to any proof, but I feel it must be because after the first ten days all parts of the plants above the screen draw on their genetic code.and grow at the same rate and speed... Granted those closer to the center grow a little bit more... Usually not much more..... I also continue to pull the ones that seem to still be in veg mode back down and redistribute further out in the screen as needed... During the first ten days of flower i don't let any branches get more than a few inches above the screen.... After that there is very little uneven stretch....

The first plant up is a Blue Mystic.. I had big time stretch in flower with BM last time, 24-30 inchs... I'll be ready with a second screen this time, if needed..

Still using only FloraNova bloom.. and a little silica... That's the only thing it doesn't have..... Can't get the pics in order.. Lucky to get'em posted

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Beautiful looking plants mytwhyt. What's your average yield per plant and how many watts of LED are you running per square foot? Can't wait to see how these finish up!

3. mytwhyt

Actually that's only one plant... It's under one of my SS 315 watt lec mh lights... The bleed over blurple light is from an Advanced DS 200 led ,185 watt draw .. There's a 5 gal coco/perlite Master Kush under that led...Another MK is in the closet under a second SS 315 watt lec. I'll post each lights scrog screen separately to keep from mixing up the screens, and myself.....

Yield mostly depends on strain, and how it's grown.... this light will give a gram a watt in good scrog screen, in a rdwc setup.. There is a BM in a waterfarm in this thread..... https://forum.growkind.com/forum/cul...e-2-waterfarms... The two waterfarm plants together yielded 1.15 grams per watt.....8 oz on a 430 watt hps in coco/perlite..... The led was 6 oz

I'm sure the yields will be a little less with the coco/perlite...i water 1/2 gal at lights on, and and 1/2 gal before lights off.. i get about 1/2 pint runoff at lights out and its gone in the morning..... I mix up 5 gals at 1/2 the recommended strength.. After using 2 gals to water, add back 2 gal. of PHed water... I use that without anymore dilution for the next 2 days.... I adjust depending on the plant..

You can see why i'll be needing a second screen soon... I'll try to slow faster growing branches by pulling them back down till the slower ones catch up a little...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  4. mytwhyt

IMG_3116.JPG
    This is the BM still stretching, been feeding silica so she may not need the extra screen...

IMG_3117.JPG
    A Master Kush under a 315 lec... Not growing near as fast as the bm....

My first pics don't seem to have made it to the new site......

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

amazing scrog MW.

Yeah, old pics are stored in a different directory. There'll be a sticky soon explaining how to access old albums.