A couple of Killing Fields and a Sannie's Jack

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by OldSmokey, Aug 27, 2016.

1. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I guess it’s about time for my first grow log, actually more of a “grow-retrospective.” This was my first try at a scrog and the first time using CO2. Also the first time I’ve had decent control of the temp and humidity.

That’s a Sannie’s Jack on the left, along with two Killing Fields. I had more trouble with cloning than I ever have had, with the KF in the middle taking two weeks longer than the others to root. The plants didn’t get topped, instead when they were about 6” tall, I tied the tops down for 9 days and let the side branching take over. I was surprised at how well this worked.
    [​IMG]

One more tuck and it will be flip time. The largest plant vegged for 41 days,
    [​IMG]

By 8 days, the screen was pretty well filled up.
    [​IMG]

At two weeks.
    [​IMG]

After 30 days of stretching, it was starting to look like they had vegged a bit too long. And maybe not been defoliated enough, like not at all.
    [​IMG]

I ended up with a stalk right under the light, with nowhere good to put it. So it got left there to cook. It was real clear just how close too close was.
    [​IMG]

Somewhere in mid-flower, I mixed up a batch of nutes that was too hot. I distinctly remember seeing 1670 on the ppm meter and thinking, “It’s a little high, but it should be ok.” ( Duh, NO!) The KF had a few burnt tips, but the Jack didn’t fare so well, crisping about a 1/3 of each leaf. I won’t be doing that again.

The KF on the right side had a little problem with roots trying to plug up the drain fitting, so I just had to poke around with a piece of wire to free things up. A couple of days later, the bucket’s drain water had a root rot odor. I flushed the plant daily with H2O2 and pH’d water for about 2 weeks and got it under control. After each flush, I’d add about twice the normal amount of nute water in an effort to restore the nutes in the bottom of the bucket.

The roots didn’t seem too root-bound, though they did look a lot whiter before I spent an hour looking for my SD card.
    [​IMG]

Apparently there is a tiny bit of purple in the green KF, at 2 days before harvest.
    [​IMG]

The KF were taken down at 12 weeks, and the Jack went 13, yielding about a half pound of fire-resistant, crappy tasting, headache inducing bud, even after two months in jars. After water curing, at least it’s smokeable. Next time will be better, I hope.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OS

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I like your cab set-up. You will nail it next time around.
    Sannie has some good gear. Been enjoying his KO kush F4
    for years now.

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Dude I'll be watching your next grow.