Grower position interview with GTI

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mrgreengenes, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'm so Excited!
    GTI/Green Thumb Industries is building a 31,000 sqr foot medical grow facility I'm my area. It was just approved so there was no contact info. I looked up the company and sent an email to HR letting them know I lived in the area and my experience. I sent the email out two days ago, and received a email from their Hiring MGR and a phone # So I called him today and He wants to meet with me in the next couple of weeks and sit down.:) Needless to say I'm pretty excited! The chance to do what I love legally and get paid.:stoned-smiley:

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Congrats, man! That is awesome!

3. Mrgreengenes

Thanks Disco, I just had to real myself back in. I want this job Bad! I hope I get it but you never know. I'm sending him my Resume tonight. I'm not putting cannabis on it and I told him so. The guy just laughed and said I understand. He said when we talk in person we can go more in depth about my ability's and such. I had a good feeling talking to him for 5 minutes. I got my fingers crossed.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Good luck Mr G, you deserve that spot, you'll kill the interview I am sure.

nappyhawk likes this.
  5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Right on man! Way cool, best of luck to you. If you need any references, well you know. Lol

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Good luck, Mr GJ. Hope you get it.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Keep us posted. Good luck boss.

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Nice job being proactive with the HR people. Hope you get the position.

9. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Good luck. Hopefully you land it. You ever need a hand, I'll travel. HAHA

10. Mrgreengenes

The Hiring manager let me know that GTI will not start hiring till Jan 2017. He wants to do a Phone interview tomorrow at 4 pm with me. I'm looking forward to talking to him.
    I just need to write down a bunch of questions I have for him. I'll keep you guys updated.
    I also just voted early in my state and voted yes for Marijuana Legalization.

skunky likes this.
  11. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

good luck!

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Good luck on the job. I'm voting today and sadly I have to vote no on this thing they call legalization here.

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That sucks Blazer. Your usually pretty up on proposed legislation so I'm sure having to vote no is a depressing event.

Good luck my hopeful grow brother. You got this.:stoned-smiley:

14. bigbudztoo

Positive vibes for you to get the job. maybe give him a link
    to your grows ? That would seal the deal.

15. Mrgreengenes

I was pretty excited during the phone interview. It was nice to talk to someone in the industry that can understand my excitement level when it comes to talking about cannabis!
    They have some nice plains in the works and I'm just glade I got the chance to chat with the gentlemen. I set up a acct for him so he can watch my next grow.
    My passion is to do this till I'm dead and gone. I'm sure one way or another I'll get into the industry.

bigbudztoo, nippie and blazerwill420 like this.
  16. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Congrats, you deserve it.

I'm sure they'll be stunned as even most of us vets are with every grow

17. bigbudztoo

Great news. Doing something you love isn't even like work.

:animbong:

18. Mrgreengenes

My wife's joke is Mary Jane is the other woman that I'm having the affair with. LOL

19. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Yep, if he hangs out here and see's your work, i bet you get the job.

Def good luck to ya!

20. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

That would be so awesome! Fingers crossed for ya, not like you really need it. 31,000 sqft is a monster. Couldn't really even imagine doing a ~2,000 light grow. Sounds like heaven though. A big room ran by you would be a very beautiful thing to see I'd imagine. Going to be a suspenseful rest of the year.