Hey hey hey!!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by CCrete, Oct 16, 2016.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

whats up fellas! Been livin and lovin life with my family but we've recently had a punch in the gut A close uncle has been recently diagnosed with stage 4b cancer...im reaching out to anyone for possible help in education and what to be looking towards for some high CBD products.
    Ive made the rick simpson oil but my material just isnt right for what he needs, he used my gorilla glue ice hash for his pain, which helps a lot for him.
    Ill be making a trip to denver in the next week to 10 days, not sure what to do

Thanks for any and all help and its nice to get back to GK! Missed yall

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Denver is going to be a let down, I know it was for me.

sorry to hear about family, just had a friend pass out age from cancer. we tried to help as much as possible, just couldn't get the job done.

cali may be better option as I couldn't even find beans in co

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Hey Man good to see you back. Also sorry about your family member. I wished I could help with the info but I am stuck here in FL where we are 20 years behind everyone else with Med MJ. CA does sound like your best bet thou.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Yo brother, seems us growers in Prohibition States are becoming a go to for cancer and other med users. We're not pharmacists or Dr's so it puts us in an odd place where we don't belong of figuring out what folks need. It's a side argument that I think needs to happen for us cannabis providers. My answer to folks is for them to research their particular illness, and it's possible cannabis based treatments, then leave the making of those treatments to me. We're manufacturers, not diagnosticians or pharmacists, and until laws change the best advice a person can get for their needs is self research.

For high CBD oils I haven't found a reliable method that is home lab friendly or that consistently puts out a reliable product. If a patient requires high CBD the best we home brew providers can do is use a cold process extraction. The goal is to convert as little THCA, CBD, and CBDA into THC9 as possible by avoiding decarb of these acids. For high CBD oils I use a cold alcohol extraction of fresh or frozen material almost identical to a basic iso wash. The main difference being extending the time of solvent exposure by placing the entire wash jar in a freezer for several hours and using the entire plant (stems, buds and fans). No heat can be used at any point. Research has shown something called the "Entourage Effect" where better results occur using entire plant extractions vs bud only extractions. Current research shows that all the 421 elements in the herb seem to work together to provide the best healing. This was confirmed by Harvard-trained Dr. Lester Grinspoon. Until we know more and improve our processes the best we can do is capture everything possible. While the resulting oil from cold extractions is still fairly potent as an intoxicant, it still retains the same quantities of CBDA, CBD, THCA as the original plant material. Whereas heat applications reduce these acids to an almost negligible amount for med use.

Short dope.... Without sophisticated lab tools most of us lack the ability to produce true CBD oils. Our best option to serve this need is cold extractions of high CBD strains. The resulting oils will still have an intoxicating effect, albeit less than if the same oil were allowed to decarboxylate.

Best to you man. Hope it helps.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    blazerwill420 likes this.
  5. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  6. Justcheckingitout

Well said. There is alot to take into consideration on a individual basis

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

If you're trying to find some strains high in CBD and low THC of course Charlotte's web but also ACDC, harle-tsu, pearl, tora bora, CBD therapy, and harlequin are some good ones.

Charlotte's web, acdc, harle-tsu and pearl are all ~18-22% cbd and .5-1% THC. CBD therapy is about 8-10% CBD and .5% THC. tora bora is about 16% CBD 8% THC. Harlequin is also about 2:1 and up to 5:1.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    ResinRubber likes this.
  8. Justcheckingitout

I was just talking with Res about that Harlequin, treetown seeds mixed it in with a cherry Ak pheno, and called it P13. They mixed it in just to get the cbd count up.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    skunky likes this.
  9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Thought Charlotte's Web was a difficult strain to get a hand on?

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

hell i didn't think but a couple of people had charlottes web. I'm thinking that's one of the most guarded clones since its so well known for cbd it's worth a fortune if you could sell it straight to a big pharm company.........which will happen

11. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yeah I'm not certain. It seems like it's being guarded and proprietary but you know the interwebs there are some claiming to have it also. Just threw it out there because wasn't sure if he was looking to find some ready product or to add to the collective. Harle-tsu and AC DC are supposed to be the easy/easier ones to get clones of. Harle-tsu is also in seed form or was unless no longer available and like Charlotte's web they are both capable of 20:1 CBD THC. Pearl might be easier to find around PNW area it seems.

12. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

My experience has been cannabis doesn't sure cancer. Lost a good friend, my dog, another good friend, my mother....

We are all walking through a mine field, whistling in the dark to keep our spirits up. Live while you can.

13. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

What's up, CC? Been vacant myself for a while. I would love to see what folks say about CBD seeds/clones. I'd love to get my hands on one - I make CBD oil for one of my pups. He's getting old now, and started having small seizures. CBD coconut oil put a fast squash on that, I'm happy to say. Just a matter of finding a seed source to make my own.