S1

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Anyone here have experience with S1 seeds?

My question is. Will S1 seeds be a copy of the mother plant or can there be variations???

Just trying to see if I want to dish out $100 for 6 fem of the GG#4 s1 seeds.

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I'm not familiar with the term S1 seeds.
    But I'll for sure be tuned in for a GG grow if decide to pick up a pack

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

1st generation, Self pollinated.

You'll some get variation. Occurrence of recessive traits increases. You'll still get a decent percentage of plants that express the desired parental traits though.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

$100.00 for 6 fem seeds? Ouch and pass.
    1870_two_cents_rev.jpg

5. Justcheckingitout

Yeah, I am hoping to get the cut but worst case I am going to buy the seeds to run them. I am hearing the DVG s1's are best "True" around. Not sure till I see for my self but all the other GG s1's people say are crap except DR, Greenthumb which is $150 for 5 seeds I think.

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I will never pay that kind of $$ for seeds, from anybody. I'd pay up for clones of specific pheno's from reliable sources. But seeds? No fuckin' way.

7. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Yeah, that kind of money for seeds is too rich for my blood. Here is hoping you score with em, though.

8. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

I'd do it if the breeder was slinging known to be good gear and I really wanted a particular pheno.

9. Justcheckingitout

Its playing hell trying to get these seeds, yesterday they told me with in two weeks. But I might get a cut in a couple weeks and save me some cash.

10. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

JCIO, make sure to clone all of them. There will be a keeper. Keep the best one as a mother.

11. Justcheckingitout

Yep, I should be planting all 6 tomorrow. Hopefully SMC is going to help me do a compair grow on all 6 clones. I hate to mess something up and let one gem slip by. a extra set of eyes is always good. Its going to be my first S1 grow. If I could end up with parent genes thats not a bad deal since both patents were fire.